Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Still for Sale Cz-3d calibrated by Tom D. Sold! Thanks

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Still for Sale Cz-3d calibrated by Tom D. Sold! Thanks
May 04, 2014 05:11PM
Hello guys, I still have a cz-3d calibrated by Tom D. with 8" and 10.5" coils. Paid $850 asking $700 or reasonable offer. Got it few months ago. Never used it. If I don't get any offers soon will sell on e-bay. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2014 05:27PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
Re: Still for Sale Cz-3d calibrated by Tom D.
May 05, 2014 02:28PM
Before going to Fee-Bay and losing a ton of $$ on fees

you may wanna try selling it over here >> [forum.treasureclassifieds.com]

also - you'll most likely do better splitting the package up (sell the machine with stock coil) and sell the 10.5 separately as not too many guys are willing to pay $700 for a CZ these days on the used market even if it's basically new.
May 05, 2014 08:22PM
The Bay is a good sellers market and a poor buyers market and certainly your call as a few free detector classifieds available with no fees. Remember good pictures are a plus and good selling point.
Reading your post don't know if you bought new or used so the more accurate info given is also a plus. Good luck selling and thanks for giving forum member first choice...
Indeed splitting up package is an option and probably a good one...
May 06, 2014 11:17PM
I may be interested in the 10.5" coil depending on what you want for it, if you would even consider selling it separately....
May 07, 2014 04:58AM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello guys, I still have a cz-3d calibrated by
> Tom D. with 8" and 10.5" coils. Paid $850 asking
> $700 or reasonable offer. Got it few months ago.
> Never used it. If I don't get any offers soon will
> sell on e-bay. Thanks

kinda think ya need to drop the money!..may work!
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 09, 2014 09:33PM
Hello, Here what I don't get. You go buy a new cz-3d and the regular cost is $950. They put them on sell for $807. You pay Tom D. $100 to recalibrate them. You buy a new 10.5" coil for $120 to go with it. So lets figure this up. $807+$100+$120=$1027. I turn around and get this great deal for $850. That's $177 off what you would normally pay. I'm asking $700. That's $327 below what you would pay if you ordered a new one from a dealer. This cz-3d is in like new condition. Doesn't have 3 hours of use on it. Has already been sent to Tom D. to be calibrated and is ready to go. Then I hear guys on here say you need to lower your price. What I can't understand is, if the cz-3d is as great of a metal detector for going really deep on coins and people are always talking about how great they are why when one comes up for sale do people think you should sell them for half price or even less? I'm not mad. Just wondering why people think that. Thanks
May 09, 2014 10:03PM
Simply put when I drove my new Ford fusion off the lot God knows how much I devalued it if I was to sell it two months later...also keep in mind your unit came with a warranty and the person buying it has no warranty....personally I feel its a good price and have no dog in the race but you asked and I answered to the best of my knowledge buying and selling.
May 09, 2014 10:29PM
Well most people want a bargain, CZ'S are great machines but their cost new are ridiculous for the older technology they consist of. Most will opt to buy the newer technology on the market that have more bells and whistles and with the offering of more accessory coils and aftermarket coils like DD'S which seem to handle iron and minerals better. The CZ'S have a cult following but some of them are moving on to newer technology. The 1021 serial number CZ'S are the sought after ones that bring the big bucks they are a little deeper. Also another problem is the weight and balance of the CZ'S which is not that great. Just my two cents.
May 10, 2014 02:55AM
You can buy nice Tom tuned CZ3d's on eBay all day for $450 to $525 (avg.)

$575 to $675 for the 1021 serial number machines (avg.)

say you go to ebay and get a new/er cz3d like yours (not 1021 serial #) for $480 winning bid - you then get the 10" coil on another auction for maybe $80 = that's $560 for the same thing you're trying to sell for $700

the problem you're having here is - this is a fairly small/er forum of regulars who've been doing this for 25 & 30 yrs or more for the most part and anyone here that likes CZ's already has one

A lot of guys here have 2 and 3 or more CZ's

Can I ask why you want to sell it??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2014 10:00AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Still for Sale Cz-3d calibrated by Tom D. Sold it!
May 10, 2014 04:55PM
Hello, I just went to e-bay and went to the completed section. There were 6 cz-3d,s calibrated by Tom D. 1121 series. Average price was $591. The average for a cz-3d 1021 was $652. I didn't see one 10.5" coil for $80. Of all the 1121 series cz's there was only one that sold for around $480 and it wasn't in like new condition. Lets say you were lucky enough to get a 1121 cz-3d for $480 and you could find a 10.5" coil for $80 you would then need to send it to Tom D. to have it calibrated. That's another $100. So now you are at $660. I would say that's close enough to $700. I would consider a $660 offer. Look guys I'm not trying to get in a pricing debate with you because I know you guys know your stuff and I am learning a lot from all of you. I am not a expert when it comes to metal detecting but, I am not a newbie. I have been metal detecting for 40 years and have used a lot of different detectors over the years and have found thousands of coins. Even gold coins. You can say I'm a user of many detectors but, a master of none. I am also a authorized dealer for Garrett detectors. I have sold Fisher, Tesoro, Whites and Detector pro in the past. I truly appreciate all of you and welcome you advice and opinions. The only reason I am trying to sell this detector is I didn't know when I bought it that 2 cz user couldn't hunt within 120' of each other. I use a cz-3d and this one was for my girlfriend to use. I will probably just try to sell the cz-3d out of my Jewelry shop. Thanks guys for all your help. McCrory Sold it! Got what I wanted. Thanks guys. 5-10-2014

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2014 06:57PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
Re: Still for Sale Cz-3d calibrated by Tom D. Sold it!
May 11, 2014 03:31AM
Bottom line, new CZ3Ds are not going to go for as much as a #1021, even if Tom touched it.
The old Los Banos machines are where it's at.

Aaron
May 11, 2014 07:49AM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
> Hello, Here what I don't get. You go buy a new
> cz-3d and the regular cost is $950. They put them
> on sell for $807. You pay Tom D. $100 to
> recalibrate them. You buy a new 10.5" coil for
> $120 to go with it. So lets figure this up.
> $807+$100+$120=$1027. I turn around and get this
> great deal for $850. That's $177 off what you
> would normally pay. I'm asking $700. That's $327
> below what you would pay if you ordered a new one
> from a dealer. This cz-3d is in like new
> condition. Doesn't have 3 hours of use on it. Has
> already been sent to Tom D. to be calibrated and
> is ready to go. Then I hear guys on here say you
> need to lower your price. What I can't understand
> is, if the cz-3d is as great of a metal detector
> for going really deep on coins and people are
> always talking about how great they are why when
> one comes up for sale do people think you should
> sell them for half price or even less? I'm not
> mad. Just wondering why people think that. Thanks

believe it or not,it is because it is a "first texas" detector,and NOT a
los banos 1021 serial number...!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 11, 2014 07:52AM
88junior Wrote:
> Well most people want a bargain, CZ'S are great
> machines but their cost new are ridiculous for the
> older technology they consist of. Most will opt to
> buy the newer technology on the market that have
> more bells and whistles and with the offering of
> more accessory coils and aftermarket coils like
> DD'S which seem to handle iron and minerals
> better. The CZ'S have a cult following but some of
> them are moving on to newer technology. The 1021
> serial number CZ'S are the sought after ones that
> bring the big bucks they are a little deeper. Also
> another problem is the weight and balance of the
> CZ'S which is not that great. Just my two cents.

as mentioned,weight and balance is also a factor,however,you CAN hip mount a cz-3d,
and if you can get used to that configuration,you will have a very light weight rod and coil.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 11, 2014 10:02AM
Don't see it mentioned yet, but the feeling is that a new Multi Frequency (CZ) is in the works. Believe they even had an F75 like CZ in a video months back.
Personally, I am waiting for that and others must be as well - that is probably lowering demand. I mean I actually see CZ's (not 1021's) sitting for weeks for sale...

Albert
May 11, 2014 01:19PM
Albert CZ's already have a multi frequency as they always have been dual 5-15 dual frequency...As I understand the profit margin on CZ's is low and they are concentrating on improving their F units so feel the idea od a new CZ is dead. Of course would be nice to see a new improved one so guess we will just have to wait. I certainly understand the original poster(seller) concerns and again feel its a fair price and indeed more than one way to sell the unit...
May 11, 2014 02:13PM
Guys---he's sold it:
Quote:"Thanks guys for all your help. McCrory Sold it! Got what I wanted."

[Might be an idea to edit the thread title..]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2014 02:15PM by Pimento.
May 11, 2014 03:04PM
You spent too much and are selling too high you may find someone but that detector is old things have changed a lot over the years I had one for about three years loved it but The F75 trumps is. Great for beach hunting very slow in iron and not a good relic hunter

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 11, 2014 07:01PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Albert CZ's already have a multi frequency as they
> always have been dual 5-15 dual frequency...As I
> understand the profit margin on CZ's is low and
> they are concentrating on improving their F units
> so feel the idea od a new CZ is dead. Of course
> would be nice to see a new improved one so guess
> we will just have to wait. I certainly understand
> the original poster(seller) concerns and again
> feel its a fair price and indeed more than one way
> to sell the unit...

I understand all that but there was what was proported to be a mutli frequency T2 like detector in a video, like a year back.
Now, they can call it what they want, CZ or not, but if they come out with a multi frequency unit with Dave behind it, look out...
I would think they could find a way to make it affordable and profitable like with their current line.

Albert
May 12, 2014 01:46AM
I saw an episode of "Dig Wars" where Mike Scott of First Texas had a prototype multi frequency chrome plated T2/F75. Just showed it in a frame or two, looked like a teaser of things to come. So, I'm sure something is going on in the skunk works at FTP.

>
> I understand all that but there was what was
> proported to be a mutli frequency T2 like detector
> in a video, like a year back.
> Now, they can call it what they want, CZ or not,
> but if they come out with a multi frequency unit
> with Dave behind it, look out...
> I would think they could find a way to make it
> affordable and profitable like with their current
> line.
>
> Albert

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2014 01:52AM by Hombre.
May 12, 2014 09:12AM
Hombre Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> I saw an episode of "Dig Wars" where Mike Scott of
> First Texas had a prototype multi frequency chrome
> plated T2/F75. Just showed it in a frame or two,
> looked like a teaser of things to come. So, I'm
> sure something is going on in the skunk works at
> FTP.
>
> ...
> >
> > I understand all that but there was what was
> > proported to be a mutli frequency T2 like
> detector
> > in a video, like a year back.
> > Now, they can call it what they want, CZ or
> not,
> > but if they come out with a multi frequency
> unit
> > with Dave behind it, look out...
> > I would think they could find a way to make it
> > affordable and profitable like with their
> current
> > line.
> >
> > Albert

Yes, this is what I was talking about Hombre!