Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Finally some fisher F19 solid Info on all metal mode

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Finally some fisher F19 solid Info on all metal mode
April 22, 2014 03:02AM
Looks like it has the true all metal mode..

and looks like it has gotten pretty tricky with a menu option for the added features

Cant wait to get my hands on the green camo one

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 03:06AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Finally some fisher F19 solid Info on all metal mode
April 22, 2014 03:28AM
Well with true all metal mode guess I will be getting one also. Thanks Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 03:34AM by Steve Herschbach.
April 22, 2014 03:41AM
It will be interesting to see what the "big number" display will be in the all metal mode. There's a bit of a trade-off there in the current model – it shows the ground phase which for Gold nugget hunting is kind of handy given the ground balancing method they use. You can see the big number in the middle and compare it to the setting in the right-hand corner and decide if you need to rebalance. On the other hand the ID function if you were in all metal only shows along the arc on the top. It will be interesting to see if they change that so that in all metal the ID function is in the big numbers in the middle.

Also in the current goldbug pro and G2 the all metal depth is way beyond the discrimination depth. It will be interesting to see if the discrimination depth performance has been improved in the new machine.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an early release of a revision to the F 75 which includes something new about iron identification – that seems to be the only area where their new developments are as yet unreflected on the F75 platform.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 03:42AM by lytle78.
April 22, 2014 03:54AM
Quite welcome Steve!

Im alwasy excited about any HF rig...

Lytle...the F75 needs a few advancements added..

1-ability to break the tone from low iron grunt to high tone by disc setting ..

2-expanded iron range disc.

3-ability to control the iron grunt volume...(You never want to silence iron tone when trying to unamask in it it but you also dont want to take an ear bashing from it for hours on end so a comfortable level is a welcome advancement... Anytime you leave the audio gate open a bit more unmasking will ensue on the tightly masked target's..)

4- ability to define how much filter/Silencer is brought to bare..(at least 3 setting's 0-1-2...zero being minimal signal filteration very bleedy on this setting) doubt that will happen though...

5- a tighter coil than we already have in the biaxial without depth sacrifice

Keith
April 22, 2014 07:54AM
So what's the "Ltd" bit about, then? Are the camo versions the ones with more features?
F19 LTD = camo colour, advanced features,
F19 = plain gold, with less features?

I've had another look at the F19 advert on one of the previous threads, showing the gold F19, and I can't see any obvious LCD difference, or button labels changed, compared to these camo ones...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 10:09PM by Pimento.
April 22, 2014 09:43AM
So how many tones are we talking about? Two?

And can I adjust the tone break to anywhere I want it or is confined between iron and conductive targets?

I hear good things about the coil, but isn't the size a little big for iron hunting?

To beat the XP series and Gold Bug the " iron" claim must be something. The weight appeals to me. If I could get a true iron hunter with reasonable depth for half the price of a Deus I would sure do it. But I need the unit to adjust to high tone at the coin numbers for it to be of value to me. I'm a coin shooter. Relics can stay in the ground as far as I'm concerned. I think Keith just spit out his drink!
April 22, 2014 09:53AM
Ha Ha Ha goodmore, I think he did too.
April 22, 2014 10:42AM
I have a question. I'm in the U.K, I often see you US guys saying things like "I need the unit to adjust to high tone at the coin numbers".
What exactly do you mean by "Coin numbers"? Don't nickels count in this? What about smaller silver coins, like half-dimes, trimes? Other older coins?
We have no such expression, as we have coins that read from foil up to silver-dollar.
April 22, 2014 10:43AM
The Adverts, that I have seen say it is avalable for a limited time, (LTD)
Placed my order but will not be released until mid- June
Looks like there is a 5" and 11" coil available also.
Tom in SC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 11:18AM by tmanly.
April 22, 2014 11:19AM
Pimento,

You raise a valid point. Sometimes however, guys go out for a quick clad hunt, because they don't have much time but still want to swing for an hour or so, and don't want to get bogged down digging trash. So the ability to adjust at the upper level, and hit clad dimes, quarters, copper and silver, can be helpful.

The F19 looks interesting though.
April 22, 2014 12:11PM
How about my wish list, tones on the true all metal side. I have the Eurotek Pro and love the iron audio adjustment. But after what you told me yesterday, the tones in the all metal mode is a lot harder to accomplish than just an adjustment.
I'm betting the higher frequency will do better in areas of EMI, where my LTD suffers badly.

Let us know when you get your hands on one.
April 22, 2014 09:32PM
I eventually get around to the nickels. But then I'm after gold coins and rings. We have old houses here in PA. Not as old as England, but for the States we do. Some of those old houses have some very nice lawns. As a coin shooter I need to get through and around the iron. And most important I need accurate target information. I try to make every hole count. The CTX is great at target ID. Maybe the best out there. But best iron hunter and the weight of the detector are serious temptations. Setting the tone break would be a clincher.
April 22, 2014 10:01PM
Thanks for the explanation, TheRover. So it's things that ID above zinc-clad cents, are "coin numbers", things that get the high-tone.
Things are quite different over here, we do have older silver coins similar to your US ones, but the more recent 50% silver ones are the most likely to be found, and they ID noticeably lower than the 92.5% versions. And we have no less than 9 different cupro-nickel "nickel" coins (since the 1940's), versus your 1 common type, and two(?) rare ones.
April 22, 2014 10:03PM
For $200 less you can just get a Gold Bug Pro/DP (same machine minus the iron vol control, back light, and notch feature).

Not wasting my $$ on one until they add a BP (or the like) and preferably multi-freq. of some type too...
April 22, 2014 10:12PM
Maybe this LTD one has multi-tone operation? I certainly can't find any physical difference to the standard one.
April 23, 2014 12:05AM
Keith, I really think that pink model would be the one you want! Its hotter than the camo version!! LOL.
I wonder how well it will do against the XP's?
Maybe that's why it was rolled out in Europe first, to see how it compares?
April 23, 2014 02:46AM
Yeah I don't think it is much of an upgrade from the G2 iron tone vol is nice but by now I'm use to it need something really different something really new not done before. By the time we find a machine like that I'll be six feet under and someone will find me with the newest machine a bone digger

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2014 03:31PM by Lawrenzo.
April 23, 2014 01:45PM
I'm going to speculate 3 tones. iron, adjustible notch range VCO, and high tone. It could be built off the Europro coding since it is a similar setup with Fetone.
Also, in the image, the notch starts at end of iron and ends at start of zinc. this is exactly where the default Euro Pro VCO range lands (numbers adjusted for fisher platform). I bet it can go lower in iron and higher up to copper range as well as narrower.

I believe the LTD model is just camo. No difference in detector.

goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So how many tones are we talking about? Two?
>
> And can I adjust the tone break to anywhere I want
> it or is confined between iron and conductive
> targets?
>
> I hear good things about the coil, but isn't the
> size a little big for iron hunting?
>
> To beat the XP series and Gold Bug the " iron"
> claim must be something. The weight appeals to me.
> If I could get a true iron hunter with reasonable
> depth for half the price of a Deus I would sure do
> it. But I need the unit to adjust to high tone at
> the coin numbers for it to be of value to me. I'm
> a coin shooter. Relics can stay in the ground as
> far as I'm concerned. I think Keith just spit out
> his drink!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2014 01:49PM by detectingMO.
wjs
April 23, 2014 09:31PM
On the G2 zinc pennies are around 78 and nickels are usually at 58. So you are thinking the ID numbers may not be the same as the G2 then. Also I was hoping the notch was not just a window that can be moved around to vary the tones but a window that I could eliminate certain targets. Say for example I wanted to reject from 60-75 I could setup a 15 digit notch and then move it to cover that area. I sure hope thats what it is otherwise I may just stick with the G2.
April 23, 2014 10:19PM
Sounds pretty interesting so far Keith, I wonder how it will do in iron compared to the LTD?

I wasn't to crazy about the camo on the old LTD and don't care for it on this new one either, especially the pink(?) one!

Aaron
April 24, 2014 03:37AM
Its suposed to have a better iron disc circuit..

is that just the ability to turn the iron tone volume down or have the revamped the filters?

Keith
April 24, 2014 04:42AM
I wish they would show screen shots of the menu items.
April 24, 2014 08:28AM
I can't understand that they had it on display at a expo in Germany and there is adverts printed but yet nothing on the website.

If been on display why can't they release any of the menu details.

If it has better depth than the goldbug then I think they are onto a winner as far as this generation of detectors are concerned.....the goldbug pro is probably the best detector around iron I've ever used here in the UK, blistering recovery and once the battery mod has been done it last for bloody ages.

I think they should be looking at next gen ways of detecting, this it not going to be leaps and bounds ahead of anything out there at the moment I feel... Just another sales boost with people wanting the latest gear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 08:30AM by Ziggy.
April 28, 2014 05:37PM
Ziggy - what is the battery mod you referred to on the GBP.
April 28, 2014 09:50PM
If your familiar with Garysdetecting in the UK.... Look under his fisher section, pics and help on how to convert there.... When I used his goldbug that was modded to AA's it lasted the whole length I did my review on it.

He's not on for a few weeks at the mo so not sure if unregistered folk will be able to view.

He likes people to contribute and get involved so people that don't post will be removed unless state a reason for absence posts.

Had an open forum to start with but so many trolls started turning the forum into a slag fest and constant flaming others.

Ever since he has ran the forum this way it has become one of if not the most respected UK forums with a great vibe.
April 28, 2014 10:50PM
I joined Garys forum last year...

But got my account got deactivated and he never answered my email when I asked him why?

I had posted a few times..So still not sure why?It happened on the first month of joining..

I was hoping to talk to some of the U.K guys about iron hunting once I got familiar with the site...

Oh well weird..

No big deal though..

On the battery mod theres a guy in the U.K. Pentech maybe that does the mods for 9 volt tesoros...he adds a box under the armrest for 6 AA's...

maybe the same thing?

Keith
April 29, 2014 01:00AM
I remember you joining Keith and was happy to see you pop over..... Concerning the mod it might of been Dave from pentecnics that did the conversion or might of been gaz himself.

When I go on the forum later I will find out the mods details.... Far as recall it wasn't that hard to do if I read right and defiantly worth doing, think you will be saying good bye to the warranty though.

Really did bond with the goldbug pro.... Rapid recovery and amazing around iron... As a lot have said just maybe could do with a tad more punch.

But how I've allways seen it.... faster recovery speed less depth.... More depth slower recovery speed.

Maybe not true to the bone but some of the deepest known machines are damn lazy around iron.

That's why I went for a vista smart, king of nothing but a jack of all trades.

Anyway carry on and sorry for moving off topic.
April 29, 2014 01:24AM
Hey Ziggy see if you can get the info...

would be interested to see it...

I hear theres a guy hear in the state's who is boosting them(G2/Gcool smiley for more punch/power...maybe the platform is mod friendly?

Keith
May 02, 2014 05:40PM
Looks like Big Boys has some F-19 Info

[www.bigboyshobbies.net]
May 03, 2014 12:38AM
tmanly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Adverts, that I have seen say it is avalable
> for a limited time, (LTD)
> Placed my order but will not be released until
> mid- June
> Looks like there is a 5" and 11" coil available
> also.
> Tom in SC
What about a big coil? FT should offer a 13" & 15" coil.