Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT Pro questions, and CZ-3D (1021)

Posted by fisher cz-3d 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT Pro questions, and CZ-3D (1021)
May 09, 2014 12:08PM
How good is the AT Pro? Who has the best prices if I buy one? What are the coil sizes? Is the NEL coil a decent coil for the AT Pro?
For the CZ-3D (1021) does anyone make a larger coil than the 10.5? Comparing the two what are the differences? I have the 1021, I'm undecided on getting the At Pro. Thank You guys. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2014 12:10PM by fisher cz-3d.
Re: AT Pro questions, and CZ-3D (1021)
May 09, 2014 04:31PM
There is a ton of info out there regarding your questions already answered by people more qualified than me but since there are no replies, I'll give it shot. The AT Pro is a very good detector. I have had a couple in the past and they do well in the places I hunt, parks and beach. At Pro works great at the beach in the dry sand. It was terrible in the wet sand though in my area. I used the AT Pro in pro mode with no disc ignoring the screen completely and have had good results. The 5x8 coil is very good at trash separation and has decent depth. I also used the NEL hunter briefly before I sold the detector and it was stable and worked well. I did not test it enough to truly see what depths it was actually capable of over the stock 8.5x11. You can see the other Garrett coil size options at their website. NEL also has several sizes to choose from and can be found at the Colonial Detectors site. The best prices can usually be found on the used market but for just a little more, you can get a new one which will have the 2 year warranty. It is always a roll of the dice when you buy used unless you know the seller and even then you will find that "good condition" is a relative term based on ones perception. I have had good luck with Ed at TM which is where I purchased my first one new. Call around to different vendors for the best price. As far as "how good is it?" goes, I think you might have to judge that for yourself and your preferences. I feel the AT Pro is very good; but then again i think my Compadre and CTX are good as well. I just hated the whole headphone setup and it is the main reason I got rid of the ones I had.
For the CZ, Sunray made the FZ-12 coil for a brief period quite a while ago which is the only larger coil that I know of. They are fairly hard to find and I am actually still looking to buy one if I can ever find one in the right price range. The last one I inquired about turned out to be close to the $300 dollar range which is about 140 bucks above what I want pay.
Differences between the 2. CZ can be a depth monster comparatively and has very good ID capability provided it has been tuned properly. It will also work good on the wet sand. The ATP has pretty fast recovery and is very fun to use in a trashy environment with the 5x8 coil. It is also waterproof for hunting in the rain or whatever (standard headphones that come with it are not waterproof).

I think you can be the only judge as to whether detectors are "good". I personally do tons of research on detectors and if one catches my eye, I'll buy one used. If it doesn't fit with me, I sell it off. After hundreds of hours of research and reading through the forums, actually using the detector in person is the only method I trust. I have been through about 50 detectors and usually have about 15-20 in my arsenal at any given time and those are always changing. I enjoy the hobby. Good luck with your decision.
May 09, 2014 06:04PM
devilpookie------I'm curious---what detectors are you currently using?
May 09, 2014 07:34PM
This morning was a SovGT/WOT coil at the beach. This afternoon will be Golden Sabre 2 and Shadow X5 at the park after work. Tomorrow will be the etrac with that new 4.5x7 coil. Thanks Del.
wjs
May 09, 2014 08:46PM
Check with John at JMTMetaldetectors.com for a good price.
May 09, 2014 09:57PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> devilpookie------I'm curious---what detectors are
> you currently using?

Using...I thought you just ....hang them on the walll.....and turn them all on for all the lights and sounds..............no wonder mine don't find anything!
May 09, 2014 11:16PM
How good is the AT-PRO at????I suppose your after coin's???If so the AT-PRO will not be quite as deep as the CZ but at the same time the AT PRO will hear coins in iron that the CZ CANT hear...

Actually if you like to use I.D. the AT has one of the best co-locate I.D.s made in my opinion..say a dime in a bunch of nails.. the dime will read pretty dang close to the dime I.D.

Some people will sell them cheaper than you can buy a used one for...but not give freebies...some will throw in a items etc...dont pay over 595.00 though..you can usually get a new one cheaper than you can buy a used one off EBAY...

quite a few coils available now...

Stock coil very good all arounder..

the 5x8 is a must have for trash..theres also some elliptical concentrics and a small sharpshooter 4 inch...I was not impressed with the concentrics on the machine...stay with the 5x8 for your small coil...

The NEL coils will be built well.. and heres a classic example of its the only larger coil made so theres really no option to choose if you require a bigger coil...

the AT PRO can be sneaky deep at times it will fool you and it really comes alive with ground bal offset say VS the CZ ground bal offset performance..

yet it will not be as deep as the CZ say on a dime at 11 inches...it MAY or MAYNOT hear it but it probably wont be as accurate..even though it has an accurate I.D.at depth it wont be as accurate as the CZ I.D. as long as its isolated.. intermingled targets and things lean back to the AT..

Horses for courses...

Oh yeah theres was a sunray 12 for the CZ years back but they were discontinued...you can find them used but will cost more than the machine...maybe 450.00 or so now-a-day's? and Im not an CZ expert by no means but I found the 10.5" to be no deeper than the 8" when I tried it ..I had the 12" but no machine to put it on...sold it when the prices went bezerk on them...

Keith
May 10, 2014 01:38AM
Been running my CZ6a's since the mid 90's. I have all 4 coils.

90% of the time, whether beach hunting or land hunting, I use the 8 inch coil.

In my opinion, that coil is the perfect coil for that machine.

I consider the other coils more specialty coils, but for some reason, the 8 inch coil on the 6a's and CZ20 I have are the best for me.

As far as the Sunray FZ12...good coil, but on some targets, the tone/meter ID is off compared to the 8 and 10.5 inch coils. Gets maybe about an inch more depth than the 10.5, pin points more accurately due to the design as opposed to the 10.5, and has more coverage/wider foot print in all metal mode.

In all honesty, the 10.5 inch Fisher coil is all you need as a second, larger coil unless you are hell bent on getting an FZ12.

Now....if NEL builds a 15 inch coil for a CZ....WATCH OUT !!! HA ! I don't think it will ever happen though.
May 10, 2014 02:12AM
If you hunt fairly high iron nail content sites most of the time........... get the AT Pro.
Otherwise, stick with your CZ.
May 11, 2014 03:47AM
I've had a ATPro, and have a 3D.

I'll never sell my 3D, as it is my favorite coin machine, though it loves deep iron and rusty stuff.

I liked the ATPro, and it's great in iron, I just like the XP machines and LTD a lot better, that's why I dumped it and I wasn't that crazy about it as a water machine.

Aaron