Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

All is Lost

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: All is Lost
April 07, 2014 03:08PM
Doesn't sound like Keith put a lid on it, maybe sooner than later....

Aaron
April 08, 2014 04:34AM
Years ago when I lived in NC I buried a 3-lb cache of 220 silver quarters in a Betty Crocker icing tub in my back yard exactly 24" deep. Nothing I had would detect it, even in AM mode, including: Explorer, SD2200+18", T2, DFX, V3, TF900, Tejon, GTI2500+12", Gemini 3, TDI, Infinium, and a bunch of others. The T2 and V3 came closest, hitting a copy cache in an air test at 22-23". When I sold my house to move to Oregon I had a helluva time finding the cache and ending up digging up an area about 8'x12'.

While a group of coins don't give as strong a signal as an equivalent weight in solid chunk, they are stronger than a single coin.
April 08, 2014 12:14PM
Carl...... good data documentum. Thanks!
April 08, 2014 01:13PM
Thanks for that info Carl...

and yes I have too noticed that a pile of coins can be heard better than one coin..

I hear people state it's one coin at a time link in a chain it's one link at a time type scenario..

Yet it's not quite like that..And I belive that the more coin sized targets in a pile still create some sort of enhanced depth perception ability..

Yes I would of definitely dug it back up before moving..3 pounds of silver is well worth the effort...

Keith
April 09, 2014 02:32AM
Carl,

Should have gotten one of the dowsers that argue with to try and locate the cache.

Alan
April 10, 2014 02:48AM
Hey! Wait a minute are you trying to say dowsing is hogwash and it's not a real science like those locator rods?!
C'mon now! ; )

Aaron