Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just Saying

Posted by sheds 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just Saying
March 28, 2014 01:36AM
Back in the late 60's when I was a little kid I came up on an older man with a metal detector, I watched him pull a mercury dime out of that hole, I was amazed! From then on I was hooked. Some years later in the 80's I save my money and bought my first detector. 5000 Whites. no I.D. meter. whent by the sound. had three more Whites after that with the XLT being my last one. All good detectors. Now I have two Fishers cz7, cz3d. Now I'm back going by the tone again. Last weekend I found a 1945 walking half. At that moment I was that little kid again, seeing that silver come out of that hole looking like it was just droped! If you don't get that feeling you don't love it like I do!!!! CZ'S are the best detectors ever made! JUST SAYING!!!!!!
Re: Just Saying
March 28, 2014 02:33AM
I think you will find there are a lot of kids on this forum loving this hobby..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 28, 2014 10:25AM
Yea boy. This is a hobby unlike any other. I get much the same thrill when I get up super early and head to the Delaware Bay with my buddy and his boat. There is always something going on in that bay. Blues or striped bass in a feeding frenzy with hundreds of gulls hitting the water, big turtles bobbing on the surface, sharks biting off half of your flounder, catching a big weakey.....it's a blast.

A big trick in staying healthy in mind, spirit and body, is having a passion, something to look forward to and get excited about. I see some family members and acquaintances get dulled out. They go to work, come home, do chores and run the same course again...more to life than that. I tell them 'you need to find something that gets your blood swirling, want to try detecting?' They say 'nah, not for me'. I think they worry too much what others think...they don't even try it.....they think I'm part cu-key.

I think most of us are of the adventurous type. If we were living back a couple hundred years ago, we'd of been explorers.

Believe it or not detecting is great exercise. How many come home exhausted?.. Walking through weeds, up hills, getting down and up hundreds of times, digging.....allot of movement going on there. We also learn history weather we want to or not.

Anticipation.... We know we will find an old coin or a relic, maybe not today but eventually.... if we research and the study the past....how exhilarating is that?

So I agree with you sheds, an old coin, especially a shiny silver showing up, is a huge thrill. Now I'm all fired up........!!! To the fields, boys !!!
March 28, 2014 12:46PM
Certainly CZ's have their following including myself. As far as the hobby whats over the next hill and exercise not to mention smelling the roses along the way is what its all about.
March 28, 2014 01:03PM
Im with you Ozzie! If you see my post on Joes forum, I usually say found adventure,not treasure. Love getting out hiking in the canyons and mountains, finding areas that where bustling camps 150 years ago, seeing wildlife, and avoiding getting bit by a rattler. And Im lucky enough to share the adventures with my 18 yr old son beside me. Any good finds are icing on the cake. Ray
March 28, 2014 02:44PM
CZs are classics, the 3D is still my favorite coin machine.
There's something to be said when a machine is still commanding the prices it still does on FeeBay
March 28, 2014 05:09PM
Doesn't get much better than that, does it Ray. The boy will remember these times with his pop, always. He'll bring stories up years from now and bust your chops on something you did, and you'll say 'I don't remember that".
My son is 30 now, he's always bustin on me...we laugh, I bust him back better, we laugh....good times.
March 28, 2014 08:41PM
Hi,,,,I'm just saying too....JJ