Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need help

Posted by gravediggermax 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need help
March 06, 2014 02:46PM
I think it was back in 2012....maybe 2011

I believe tom did a test using etrac and Sunray X 5 coil.........it was a long post with great results......using mono and maybe two tones.......

How is the best what to search for that post...?....maybe what key words...?

Thanks

<")))))<>(
Re: Need help
March 06, 2014 02:56PM
Max,
Tom tested my Etrac w 5" X coil 3 yrs ago, maybe that's what your thinking about.

Standby...

Aaron
March 06, 2014 02:56PM
March 06, 2014 03:19PM
Found this link from March 17, 2011:

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
March 06, 2014 03:59PM
Yes, that's it.
March 06, 2014 04:16PM
Bertman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Found this link from March 17, 2011:
>
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,13413,13502#msg-13502
Ok Bertman....thanks

Yes Aaron...that is it

Kewl
March 06, 2014 04:35PM
Great, glad someone found that. Thanks. I only have an ETrac for now, and recently got the 5.3x7 excellerator coil which I really enjoy in some of my nasty spots.
After rereading that thread, think Im going to start a learning experience using long. I use Ferrous mainly with 4 tones, maybe I will try multiple also.
Also,I stay in Auto +3, do on occasion go into manual, around 26 with minimal disc. Funny thing, Ive read where some disc is needed for the ETrac to perform better,dunno on this.
My ground is mild but not inert or heavily mineralized.
Another curiousity concerning coils, since I just read a thread where several of you guys stated the detector manufactor coils are best to use. I know with the 5.3x7 excelerator, my vdi readings for everything runs much higher, but the little coil has been great in the trash I hunt. I have a Sunray 8, but its VDI is pretty equal to the Procoil.
Another thing that concerned me for sometime,but Ive eventually just stopped worring over it,,,,I never have found any targets deeper than about 7 to 8 inches with my ETrac. Most average,5 to 6 inches. Of course, that could have a lot to do with hunting in nasty spots.
Well, its all I have atm, I do concern myself with masking and its slower response.
John
March 07, 2014 04:35AM
gravediggermax Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bertman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Found this link from March 17, 2011:
> >
> >
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
>
> > .php?2,13413,13502#msg-13502
> .
> .
> .
> Ok Bertman....thanks
>
> Yes Aaron...that is it
>
> Kewl

You're Welcome... I also needed this read... May all of our keeper side of the pouch overflow this year...