Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best Coin machine in iron

Posted by fsdigital12 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Best Coin machine in iron
May 01, 2014 12:41PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith,
>
> One tone - in discriminate or AM. My testing with
> "dummy" set ups on the surface seem to clearly
> show my GBP clearly better at separation and
> penetrating masking than my F-75 LTD. I Will try
> more tests 1 tone.

The GBP did almost as well as the Deus in the masking experiments we did in Tennessee a month ago.
May 01, 2014 01:26PM
Arthur-Canada Wrote:
> lytle78 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Keith,
> >
> > One tone - in discriminate or AM. My testing
> with
> > "dummy" set ups on the surface seem to clearly
> > show my GBP clearly better at separation and
> > penetrating masking than my F-75 LTD. I Will
> try
> > more tests 1 tone.
>
> The GBP did almost as well as the Deus in the
> masking experiments we did in Tennessee a month
> ago.

That's excatly why I got the GBP, an "almost" deus for half the price. and no need to worry about internal recharegable batteries or breaking a $500 coil

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2014 01:28PM by fsdigital12.
May 01, 2014 01:40PM
Keith, I'll try one tone JE mode. I assume you mean in Discriminate, do you set the Discrim level to "0".

I love the new vocabulary you are building for detecting:

Reactivity
Bleed/Bleedy
Blend/Blendy/Blendable
Sparky
Talkative
Nuanced

On the other hand, NASA Tom seems to have exhausted language as a means of communicating what some detectors are doing! LOL

"The communication skills (audio reporting system) of this XP GMP are exceptionally good......... as many different data-points are riding within the audio carrier. You can extrapolate multiple data-points (signatures).......... individually....... from a single target................. all within the one tone produced. (((This is very difficult to explain.... in words))). "

I made my living with words for many years, in a couple of languages, and it is fascinating to "hear" you guys grappling with describing a collection of auditory experiences.

Now I have to go and watch about 10 of your videos to try and find examples of the phenomena you are describing!!

Till we all go deaf!!
May 01, 2014 07:50PM
Hey lytle

set it to reject a nail unless you can watch a meter real well...6 should work for the nail test..

Hey I cant take credit for reactivity thats pure XP! but I find that its a very clever word for what it relates ...

But hey I can take credit for Site Unlocker,,,,, LOL!!

Back to the jewelry mode...that mode is really really on the hyper gain for sure and I would think its as hot on small gold almost as the GBP/G2....

thats the thing about the first texas machines they are built on hyper gain platforms...Even the Omega on 7.8khz is Hyper gain...thats the only machine I know of on earth that runs on such a low freq but is coupled up to a platfrom that makes it seem like its got a high freq reactivity....

take the DEUS put it on 18khz and you can run the reactivity high and it likes it..

Put it on 8 khz and run the Reactivity high and it does not like it...

It acts like it should in theory.....

But the omega does not act like it should on 7.8khz...its a very unique machine to keep on hand...for the plain fact its hyper reactivity coupled to a silver loving freq....

get your head around this idea and I think you can see the usefullness of it...

The Eurotek is on the same freq as the Omega yet its not on the Hyper gain platform...youll notice between those two that some on edge and intermingled items will still be up to the Omega to find Vs the Eurotek...yet the Omega can be EMI prone so trade off's....I would like to see the Omega have variable tone break....mayeb the Omega Pro and add boost also.

I hear the newer field testing Fisher flagship series is running real quite a full gain...wonder if its on the hyper platform...

I really appreciate the hyper platform as long as its emi or close to emi free...I like sparky when running but intelligent spark !

Oh by the way my word that descibes what I think Toms excellent paragraph is describing is...Tonal Blendability...LOL!!!

Keith

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2014 09:03PM by Keith Southern.
May 01, 2014 08:15PM
Hi All, Has anyone used a Minelab Safari in iron? I have one on the way will be here first of the week, and was told it was good in iron if used slow. I hope i made a good choice. I have never used a Minelab before. If it is good let me know if not let me know and i will cry. Thanks Flintstone
May 01, 2014 09:41PM
Keith- "But hey I can take credit for Site Unlocker,,,,, LOL!!"

I've never heard that before, yes Keith, you sure can!

Aaron
May 01, 2014 10:07PM
Flintstone Wrote:
> Hi All, Has anyone used a Minelab Safari in iron?
> I have one on the way will be here first of the
> week, and was told it was good in iron if used
> slow. I hope i made a good choice. I have never
> used a Minelab before. If it is good let me know
> if not let me know and i will cry. Thanks
> Flintstone

In iron you need a smaller coil like a 4.5x7 excellarator coil or a 5" sunray coil. Your in for a change on the tones it sounds like a flute on targets. Their a good machine if you take the time and learn it.
May 01, 2014 10:11PM
I'm sure Dave Johnson added a few terms to our lexicon. Right now the only ones that immediately come to mind are "hots" to denote high output detectors and "singlefreakers" and "multifreakers" to describe single frequency and multifrequency detectors.
June 27, 2014 03:27AM
I liked the Troy X-5 and the Deus.
June 27, 2014 07:40AM
The deeptech vista smart is great around iron, put the small 8x6 on and it's an even greater sniffer of non ferrous.
June 27, 2014 10:19PM
I found a Flying Eagle cent with the Deus at an old house site that I just hunted the crap out of. It is my favorite find because I dug a signal that was barely there. The yard was infested with iron. The target ID numbers were being pulled down and I still found that coin with the Deus. It is one of the few times in my life when I wanted to pat my detector and say good job. I really don't know if any other detector out there would have found it. So when someone mentions Deus I think about that find right away.
June 29, 2014 02:23AM
goodmore = Good/correct thought-process.
June 29, 2014 10:25AM
A cheap Tesoro Compadre does great in iron infested areas , but is limited on depth.