Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab e-trac vs explorer se for depth and performance

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab e-trac vs explorer se for depth and performance
April 05, 2014 01:00AM
I have a minelab explorer se that I really enjoy using. How does the e-trac compare to the se in depth and all around performance?
Re: Minelab e-trac vs explorer se for depth and performance
April 05, 2014 01:24AM
I found the depth to be about the same on both machines, though I found the Etrac easier to work and the ergonomics and tones better on the explorer se.

Aaron
April 05, 2014 10:00AM
Pretty spot on Aaron. The Etrac really just reduced the learing curve, but lacks the same sweet tone on silver of the SE. It may recover a bit faster as well. So a lot depends on which machine you started out on.

Dew
April 05, 2014 02:46PM
Hey Dew, yes recovery time too was better on the Etrac, I forgot about that.

Now if they could only get those Explorer tones on the CTX...

Aaron
April 05, 2014 06:32PM
E-trac is better in modern trash and faster. The Explorer has small edge in Depth on coin's in open area's in my ground.
April 07, 2014 07:44PM
Has anyone tried any of the after market coils on the e-trac or se? Just wondering which ones you like best and why? Thanks
April 08, 2014 12:21AM
My large coil is the Ultimate 13. Small coil is tied right now between the 4.5 x 7 Excelerator and the Coiltech 6". The Coiltech is just a bit deeper and the 4.5 x 7 seems barely better at on edge coins and small targets but the differences are small.
April 08, 2014 09:44PM
All the SunRay coils work great on the Etrac / Explorer, especially the X-5 (my favorite) for trashy areas.

Aaron
April 08, 2014 09:54PM
1972 Ames round-point shovel.

5'x6' tarp.

Homemade sifting box.
April 08, 2014 09:58PM
That sifting box won't work to well in the clay...
April 08, 2014 10:14PM
My favorite E-trac coil is the Sunray X-8. Its a full 8'' as apposed to the 7.5'' of the Minelab 8'' coil. It is a lot lighter and all most as deep as the pro coil and a lot better in trash. This is my main coil for the E-trac.
April 09, 2014 03:21AM
Yes the x-8 was my 2nd favorite SunRay coil, great for moderate trash.
April 09, 2014 05:05PM
Exploer Xs is thew deepest of all the FBS machine to date...

Yet its the noisiest to run..

Im talking the real deepies..

try this...take an etrac run it screen wiode open with sens manual wide open...although the screen is wide open you will still get a null in the treshold ..these are the targets the etrac thinks is mineral...And most of it is but the processor can remove the good with the bad unfortunatly whent he targets are weak and mimic say hotrock's like most deep targets do in bad dirt......

the Explorer wide open screen full sens will make ringiy noises on the thios Nulls the Etrac is reporting...if one gets good with there ears they can tell a minerla flat ring to a silver or non ferrous DEEEP legitimate ring sound...

Sadly I have found the CTX nulls too like the Etrac on mineral...

what i mena by this the etrac and ctx when running even wide open pattern will still null the thresh at times by a drop out in it...
Go over the same ground with an Explorer set up open screen and you get alot of faint Ringing in place of that...

Keith

Keith
April 09, 2014 05:44PM
I didn't find much difference in depth between the two. But the Etrac was a lot easier to swing for longer periods of time. I tried the 13" Ultimate coil but found no increase depth, but the ground coverage was better. All in all I like the Etrac much better than the SE Pro.
Mark
April 09, 2014 06:15PM
Yes agreed mark. What I did notice w the Etrac was the quicker reactive time and really liked the Quick Mask, easier learn, may have been heavier not a big deal though.

I missed the silver worble of the Explorer though.

Aaron
April 09, 2014 06:23PM
Yes Aaron I forgot to mention those points.