Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold coin readings

Posted by WyDiablo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold coin readings
January 25, 2014 05:24PM
I use a Fisher cz7a pro and I was wonderig what different gold coins would read on my detector?
Re: Gold coin readings
January 25, 2014 05:30PM
I haven't used a CZ, WyDiablo, but I can tell you that a U.S. $1 reads just below nickel, a $2.50 quarter eagle above nickel, in the lower tab range, a $5 half eagle in the high tab range, below a zinc penny, a $10 eagle at or just above the zinc penny range, and a $20 double eagle up near penny/dime/quarter.

Hope that helps!

Steve
January 25, 2014 09:14PM
Type 1, 2 & 3 U.S. $1.00 gold coin = "Foil"
Quarter Eagle = Round Tab
Half Eagle = Square Tab
Eagle = Zinc Penny
Double Eagle = Clad Dime

((( CZ-3D will read/ID differently )))
January 25, 2014 10:20PM
My CZ does not show numbers just a bar under the item detected. Its been a while since I have used the machine and I'm trying to get the fell of it again. I have mostly been using a Whites MXT but I sold it recently and now back the the CZ.
January 25, 2014 10:59PM
A gold coin can fall just about anywhere on the meter according to Tom which seems about right and add the nickel also for a tilted coin or partially masked one. Guess why they are so hard to find as many coins and targets fall into the same range and lets not forget foreign gold coins which are equally tough considering all the different denominations...
January 25, 2014 11:31PM
"My CZ does not show numbers just a bar under the item detected. Its been a while since I have used the machine and I'm trying to get the fell of it again. I have mostly been using a Whites MXT but I sold it recently and now back the the CZ."
Reply Quote Report

If the CZ-3D is tuned properly any US gold coin should read in the hi tone coin, mid tone relic and nickle.