Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FOR SALE. (I've been prompted by someone)

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FOR SALE. (I've been prompted by someone)
February 17, 2010 01:57AM
Going through some of my inventory, I have found a detector that I'm (somewhat) willing to sell. It's a prototype. A one-off. 1266-X Magnum w/10.5" coil. Operates very much like general purpose 1266-X's except a few special differences. It's the worlds deepest 1266-X.....and by quite a bit. Detects a round pull-tab at 21" in dry sand. (Mans gold wedding band @22"). I recommend this unit ONLY be utilized in open-field relic hunting applications.......and jewelry hunting in dry sand. On/off switch is a toggle switch on the back of this unit.........unlike standard 1266-X's. Requires the standard 8 AA's like a standard 1266-X.....AND ALSO requires 2 9V's in the back of the control box (((part of the reason for the extreme depth capabilities))). Nearly an absolute necessity to have a standard full-length (5-foot) shovel. There are some other features I'll reserve comment.

You REALLY should be a EXPERIENCED detectorist for this one. It's a 'teacher'! Eye-opener.

$1245.00 (for a reason!) and it's yours. I'll pay shipping. SEND ME A PM!

Tom
Re: FOR SALE. (I've been prompted by someone)
February 17, 2010 04:58PM
22" gold rings...this isn't an early April fools joke is it?

Sometimes I wish I had Bill Gates debit card...geesh.
February 17, 2010 07:12PM
PM'd you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2010 02:27AM by PanMan.
February 17, 2010 07:52PM
Well, I dont have that kind of money for another detector at the moment...But if I did, I would have jumped at the chance to try to purchase it...

I do however,have a 1265x sitting here that would just love to be hot-rodded like that!...Got any xtra prints/schematics/build sheet for that modification/conversion/upgrade for-sale????
February 18, 2010 02:39AM
Whats the air test/dime? Gotta know!!!
February 18, 2010 11:18AM
How about a CZ 3D Magnum proto-type? I will even donate my Mexican 3D for the R&D...how about it Tom?
We could only dream...
Shoot..I would donate one of my CZ6a's for that project !
February 18, 2010 07:25PM
A magnum CZ3D...what would that be like ?
February 18, 2010 09:21PM
would be cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2010 09:22PM by PanMan.
February 18, 2010 09:37PM
Unit SOLD.

U.S. Clad dime...........approx 17.5". (Actually a fair amount more.....but good headphones AND EARS needed).
February 19, 2010 01:04AM
Tom, would there be a way to make a detector that works differently, like a probe you stick down like 2 feet...signals would go outward and return the same...on top is a "compass style" box on top that shows you direction and depth of object...good for caches...etc...is that possible to create a 2' "probe type coil" thats strong enough to shove in dirt? I know this forum is for intelligent comments, and this mightbe far from it, but was just wondering.
February 19, 2010 03:07AM
Yes, this would be 'somewhat' possible.......but in a limited capacity. The hang-up would be the 'effectiveness' of it. Stabbing a probe 2-feet into the ground .... every couple of feet apart... would be laborious.
February 19, 2010 11:43PM
Was thinking more of a deep seeking tool as a cache hunting secondary tool.
Could also be usewd to look directly under almost any tree or many other types of natural and/or man-made above ground objects.
If you can control how much of the "spike" or "coil" is utilized, in which the transmition would start at the tip and you can work it so it gets any depth as user controls how far up the spike/coil you want your transmition set for, that way can avoid nails and rebar and other objects that might be towards the surface.
Actually it's something I could imagine JW Fisher's creating, for land and water, with their hefty, but well deserved/earned price tag.
Sorry, just thinking.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2010 12:18AM by PanMan.
February 20, 2010 03:03AM
Brain-storming is NEVER a problem.