Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

(Free to good home)Anyone In California that collects 19th century Whiskey bottles

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I have a 1960's paperback private printing book on 350 different bottles and their values...(FROM CALIFORNIA)

even has a old newspaper clipping in it being used as a bookmark and the clipping is about bottles also..

Its free for the taking for someone who can appreciate it for what it is...

Again dont take it just to take it but if you really think it would be of use to you its yours..

its written on so its not a pristine copy..but its a info copy..

I should stress this book just deals with California bottles....so if you collect California or hunt california or both then this book may be a useful tool to I.D. or dream about bottles you have or hope to obtain from California...
Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 09:22PM by Keith Southern.
Re: (Free to good home)Anyone In California that collects 19th century Whiskey bottles
May 20, 2014 09:07PM
Nice goin Keith, I like old bottles and have a few I've found while hunting but I don't deserve it.

Aaron
Keith, I don't want to speak for him, but, Deathray is in Cali, and is a big bottle guy. Might want to ask him, or, maybe he'll chime in winking smiley BTW, very nice of you to be repurposing some of your collection...kudos to you!

Joe
I did not Know Deathray Like's bottles...Hopefully He will see it and like to have it..

thanks for the info..

Keith
Re: (Free to good home)Anyone In California that collects 19th century Whiskey bottles
May 21, 2014 12:26AM
He hasn't been around...probably up on a roof bustin his but.....busy season for him....my guess.
May 21, 2014 02:41AM
Very nice of you to offer these books Keith. I am sure someone will enjoy them.
Hey Keith,that is cool! If its not spoken for,I would love it! Very cool of ya dude! And thanks for thinking of me Joe!! Ray
Haha,You got that right Ozxie...been swamped...you know how it is,feast or famine.
Hey Ray its yours..

I Know you will put it to good use..

p.m. me your address..

thanks

Keith
thanks Keith!
Thanks for sharing the book Keith, It's going to a good home. Ray lives near the oldest settlement in the San Joaquin valley, Lot's of old bottles and old coins are found here glad to see Ray get the book.

Paul (Ca)
Yes Paul I think Ray will enjoy it...

maybe he has picked up a few?

I noticed the guy who owned it before wrote te rpices down on alot fo the bottles...must of been 40 years agot andthey were like 80-100 or more...

So you know nowadays the prices are astronomical...

I have bottles myslef I have dug that I can not part wihth....and yes some are quite valubale...

I have strong love for glass myself...

I like to collect black glass from colonial era..

Did you know here in the southeast that the indians were so fascinated by Glass bottles that they actually would be burried with them when they died.these are the indians like 1680-1720 period..theres countless archaeological digs documented that shows the grave goods containing them...

You know the indian had to be mesemerized by a object that was see through yet held liquid...Im sure thye thought they were from the heavens...

Keith