Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thinking of getting a vista

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thinking of getting a vista
February 27, 2014 01:40PM
I've been thinking of getting a vista machine for the depth they get I'm torn between the smart and the gold models any info is greatly appreciated thanks
Re: Thinking of getting a vista
February 27, 2014 03:30PM
Never used a Smart but have had two Vista Golds, Good machines for relic hunting that's about the area it does well.

Paul (Ca)
February 27, 2014 03:59PM
Get a G2/GBP instead. More versatile and IMHO just as good in iron.
February 27, 2014 05:14PM
IMHO....you'll be alot better off w a used GMP

Aaron
February 27, 2014 05:41PM
Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it. I've had a G2 but wasn't impressed with the depth also had an original GM years ago and really wish I never sold it that machine opened my eyes big time about iron masking took it to an old stage coach stop that I pounded with atleast half a dozen machines. I was about to give up on this site until I tried the goldmaxx and couldn't believe what I was finding! Found a bunch of coins from flying eagles to reales a couple 1832 half dimes ect. And that was in one hunt!
February 27, 2014 05:49PM
I owned a vista smart for around a year and only changed for a change.... Great machine that will keep up with high end machines triple it's price, compared signals with the deus and with the smart they seemed brighter and more pronounced.

Plain simple no thrills detector that does it's job intended and very well.

Future classic over here in the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2014 05:50PM by Ziggy.
February 27, 2014 05:59PM
Hopefully Deeptech has addressed the low quality issues. Many owners here in the states had to send defective coils or control boxes back under warrantee. My Gold was a nice performing machine though.
February 27, 2014 06:10PM
Nothing wrong with a DTVG for site specific machine..i actually like the audio of the DTVG over the GMP..put just a personal taste..

BUT at the same time don't buy either if you plan on using it in the more modern sites..

Keith
February 27, 2014 07:17PM
Thanks for all the great info guys. My parents have 200 acres in upstate ny that has an old abandoned road through it from early 1800s and an old ice pond in the woods, part of the dam is still there. I'm looking for a deep machine to use on this site and in the fields on the property. There's also an old rock wall on the other side of property that I want to search but there's a lot of brush in the way. Anyone ever have any luck around old ice ponds?
February 27, 2014 08:26PM
Sounds like spectacular spot you could spend the rest of your life hunting.

Have fun!

Aaron
February 28, 2014 12:21AM
I'm not sure of the mineralization in upstate ny but from videos I've seen it looks like the Vgold and Vsmart go pretty deep
February 28, 2014 01:09AM
The Vista gold should be perfect for the type of site you mentioned . It is an amazing old site relic machine on par with many machines 2 or 3 times the price . Hits BOTH small gold/lead and silver at astounding depths . Will pick the goodies out of nail carpets and almost never false on old square nails .
February 28, 2014 01:17AM
Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it. I'm gonna get the VG. Now I just have to wait till the ground thaws up there. Wish everyone good hunting this year.
February 28, 2014 01:32AM
I regret selling my VG....I let my bad attitude get the best of me sometimes,lol. Hope you like it as much as I did.
February 28, 2014 02:59AM
Their sales team are people oriented.
February 28, 2014 07:56PM
Is there coil options for the V gold?
February 28, 2014 09:06PM
Hey Sanddog, I may have a Vista Gold for sale here soon, send me a PM if interested.
March 01, 2014 04:15AM
A yr ago, they were all you saw on this forum. That died out VERY fast. I tried a Smart and Gold both and wasn't impressed with either one of them. They reminded me of a flimsy built Tesoro, except they cost a lot more.
March 01, 2014 04:30AM
Uh huh.
Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of action on their forum either....

[www.findmall.com]
March 01, 2014 05:06AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Uh huh.
> Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of action on
> their forum either....
>
> [www.findmall.com]

Maybe thsts because the dude who used to be the only seller,was a dick. The Vista Gold was a great detector for me...I jelled with it right away,and mine wasnt even working properly. The build quality was pretty flimsy(knobs) but I understand thats been addressed. Sanddog,the thing you should know is the vista gold is pretty much a relic machine...disc only goes to goil,no screen,but works wonderfully in carpet of nails scenerio like old homesites. Modern trash....no thanks!
March 01, 2014 07:28AM
If you did not like the Gold ...You would not like the GMP...The DTVG is a close copy of the GMP..

I dont look for non of them for extreme depth though...Their magic is on iron...Oh they will get deep at times like alot of detector's can but their DNA is unmasking...

Keith