Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab explorer se vs cz-3d on depth and usage

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab explorer se vs cz-3d on depth and usage
April 03, 2014 09:20PM
I have a minelab explorer se and just purchased a 1021 fisher cz-3d. Could someone explain the pro's and con's of both metal detectors and the best places to use both. How do they compare in detection capabilities? What makes one better or worst depending on the location you are planning on detecting? Can they be used at the same location at the same time without interfering with each others performance. Thanks, Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2014 09:47PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
Re: Minelab se pro vs cz-3d on depth and usage
April 03, 2014 10:03PM
Mccrory, I typed a short paragraph to answer some of your questions, but I deleted it. You have two top of the line units... even though they are graying around the temples.
Your conclusions will be the ones that matter the most. There will be different opinions, likes and dislikes for every unit out there. Those machines are two I have in the toolbox along with a whacked out speed demon f-75.
My bases are covered, for now, and I have full confidence in all 3 units, even in myself, how about that.
Re: Minelab explorer se vs cz-3d on depth and usage
April 03, 2014 10:24PM
Ozzie covered that real well.....Explorer gives a lot of info and the noise cancel gives it the ability to handle many situations but its heavy and ill weighted and has a longer learning period and well some never get the hang of it...
CZ on the other hand is lighter and can be hipmounted to handle even large coils is user friendly and coil for coil size goes deeper but is easily masked in many areas.
These are generalizations of course but as far as I am concerned make a dynamic duo but of course its all up to you to get the best out of either.
Everyone knows I am a CZ nut but if they made a lighter Explorer series unit imagine I might have this dynamic duo.
Re: Minelab explorer se vs cz-3d on depth and usage
April 04, 2014 02:44AM
Yes the CZ is alot easier to learn than the Explorer, and the CZ in my opinion is better for old sites like parks as it will give a high tone for almost every US coin made, probably one of the best coin machines ever made, and loves Nickles!

The Explorer takes more time to learn but it REALLY loves silver, the tones are great, gos just as deep as the 3D, and is better balanced.

Aaron