Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looking off my front porch

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking off my front porch
January 28, 2014 09:55PM
23 degrees ,3 inches of snow....And My NEL coil for the G2 is rescheduled till Tomorrow!!!

Hard to believe I was hunting a House site yesterday at this time and it was 64 degrees and I was sweating...

I hope this is gone by tomorrow at this time...

Re: Looking off my front porch
January 28, 2014 09:58PM
Welcome to our world in the northeast!!
January 28, 2014 10:29PM
Yeah, it looks the same from my front porch too, except it will look like that for at least another 6 weeks!

Aaron
January 28, 2014 10:40PM
3 degrees here with at minimum of 2ft of snow on the ground with drifts as high as 5 ft

they're running out of area to push the snow - walmart parking lots (and the like) have mountains of snow piled 12 - 15ft high and it's taking up much of the parking space!!

When you drive down residential roads/streets - it's like driving thru a snow tunnel!!

My sons dog is like 2.5 ft tall --- he went out to pee this morning -- standing in the middle of the yard only his head was sticking out of the snow!

I'll trade ya!
January 28, 2014 10:58PM
Hi ,,,Heck Keith that's minor we usually like at least that much so we can make some snow cones....We sometimes get more than that in April....We had to use a blow dryer yesterday to thaw out our cat who got stuck in a snow drift chasing a mouse....Poor thing just sat there meowing.....LoL....JJ
January 29, 2014 12:14AM
Sorry Keith not supposed to get above freezing tomorrow. We are stuck with it.
January 29, 2014 12:19AM
Yea Keith, it rarely comes but goes quickly down your way.... Opposite around here. We're getting some below average cold snaps here in Pa.... AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!
January 29, 2014 12:54AM
Thanks for the encouragement through comparison's LOL!!!

But what's bad is down this way everything shuts down.....serioulsy it took me 2 hours to pick my daughter up from school and it was 4 miles away...

My wife had to Run To Atlanta to do some bookeeeping she does that for a company from home but today she had to drive there ///Well she's still stuck on the on ramp since 3:30 this afternoon...she has not moved...

Its crazy down this way....everything is closed...

yet in other parts of the country this would be nothing...

Hey Saturday is going to be 65~~~~!!!!!!

Keith
January 29, 2014 01:02AM
I was down in your area Keith, visiting my cousin in White House years ago and we were in the gym working out and it began to snow kinda heavy. We barely started working out and my cousin says "hey we gotta go!" I'm like dude we just started working! He says to me: "no you don't understand people down here panick when it snows cause they don't know how to drive in it!"
January 29, 2014 01:37AM
Hi Keith,
Wife's friend in Hiram was asking about snow.
So we sent some Canadian snow down your way.
We're not greedy, more than enough to spread around................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 29, 2014 02:25AM
Its true Aaron they panic down this way...

Hey Sven Thanks alot LOL!!!

Keith
January 29, 2014 02:44AM
Oh man,I just looked at facebook and all my family and friends that live in Ga & Ala are freakin out. Said the governor declared state of emergency. BTW, was 70 AGAIN today here,lol.
January 29, 2014 02:47AM
Milk and bread, We have to hurry to get it for some reason .......... lol

Tom in SC
January 29, 2014 03:04AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 23 degrees ,3 inches of snow....And My NEL coil
> for the G2 is rescheduled till Tomorrow!!!
>
> Hard to believe I was hunting a House site
> yesterday at this time and it was 64 degrees and I
> was sweating...
>
> I hope this is gone by tomorrow at this time...
>
>

Same thing happened to me. I was suppose to get my NEL 5" Sharp coil for the GM Power this last Friday. When I checked on it, said it was rescheduled for delivery because of weather conditions up North for this MONDAY!!!

Made for a very long weekend
January 29, 2014 03:27AM
I hear ya Manly....I went to the store this evening to get Some Pasta.. and it looked like a tornado hit the bread isle....

then walked to the back for some meat and the Milk was all gone....Makes you wonder what people do with the milk....Heck it will spoil if we loose power ...I guess you could put it outside to keep it cool ...

Im sorry I cant stop laughing...Thinking about it...

Hey Ray sounds good on the 70...Im usually happy wiht my upper 50's lower 60's....

But I guess this global warming has us in the deep freeze...

Yeah Ron that's the worst part ...I was anticapating the 5" NEL for the G2...and NO GO.....

I should of ordered me a 5.5 x 9.5 too ...I have a hot little 5x10 on the G2 I would love to see if it could be out done...

Keith

Keith
January 29, 2014 02:30PM
Always remember sent a two piece older unit to a friend down South and had to use a snow shovel box due to its length. Fellow was at work and when he returned home his dad said why in heavens name did you buy a snow shovel as we never get any. Been years since I read that E-mail but still get a chuckle when I think about it...Seems like global warming went South this year err on second thought perhaps North. Sure been an upside down year for sure...On the good side you fellas down South won't have to wait for it to melt like us fellows up North...
January 29, 2014 02:53PM
What coil are you getting?
January 29, 2014 03:04PM
I have a coil 5'' nel to Omega. Thin gold chain 14k weight of 0.45 grams signals of 3 inches with no problem. Indicates the same bit of what my visata gold

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2014 03:13PM by Denari.
January 29, 2014 10:22PM
I am waiting on the 5" NEL for the G2 digger70....

I got a 5" NEL for my GMP and was enamored wiht it but I cant tell if its the coil or machine since the GMP does not offer samll coil but hte 5x10 and its not very HOT... so I am going to try one on the G2 so I can comapre it with a FT 5"...

I do like the prices of the NEL's though for the build quality you get... thye are built great and cost a good bit less than the factory charges for optional coil's..

Keith
January 29, 2014 10:25PM
How does the Omega do on the chain denari with the factory 5" DD installed..

Keith
January 30, 2014 01:55AM
SNOWAGEDDAN!!!
January 30, 2014 02:54AM
I hear ya man. This caught everbody up here off guard. The weather people were saying that only you guys down in GA and AL were gonna get the snow. We were suppose to get a few flurries and maybe a dusting in the higher elevations. Instead...we end up with rain that changed over to snow...then it just kept coming. About 2 inches later it finally quit...but by then, where the roads had been wet from the earlier rain, they froze to ice and then we had snow on top of ice. 4x4s on snow = good to go. 4X4 on ice = just as bad off as a 2 wheel drive. I started down a hill, creeping along at about 10 mph. I lightly pumped my brakes and felt them lock up and grab for some reason. That was just enough to get me a touch sideways. At that point I was sliding down the hill with nothing more than the weight/momentum of the truck moving me. It was a very slow slide but nothing I could do. I slid approx 70-80 yards down the hill and realized I wasn't going to be able to stop at the 4 way stop at the bottom of the hill. It is usually a very busy road there and my cheeks were squeezed as tight as I could get 'em. LOL Somehow I managed to hit it just right and slid entirely across the 4 way at a time without a single car coming. Scary few seconds indeed.

The videos and pics out of Atlanta were just amazing to me. The abandoned vehicles on the interstate, etc. We have a big archery shoot in Newberry, FL this weekend and will be coming through Atlanta on I-75 Friday. I hope its somewhat cleared up by then.
January 30, 2014 03:08AM
Yeah Daniel I think it was a surprise for us as well it was supposed to be below Atlanta.. well did not work like that...

My wife finally got home today at 2P.M. that was 25 hours later after she left work in Atlanta...She stayed in her car all night...I could not get to her and she was stuck onthe West bound Interstate in a bad part of Atlanta......So we decided insted of me trying to get to her and abandont he Vehicle she would be better off to stay where she was at...Luckily I had Just filled the Subaru up and it get's above 30 miles to the gallon and she managed to stay warm all night.. but still used 3/4ths of a tank of gas ..

She said when she Got home today ,"Im glad I wqas in hte Suby I was able to move this morning I had to weave in and out but kept going past everyone sliding"

I own 2 4x4 trucks Toyota and Nissanand 1 all whell drive Subaru crosstrek and I believe the Subaru goes better on ice than anything i've ever had...it may not work through mud but its phenomenal on wet roads and snow and ice..I will never have another 2 wheel drive anything fro me and my family..

it'll be 60 Saturday Daniel youll be good to go!!Good lcuk

Keith
January 30, 2014 05:53AM
This chain, coil 11dd'' and 10'' dd does not detect. coils a standard 5 "I do not have
January 30, 2014 02:32PM
Here is hoping enough snow melts here tomorrow and Saturday to let me find some bare ground on Sunday....will be digging frozen ground regardless though.

Rod - PA
Tom D calibrated F75 DST - so deep I pulled some Chinese coins using a hole in PA.
January 30, 2014 02:53PM
On a side note, I also have a 5" NEL coil coming for my F75. I was going to get the bigger coil but decided to go with the 5" since I don't have one any smaller than the stock coil. If I like the quality of the NEL, I will sell my Ultimate 13 and buy the NEL equivalent.
January 30, 2014 03:33PM
I'm very curious how the NEL compares to the stock 5" Fisher coil for the F75....
January 30, 2014 06:09PM
I would also to see a comp between the Fisher 5" and the NEL 5".
January 30, 2014 08:25PM
Wow Keith that is a pretty front yard site for sure, I know it cuts into detecting time but it's is a treat to ones eyes who don't get snow very often.

It rained here about 2-3 hours ago, Quick blast then it was gone. We need rain here in California so every drop is a sight for sore eyes think we're in for a serious drought this year.

Took this pic about 2 hours after the rain had stopped, Little river about 100 yards behind my home. At this particular area the river splits into two smaller ones then joins up about a mile down, Allot of history related to this river dating back to 1850. I know 1850 isn't old for back east but for us here on the west coast it's old enough. Got my oldest American coin near here 1835 Bust half dime, Then an 1792 French coin and lots of cool relics. The Indians massacred the first settlers skinning the leader John Wood alive, Only three of the original 12-15 settlers survived two escaped one played dead with an arrow in his back.

Enjoy your the recent drop of snow, Now's the time to do mods or research cooped up indoors smiling smiley

Paul (Ca)