Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question on the new 3d

Posted by John S 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question on the new 3d
February 13, 2010 01:27PM
Has any of you got a new 3d from the Fisher co. in Tx and is it working ok and do you like it? Let me know.
Re: Question on the new 3d
February 13, 2010 04:09PM
Mine is about 8 months old,it will only air test a clad dime at 8 inches and not consistantly at that [per air test settings for 3D on this site].There is probably some new ones that are ok but mine is not one of them.If I had to do it over again I would look for an early model or stay away from it completely.Your best bet is to try one before you buy but that was not possible in my case.
Good luck
February 13, 2010 06:18PM
Send it back. Talk to Daniel Snell ext. #131 Its under warranty. Mine only did "6 and He adjusted it up to 10.5 on a dime. He should be able to to the same for you if not better.
Aaron
February 13, 2010 09:26PM
Don't give up on your CZ3d, mine isn't as hot on the airtest as some of them say it should be, but I find lots of old, deep stuff. If you can send it back and have it improved go for it. Part of buying a new one vs the oldder, deeper unit is your five year warranty. Go ahead and use it.
If you try and they can't help it and you feel like you are missing a lot of targets, then give up on the unit. I really enjoy mine and it seems awfully deep in spite of its less than perfect air testing. Let us know what you decide, a lot of people are interested in your situation and what Fisher has to say.

HH, Don
February 13, 2010 09:31PM
I know on some detectors the air test is not a good test. They well go deeper in the ground then the air. The 3d ????
February 13, 2010 10:50PM
For depth purposes.....the 3D needs to air-test well. If it'll only detect a dime to 8" in an air-test......it will not detect deeper in the ground.

On a similar note........I just had a CZ-3D come across my bench that would air-test a clad dime at 9.5" with the Sens set at 4.5. This particular unit required a Sens setting of 5-1/4 for max depth performance.......and would then detect this same clad dime to just under 12". Yes, Sens knob was alignment-centered....and needed no adjustment. (( This was a Ser# 1121 unit )).
February 15, 2010 11:29PM
IS IT FOR SALE?
LOL
February 16, 2010 12:02AM
Hi Tom,

Was that my unit you mentioned? Thanks
February 16, 2010 01:30AM
No.......the one RIGHT BEFORE yours. (A close friend).....of whom will NOT part with his unit.
February 16, 2010 03:09AM
I know the feeling...thanks my friend.