Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D detector calibrated by Tom Dankowski on Ebay

Posted by earthmansurfer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D detector calibrated by Tom Dankowski on Ebay
April 21, 2014 10:09AM
Any of you guys put this up there? I don't see the calibration/verification sticker though.

[www.ebay.co.uk]

Wish it would have been offered here first. :-(

Albert
wjs
Re: CZ-3D detector calibrated by Tom Dankowski on Ebay
April 21, 2014 11:41AM
""""" It does have some warranty left. Sold as-is."""""

Had to smile at this statement.
April 21, 2014 12:34PM
You got me going there, with the eBay U.K link, turns out it's in Florida. They are almost unavailable over here, I can only remember seeing one in the past couple of years (Bruce "Blackadder's" one).
April 21, 2014 03:36PM
WJS - I wondered about that. This isn't a new CZ is it? (You can't tune those I think.) And there is no signed sticker as I said above.

Pimento - Yeah, it would be an expensive purchase for Europe, Shipping and on top of that you have to pay taxes.

I'd like to know what it hits a dime at, 11" on a quarter is to be expected I think.

Albert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2014 03:38PM by earthmansurfer.
April 21, 2014 06:36PM
A couple recent/current listings claiming Tom tuning. Both were newer El Paso units that failed to claim an air test value.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 21, 2014 09:42PM
Just because it doesn't have a sticker by Tom D. doesn't mean it hasn't been calibrated by him. I was told by Tom D. that he has only been putting stickers on these detectors he calibrates for the past few years now. Before that there were no stickers. I have a cz-3d 1021 series that I bought that will air test a half dime size coin at 12". I was told by the person that originally purchased my detector that it had been sent to Tom D. to be calibrated. Mine didn't have a sticker on it so I contacted Tom D. for more info. That's when Tom D. told me how long he had been putting stickers on the detectors. So there are cz-3d's out there that have no stickers but, have been calibrated by Tom D. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2014 10:42PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
April 22, 2014 04:46PM
Yes, that's correct. Tom didnt start putting his validation sticker on until a couple of years ago.

When he had did my 3D around 4yrs ago he didnt put one on then...

Aaron
April 22, 2014 04:59PM
Thanks for the replies.

I wonder if Tom knows this CZ as the guy says he is a friend of Tom.
Just strange that one - he says it gets over 11" on a Quarter (not dime) two - still has warranty and three - Doesn't show the serial number in any photos.

Is there any way to see if it is an older CZ just by how the faceplate looks, or perhaps something else?

Thanks,
Albert
April 22, 2014 08:34PM
Well....

He has the area right, Cocoa Beach. That is weird he uses a quarter instead of a dime.

Even if the warranty is still good wont matter, FTP doesn't transfer them.

You know, that stuff he's claims to have found, that would be a GREAT day on that beach as there's usually NOTHING to find unless there's a nice storm blowin in!

Aaron