Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Teknetics G2...Time to bring it up New Airtest Video added with Ultimate 13... 3/30/14

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I've been quite about the G2 I have in my possesion..I very been through about 4 of them and used others..

but last fall I picked up one used like new locally...

I had to have it after trying it....

the reason being is the power it has...it's the first one I've encountered that's has a threshold sizzle above 95 sens.

every coil I have also does this on this machine..

so how many of tall have a GB or G2 that has this ..

I know theres a guy who mods them for more power ..now I wonder If I have one..

stock coil airtest a nickle at disc 30 sens 100 at 17.5 inches..my others never did this.

Anyone have one like this..

3/25/14 video of the machine sens at high gain [www.youtube.com]

3/30/14 Airtest Video with ultimate 13 [www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2014 09:32PM by Keith Southern.
wjs
Re: Teknetics G2...Time to bring it up
March 25, 2014 01:43AM
No I have not had one like this. I have one coming in a few days and will test it but I want to be first in line if you sell it........;o)
March 25, 2014 02:01AM
Hi Keith,,,,that's the reason why I try to buy new equipment whenever possible.....I hate it when someone gets inside and turns stuff up....I used to have the same problem with buying radio equipment...It was hard to find one that someone did not get inside of it and tweak it....It will probably run a lot more nosier and be not as stable now....I know a lot of guys on another forum that's turning their Tesoro Compadre's up so hey have a little chatter....My buddy tried it on his and it ran pretty noisy,so he turned it back down....Best of luck....JJ
March 25, 2014 02:07AM
jimmyjiver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Keith,,,,that's the reason why I try to buy new
> equipment whenever possible.....I hate it when
> someone gets inside and turns stuff up....I used
> to have the same problem with buying radio
> equipment...It was hard to find one that someone
> did not get inside of it and tweak it....It will
> probably run a lot more nosier and be not as
> stable now....I know a lot of guys on another
> forum that's turning their Tesoro Compadre's up so
> hey have a little chatter....My buddy tried it on
> his and it ran pretty noisy,so he turned it back
> down....Best of luck....JJ I am one of those guys that tweaks the Compadre but not so much that it becomes chatty, makes a big improvement on most Compadre's as I believe that are factory set to be very quiet for new folks entering the hobby. Never been around a G2 but hear good things about them. Let us know how it does for you Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2014 02:10AM by SkiWhiz.
March 25, 2014 02:19AM
There's nothing to do to say tweak..it would have to be a component replacement..

please understand..I'm not complaining..Lol

if you read my post I've had it for about months..sort of debated talking about it..

i have dozens and dozens of hours on it..

I'm just wondering if it's factory or one of the ones that's been modded..

whatever it is its very powerful in the dirt..

would not want the others I've had after running this one...

I can also get the disc real low and it stays intelligent..like around 26..

keith
March 25, 2014 02:41AM
WOW...I'd like to have mine "modded..." 17.5" on a DIME???

Steve
March 25, 2014 02:45AM
Hi Keith,,,,oops my bad....LoL........I have a 1021 3D that's not the deepest one out there that I have heard of...I think Tom verified it to 11.7" or so but I will tell you that it's stable and runs super quiet....Another good point about it is that false signals are few and far between....I'm not totally certain that a hot machine is any better than a more stable quieter running one...I have had machines that would air test to unreal measurements only to fall flat on their face when trying to penetrate the soil... JJ
March 25, 2014 03:31AM
Oh heck, that 17.5" nickel is still a few inches short of my Signum in boost. smiling smiley all in fun.
March 25, 2014 01:32PM
I hear ya Daryl..I know you are having fun with the Signum!

Still hope someone will chime in with a G2 or GB Pro who is experiencing threshold sizzle (not emi) above 95 sens..

i find it very unique..

Keith
March 25, 2014 02:42PM
If First Texas could make all their machines consistently hot, and clean up the EMI issues as well, they would be the machines to beat!
March 25, 2014 02:54PM
Can this mod be accomplished on present Teknetics G2's???? If so, how can one start the process of having it done. If it's do-able.....and it is......then will the one who did one, do two, or three??? Anyway,.......I could use about two more inches of "in dirt" depth. Very interesting stuff.
March 25, 2014 03:15PM
I have one that was sent to me to test a few years ago..never did a air test but I always crank the sens all the way and get no EMI...but Keith I thought you were now using the smaller coil on your hunts. What depth do you get on that coil.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 25, 2014 03:23PM
I just air tested mine. Sens set at 100%....no feedback or sizzle. Ground balance at 56. Disc at 35. In DISC MODE: 13 inches on the V nickel. In ALL METAL MODE: 15 inches. The signals on both the DISC and ALL METAL MODES were faint, yet repeatable. I post this just as comparison.
Keith, is that the same G2 that you used in the video when you tested the G2 and the Omega on the buried coin in your test garden???
March 25, 2014 04:49PM
Maybe you got an F19 prototype. How many detectors do you go through to get all of these hot ones. Omega
March 25, 2014 05:00PM
Maybe you got a F19 prototype. How many detectors do you go through to get all of these hot ones? Omega with extra shielding and wires, Quiet T2 at 99 sens boosted, and now a G2 with a threshold hum and superior air tests. I suppose others have them too, they just arent as keen or into finding out about their machines as you are Keith. Thank you for sharing. Always interesting and informative.
March 25, 2014 06:06PM
Hey beastdig...you won't belive how many machines I get hold of...

more than I ever tell about..If I talk about it Its usually worth mentioning..at least in my thought process..

I have and have used quite a few machines that I don't talk about.

I'm lucky enough to try before I buy on the common machines like FTs.

I've had some real lemons Lol..

thats the thing though you never know whats hot from cold to normal without hands on..

Kevin your G2 sound like a normal one..good depth..

no its not the one in the video..

Keith
March 25, 2014 06:07PM
Don't forget the super hot TEJON that he sold me and ended buying back!

Yeah what gives Keith?

: )
Video added
March 25, 2014 07:05PM
[youtu.be]

keith
Re: Teknetics G2...Time to bring it up (Video added)
March 25, 2014 08:46PM
Man, it is windy like that here in West Tennessee. But yes, I love my little G2. Just with the stock 11 inch DD coil, it is a detector well worth it's salt. If it weren't so windy< I'd go back to my V nickel place. Anyway, thanks for the vid. You've got that Youtube uploading figured out. It has always been a thorn in my side. I wish that I could make vids like that and simply upload them without a bunch of button pushing. Maybe I'll practice. Have a great day. That a nice looking.....Tacoma??? I had a black 99 Tacoma V-6 SR-5 4 wheel drive. An elderly gentleman, who was visually challenged pulled out in front of me. Now, I am a 2004 Honda Civic driver. I miss my Tacoma. They are like a reliable ol horse. Anyway, thanks for throwing up a vid. That is VERY interesting. I wish that I knew something about electronics. But I best leave the G2 as is. Dave Johnson did a fine job on this one!!!!!!!!
March 25, 2014 09:01PM
I've always wondered if the early release omega's had a higher overall sensitivity adjustment making them deeper/more emi. so to reduce emi they now just don't turn up as hot. maybe the reverse is happendin on the G2. They started coming out with a higher start on the sensitivity dial since noise or emi has never been an issue with them. I know the new one coming out in June does not have boost process but is supposed to be hotter somehow. Maybe this is how.
March 25, 2014 10:34PM
I want one...
March 26, 2014 02:22AM
lets see the air test please

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
I Was Wondering When Someone Was Going To Mention This....
March 26, 2014 12:00PM
Keith, My GBSE v29 does the same thing. Maybe that's why I never want to part with it!! It is crazy deep with the Ultimate 13 coil, but has the same separation as the 11" Biaxial does.......Mark
March 26, 2014 01:59PM
Hey Mark..

I loved the 2.9 my self..

yet mine did not sizzle on top end..

I think and this is a stab....but the internal ground Bal for disc mode on this machine may be set different than normal..This machine is also very hot on a silver dollar..

What's also noticed over the course of about 7 energizer is as the bars drop the sizzle gets weaker..not goes away but gets weaker..but that may be the audio amp just cutting back ..

BUT I know in iron I find this machine to pull stuff out of sites ..This was the reason I needed the ctx with the small coil for ssome comparisons on some small stuff in iron in bad dirt...

so far out of the gmp...the t2 se and now the ctx this G2 is as good and at times it's hitting targets they are reporting as iron..

yet at the same time this machine also digs deep nails that read solid 79 or 80 dead lock..my other G2 GB did not do this..yet I like that..deep sparky machines exhibit this..

Thanks for the info Mark

Keith
March 26, 2014 06:48PM
Man that's almost their with my Bounty Hunter! You still have a inch to go. lol
March 26, 2014 09:24PM
Hi Keith,,,,It seems like you are witnessing Newtons Third Law::::For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction....It also seems like it's exhibiting some of the 1200's series characteristics.....I'm a firm believer that a hotter machine is not always better machine....I run quieter stable machines and come away at the end of the day with my sanity....JJ
March 27, 2014 05:04PM
I had a CoinStrike that had a star wars light sabre type buzz around the edges when ran in all metal mode. Is that the type of 'sizzle' you are refering to, Keith?

HH
Mike
March 28, 2014 06:12PM
Hey Mike I know the Sound you talk of on the Coinstrike..

No Im not talking about that same type sound on the G2..Im actually saying its like on say a musketeer or 1266 1236 and such when you get to a certian point on the sens right before full gain.. a bit of slight thresh chatter comes in to give the advantage of the faintest of targets having the ability to waiver it..

it opens up that area right at the edge of its there its not there...gives that gray area on the edge for depth to massage a couple more targets at depth with the machine..

Imagine taking your F5 and running sens as high as you can then turing up the thresh till some sizzle comes in...

the nice thing about the G2 though is its EMI resilent so the slight buzzy sizzle is more noticable and adaptable over say the lower freq machine's...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2014 08:54PM by Keith Southern.
March 28, 2014 07:44PM
Thanks Keith, Now I understand what you are talking about.
March 28, 2014 08:53PM
Very welcome Mike!

Keith