Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab Explorer 4 to be released per other forum

Posted by gates21 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab Explorer 4 to be released per other forum
February 14, 2010 02:26AM
And I quote:

I was talking to a dealer who is a relative of a minelab engineer, the good news is that a new flagship explorer is to be released later this year.
Limited information is available but here are a few facts about the new explorer 4 Some all new features that are known to been included with the new machine .
1. Colour LCD screen using advanced high definition graphics .

2. New multi pulse dual phase high power time delay system . The new system is a discriminating pulse induction system.

3. Depth is claimed to be 20 inches on coins.

4. New control box design is fairly similar to whites v3 in size but with much larger LCD meter .

5, The coil is a multi stacked coil , this means multiple coils stacked inside the housing to increase depth by a claimed 40%.

6, Details to dealers is expected July -august this year.
New Minelab?
February 14, 2010 03:02AM
Oh Man! Another major advancement? $$

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
Re: Minelab Explorer 4 to be released per other forum
February 14, 2010 03:11AM
Hmmmm, now thats really interesting.
I guess Minelab is not the only company that has found the need or importantance for a color screen.
20 inches on a coin? I'll have to see it to believe it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 03:13AM by Aaron.
February 14, 2010 03:27AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmmm, now thats really interesting.
> I guess Minelab is not the only company that has
> found the need or importantance for a color
> screen.
> 20 inches on a coin? I'll have to see it to
> believe it.

Yea me too, I've not only got to see it but I got to do it before I believe it.
I've had some rare instances where I've found things at "Holy @#!& " depths but only a few. I'll need this new super detector to be dust and water resistant or better yet water proof it. Knowing Minelab, it'll be $3000 or more so I'm not exactly going to jump in on this just yet. I'm a skeptic when it comes to all the hype and chit chat. I'll get excited only after someone like Tom has run it through its paces or if I happen to be able to get my skinners on one.
Intriguing non the less, very Intriguing.
February 14, 2010 05:04AM
If it is heavy forget it!!!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 14, 2010 01:41PM
Heres what others are saying about this "miracle machine" on the Depot

[www.thetreasuredepot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 01:42PM by Aaron.
February 14, 2010 03:33PM
I'll jump ship......swing a 20lbs dumb-bell......and easily pay $3K for it....if it truly is a paradigm innovative leap in technology...........LCD color screen... or not.
February 14, 2010 04:40PM
Does PI technology mean the that the multi-frequency transmission is dropped? Is it relevent (by design)?
February 14, 2010 05:48PM
Wow Tom jump ship swing 20lbs,color, for three grand I will stay on my ship.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

February 15, 2010 01:07AM
Hopes are not too high.....yet, due chance must be given.

--With PI ..... multi-freq is irrelevant. Not needed.

Remember, a PI can punch through the most difficult dirt; although ID accuracy (assuming PI w/ID capabilities) may suffer.
February 15, 2010 02:03AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopes are not too high.....yet, due chance must be
> given.
>
> --With PI ..... multi-freq is irrelevant. Not
> needed.
>
> Remember, a PI can punch through the most
> difficult dirt; although ID accuracy (assuming PI
> w/ID capabilities) may suffer.

Tom, nudge, nudge, sshhhhhh don't give ML the idea that we will all go get a loan just to own one !!!

Yea, I.d. will suffer but so will depth.
It sounds absolutely like a P.I. unit with pulse delay.
I've yet to see anyone create a P.I. unit with discrimination via
pulse delay that will not suffer from depth issues and the i.d. still isn't accurate no matter what they do. It seems that for what ever reason, when the manufactures use pulse delay, its tied into the units sensitivity.
Garrett does this and its a big gripe from what I've read with their uses.
I hope Minelab has truly found another way to skin a cat.
I hope that damned cat is cost effective, somehow we all know it won't be.
I still can't wait to see it.
I'm going to go rent that bobcat with the backhoe attachment as soon as its released :-)
Good business practices...
February 15, 2010 03:18PM
Having used a bunch over the years I know new units are constantly being turned out as companies would soon go out of business if new (improved) were not put on the market.Have to admit a minelab explorer in my opinion has the best guts in the industry...Now lets hope they lighten the load, sell on the installment plan and last but not least come out with a quality product to dig those 20 inch coins. I personally feel the original explorer XS in a lightweight version would sell like hotcakes as those blokes downunder must be powerfull fellows judging by the weight and ergonomics of an exporer.
February 15, 2010 03:39PM
And some more chit chat on Find's Treasure Forum

[www.findmall.com]
Jeb
February 15, 2010 03:44PM
I have been reliably informed that this is `just` a load of BULL.

There IS another detector due out the end of the year BUT it NOT a MK4 Explorer..
There has not even been an Explorer 3 out since the Explorer 2 , So why would they jump from the Explorer 2 to the Explorer 4 ?? The "SE" came after the Explorer2 and it was called an "Explorer SE " not an explorer 3.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 03:48PM by Jeb.
February 15, 2010 07:01PM
Yeah I wondering the same EXACT thing!
February 15, 2010 08:25PM
1. Explorer X
2. Explorer XS
3. Explorer II
4. Explorer SE
5. E-Trac
6. Explorer 4??????????????

I think whoever propogated this is hoping to hurt Minelab not help them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 08:25PM by Shambler.
February 15, 2010 08:30PM
It was posted that it is not actually called the explorer 4, but the E-pulse.
February 15, 2010 08:35PM
Regardless of original intent..
February 15, 2010 11:17PM
Rumors and or "early leaks" typically have the potential effect of compelling folks to hold off on any other near term purchases. I don't see how that hurts ML other than maybe altering the course of those that were close to pulling the trigger on one of their current models.
Re: Regardless of original intent..
February 15, 2010 11:22PM
I was actually under the impression that whoever started this rumor was trying to hurt First Texas by hoping to preempt sales of the new F75 Black. There is almost no doubt that its the best detector out there so lots of people are thinking of buying it instead of an Etrac and even some Etrac users are wanting to switch to the Black. Of course, the EX4 rumor is stopping many of those people in their tracks.
February 15, 2010 11:27PM
Not true. Falwinfo. No new minelab this yr at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 11:51PM by PanMan.
You might want to make a note...
February 15, 2010 11:34PM
when someone is about to tell you something in confidence, before they ever say it, you might want to ask how many others already know and based on that decide if you really want to know or not. The more that know, the more likely someone will talk even though they swore to silence and at that point EVERYONE appears to be potentially guilty. Not a good spot to be in.
Re: You might want to make a note...
February 16, 2010 01:46AM
Just don't think Minelab is 'sleeping'.
February 16, 2010 02:36AM
BuckeyeBrad said: "I don't see how that hurts ML other than maybe altering the course of those that were close to pulling the trigger on one of their current models."

Who buys anything when word is that the device will be "obsoleted" by a new model? If the rumors were true, it would be a depth difference of 8 - 12" - anyone that buys an etrac between now and when the dust settles is silly. It absolutely hurts them.

I know a few people that aren't going to buy F75's since the "introduction" of the black LTD.
Can Pulse units really discriminate?
February 16, 2010 03:36AM
Lack of discrimination has held the pulse units back, no?
Re: Regardless of original intent..
February 16, 2010 03:43AM
Oh well I am sure some will wait and wait and wait and then Fisher will have a new flagship ready

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

Jeb
February 16, 2010 11:39AM
I don`t think Minelab are remotely bothered what First Texas bring out because for starters they have the own `dedicated` loyal minelab supporters.

I myself have used most Minelabs for a couple of years. I used various Sovereigns for 15 years when they were in their hey day.
progressing up through the Mk1 Explorer to the two and have dabbled with the E trac.
I`m like anyone else,I try them and if I `gel` with them I will keep them till someting else comes along newer. I`ll try that if it sounds tasty enough and make my decision on that. Just as I did with my last E trac. The Fisher F75 came out, I heard good things about it , tried it, and the E trac was sacked. Sacked because pound for pound the Fisher was lighter , more user friendly, not far off the depths the E trac would go, and over all , The F75 `s a pleasurable detector to swing for hours on end, where as the Explorer or E trac are labouriously heavy beasts.
I still own the F75 aniversary model !!!!and its my only detector.

So I think it really a case of people will try a detector and if they like it they will keep it, or if they don`t gel with it , It will go.
February 16, 2010 11:46PM
Never condemn improvements/advancements. It may not be implemented in the exact fashion that every single person would condone.