Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DEUS doubles Down in the Trash another unique button

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DEUS doubles Down in the Trash another unique button
October 05, 2014 01:32AM
its a flat button with a unique design and gold gilt....also found a Staff officers button...

both these buttons come out of some insane trash...I mean awful...150 years of everything under the sun thrown in here...pulltabs to aluminum foil to shotgun hulls and tons of flat iron and nails...the Staff officer button was DEEEEEP....

believe it or not I was running Basic program 99 sens disc 10 not even listening to the iron...

after I pulled the stafff officer button out I checked it with iron audio on and man it was slap full of iron and falsey type foil hits in the hole

I can say the DEUS can hunt iron or modern trash with the best of them ...I dug these out of a construction site between others dig holes...And while using other machine to test the targets on...

Im impressed with the ability to hunt modern trash...I would not of thought it...they have the machine dialed in it so seems for even working through aluminum and such..

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2014 06:02PM by Keith Southern.
Re: DEUS doubles Down in the Trash another unique button
October 05, 2014 01:43AM
Way to go Keith

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 05, 2014 02:04AM
Keith do you ignore deeper aluminum bits on the basis of sound/tonal quality as I find that they will ID way up in the copper/silver range at depth. They do sound less solid/round than actual coins/buttons though to me but still hard to pass them up for fear of being a good fringe depth target like the half dime in nails I dug a while back.....
October 05, 2014 02:46AM
going by sound listening for deep round sounds..Goodies sound so sweet compared to jagged type foil and such,..

The descriptive audio the DEUS has helps immensley in deciding on what to dig....good stuff sounds good...

Keith
October 05, 2014 04:52PM
Nice buttons Keith

welcome to my world (hunting modern trash) with the Deus! lol

I've been doing that since I 1st got one a year and a 1/2 back ;-)

It's all about the "audio" like you say = the good stuff sounds good and junk sounds like junk

it's not "perfect" by any means but she works very good in both iron and modern trash sites!

I hunted a early 1800s site still in use today (it's a high traffic public place) last fall and it was loaded with every bit of crap imaginable from iron to alum. to tinfoil and more but in 2 days of hunting in an area maybe 50 ft x 100 ft I pulled out over 180 coins from near surface depths to about a foot deep and anything from 1830s to todays coins!

That's when I knew I'd never be without a Deus!
October 05, 2014 06:24PM
Hey Wayne I hear you on the modern trash ability the DEUS seems to have..

I dont do alot of that style hunting (modern trash) but they cleared off some kudzu on a site here in my area and it was exposed dirt.....but was way trashy..

never seen so many pulltabs...beaver tail style...

I was using another good trash machine here too to boot,,, but the DEUS was making the finds more easy..Audio wise...

not at first though..I was running my ironman program in here and it was nerve racking ...

I dropped back to basic 1 just to get a feel of what I needed to adjust in that programand I adjusted very little...

I was afraid to make the statement the DEUS could hunt in modern sites as I know how it runs in the way I set it up SPARKY ...but with the right settings it can EXCEL in modern trash believe it or not...

now the I.D.s at past the 7 inch depth mark will be off and such but if you like Audio hunting the DEUS is very nice to use in modern trash..Sweet deep modulated whisper's are the order of the day on this multi layered trash site...

I pulled a pocket watch case out of the ground that was in the 14-15 inch range...took me awhile to get it out .red clay..Sounded like a baby kitten when i went across it...

I find the DEUS to be what i thought it could not be...a multitasker...

Im not just spouting words: its the best in iron I can find right now (HAND ON HEART)...but its also no slouch on modern trash...with time spent and the right settings its as good as I would want in modern trash sites for my hunt style...

Just a clean running machine...you can take it from mild to wild and all points in between..tailor it to your style of hunting without alot of BLOAT settings...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2014 08:58PM by Keith Southern.
October 05, 2014 09:15PM
It is really hard to screw the Deus up. If you get to site that you are not set up for one of the stock programs will get you started very easily. I had the Deus out for a nice afternoon walk. I keep going back to a picnic grove that I have pounded and pounded. Targets are few and far between but I enjoy hitting a keeper there. It is a personal challenge to come up with a keeper and to be honest the Deus usually comes through for me.

[metaldetectingforum.com]

In fact I am making it official. Ready? Here it comes!

I find more with the Deus and enjoy using it more than the Minelab CTX. Boom! I named a favorite kid.

I know the Deus has been talked about way too much lately. But I'm here to tell you that the Indian in the link was a terrible signal. I was using my own program and got just the whiff of a high tone. I had no business digging it, but I was swinging for quite a while so I thought what the heck. Targets like these make me appreciate the detectors that can find them. And the Deus is really good at it. Enough said!
October 06, 2014 08:25PM
I like the SLQ Goodmore...

Congrat's

Yes the listen to the audio and it paints a picture..even in MODERN trash to my amazement..

Keith
October 06, 2014 11:18PM
Sweet bling Keith.

Aaron
October 09, 2014 10:19PM
Keith sweet find!
October 09, 2014 11:28PM
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith sweet find!
Man where gave you been? I have not heard much from you.

Tom in SC
October 10, 2014 12:13AM
Keith, the Deus can easily identify the crown beer/pop tops. (and you don't need to look at the screen) I'm amazed at how quick I could tell when one was in the ground. The audio is far above any detectors I've had in a long time. It kind of reminds me of the Tejon and Vaquero from years past.
October 10, 2014 03:40AM
Good to hear from you Brandon...Thanks..

Hey Mark...

yes the audio of the 3.2 DEUS is great even in modern settings and trash....

I myself would of never thought it.. the magic it does in iron it can also do in aluminum to a large degree...

I myself am very happy wiht the audio nuances this machine offer's it so seems on any site early or late..

ITS ALL IN THE AUDIO>>>>

Keith
October 11, 2014 12:44AM
You're right on it Keith
October 11, 2014 03:56PM
Is the modulated audio adjustable on the Deus? Thanks.
October 11, 2014 04:03PM
Yes you can take it from whisper to saturation Harold..7 level's..

7 looses perception of depth everything is loud...3 or 4 is a fair balance...

Keith