Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Opinions needed:::::: Is a CZ as deep on coins as the E trac

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Opinions needed:::::: Is a CZ as deep on coins as the E trac
April 09, 2014 10:05AM
Just curious????????????????
Re: Opinions needed:::::: Is a CZ as deep on coins as the E trac
April 09, 2014 10:40AM
Not sure one will hit a deep coin the other wont. The problem i had with two CZs was at depth the id/tones were not there but then again i did not have hrs/years experenice with them either. I hunt with a guy that uses a --snap,crackle,pop machine (1265) -Just funning with you- that can tell a penny from a dime and a dime from a quarter He is good. He digs some junk as well but he has a lot of silver to his credit. Having said that the Etrac is know for iding deep coins.
Others with more experience will be along shortly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2014 11:02AM by Pac man.
April 09, 2014 11:15AM
Having both, I can tell you on just a pure depth comparison, in similar soil conditions, with similar coil size ( E-Trac Pro Coil, CZ 10.5), there is no noticeable difference. Where things change is ID at depth, where the E-Trac is better. The E-Trac is just better all around for IDing targets due to the CO/FE numbers. Gotta also remember, it's DD vs Concentric coil designs.

Thing is, with a CZ, there isn't much you need to do to get optimal performance. There aren't settings for recovery speed, tones, patterns, etc. Ground balance, set sensitivity just at the point of falsing, discriminate at 0 and your off. The CZ WILL Id deep coins as a low tone or a low/mid tone bounce in a lot of cases...but these are targets 10+ inches in depth.

One more thing...and E-Trac will be better for a person just starting out. CZ's, although very simple, effective units, are units that need to be hunted with for a lot of time before one begins to understand it's 'language' and get their ear trained into being able to know the difference between 'good' high tones and 'bad' ones, and learn to dig those faint, 10+ inch low tone or low/mid tone hits that although they can be deep iron, can also be deep silver. Not to say a new person cannot use one, and putting the settings at the preset markers is a great start, but that limits what a CZ can really do.
April 09, 2014 11:24AM
See i told you someone would be along.
And that therover61 knows what hes talking about.
April 09, 2014 12:56PM
Coil for coil CZ is as deep or deeper however E-trac sure gives a lot more info.Taking into consideration the unit in hand and the ability of the operator and the conditions hunted in lets call it a tie. I do know an 8inch stock coil will best a 8 inch E-trac coil depthwise however an E-trac has more larger coils and then the advantage would probably shift over to the E-trac...Well learned both are depth demons and believe me even the so called user friendly CZ has taken me years to be efficient with.
April 09, 2014 02:24PM
Thanks for all the input...
April 09, 2014 03:00PM
Both deep machines on old coins. Hunting for deep coins youll be fooled by iron alot more w iron w the CZ.

Biggest advantage IMO w Etrac over CZ is deep iron. With Etrac you can put it into Quick Mask for further analysis and have even better idea of what you digging. If its iron it will go to the extreme bottom or top right side. If its non Fe it will stay around the middle.

You can also hunt in TTF w a X5 for even better work in iron or trash.

Hope this helps

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2014 03:03PM by Aaron.
April 09, 2014 03:13PM
Manual sensitivity is paramount on the etrac for similiar/greater depth than a cz imo.
April 09, 2014 04:56PM
The FBS explorer and etrac is deepr than the CZ in overall depth..but when i.d.ing coins they both are pretty equal..

But the real depth on the Explorer will come from listening to the tones and not worrying about the I.D.

then you will see sopme DEEEEP targets come up that the cz can not hit unless it uses all metal mode..

The CZ's are deep for I.D. depth but their not the deepest dectors ..the Explorer is one of the deepest detectors on the market if you listen..

but for picking coins out of a yard or park the Cz is desgned for this with its max depth I.D. ability...but the FBS is no slouch at i.d. at dpeth but the tones will take you to more depth...but can you chase signal's like that in park?

Keith