Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Want to hear from F75 upgraders

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Want to hear from F75 upgraders
December 02, 2014 07:15PM
Wayne...

Just on the F75/T2 I personally wanted a variable tone break in two tone mode....more rolling audio instead of on off audio report have a sweeping audio report...less filtering of the rejected targets..if the coin hunters dotn want it jsut let the 2 tone option have these extra feauture's...

And one of my things I really want is to see more power.....if they have it quiet lets go ahead and keep increasing the power till it gets some noise back in there...no telling how much more depth could be pushed with the way its so quiet right now...

I will say though that if your a F75 user you will LOVE the upgrades.no doubt about it...just stay in 9.0 to keep the feel of the old one..and hunt quietly and deeply..

Keith
December 03, 2014 07:50AM
Thanks, Keith.

I sent my F75SE to them the day after Thanksgiving. Was told it should arrive in El Paso this Thursday. I'm hoping to have it back by the 12th. We'll see.
I'll be curious to see how it handles electric fences and tolerates my iPhone. Anybody else checked their upgraded machines against these two irritants?

Re Keith's remark about increasing power to the point of reintroducing "some" noise...
there is a Federal limitation on the transmitting power, isn't that right? Well, do our detectors actually bump up against that limit; or are there other physical obstacles in their operation that actually limit the transmitting power they can use successfully?
And, I have often wondered, do the foreign detectors who have no US distributors have to meet this Federal mandate? And how do we know if they do or not?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
December 05, 2014 01:48AM
Transmit power has very little to do with depth/sensitivity. In fact..... some of the deepest detectors transmit no where near any maximum limits. The key is 'receive sensitivity'.
December 05, 2014 02:35AM
So Tom, by chance what are some of the detectors that are transmitting near/at max limits? I read your post on the deus testing you did a while back and remember you stated going from TX2 to TX3 showed no appreciable
gains in depth. I feel the detectors that have TX power adjustments are more for mitigating EMI and salvaging a bit of lost depth with lower sensitivity settings and maybe when hunting in iron to maybe reduce possible coil saturation with deeper iron/iron bits.
December 05, 2014 03:07AM
If I remember correctly....... the AquaStar-II "burst-fires" at 60,000mW (60 Watts). But....... it's a PI.
There are some 44V to-the-coil older detectors...... and DMC-2b's....... and older Whites that Xmit with greater power.
BUT..... then you have CZ's at around 27mW...... which are some of the deepest ...... even compared to today's top technological advancements.
The F75 (of all flavors) has even less Xmit power........ and is also one of the deepest detectors (by today's standards)..... on the open market.

Once again.......... Xmit power has very little to do with depth and/or performance.
December 05, 2014 06:30PM
The Golden Mask 3 puts 120v into the coil.

''he GM 3+ Power is an extraordinary metal detector with outstanding performance never seen before here in the UK, it is easy to set up and easy to use and can detect on all terrains utilising manual or automatic ground balance. It has a Turbo Switch to punch through more difficult terrain conditions with an additional 30% depth. The GM 3+ transmits a massive 120V peak to peak voltage enabling very very deep detection depths not known before with this type of metal detector''