Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anyone had a chance to side by side the SE pro and the E-Trac?

Posted by PanMan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has anyone had a chance to side by side the SE pro and the E-Trac?
February 21, 2010 07:41PM
I have been checking Minelab forum sites for this comparison, in which I would figure this would be a huge topic...but with no avail.

I compared features and such on the Minelab website, but I wanted to hear some actual field comparisons.

Anyone?

-Thanks, Mike
Heres my opinion and everyone has one...
February 21, 2010 10:50PM
Having used the XS-11 and SE I feel some additions were made but an experienced XS hunter could hang in with experienced users of the other two.
Sorry haven't used the E-trac but imagine probably the same...Lets face it if they didn't come out with new units every now and then companies would soon go out of business...Honestly those who have used both feel free to offer your opinion...as I am all ears and when is Minelab going to lighten the load as they probably have the best guts in the business...
I see quite a few E-trac users using 2 tone ferrous with good results
February 22, 2010 10:04AM
My thinking is that the E-trac is ML's attempt to bring users from other brands into the fold as this is more in keeping with the operating characteristics of the competition. It is a far cry from the Explorer and why some died in the wool Explorer users hate (dig too many nails) the thing. Personally I never like the Explorers way of doing things. Undeniably the Explorer is a great detector but, it just never fit me. Enter the E-trac and based on what I have read I might get along with its way of doing business.

Tom