Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need help picking

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need help picking
November 17, 2014 06:22PM
Need some opinions. New to the forum(been enjoying it)and just getting back into detecting. My explorer bit the dust and need something new. In the 1000 $ range any suggestions. I've been reading about the core and the f75. Is there anything else in that class. What about the 1500$ range maybe v3i, anything else you can think off What's people's opinion of the v3i.
Re: Need help picking
November 17, 2014 08:47PM
Welcome to the forum. First shop around, never pay advertised price. A lot of great dealers around. For $1500 there are a lot of options. But first , what type of hunting do you do?
Coins, Relics, Beach, gold..... or a combination

Tom in SC
November 17, 2014 09:59PM
I live in west tn. I really like relic hunting but I seem to end up looking for coins more due to time restraints/conveyance. I really think Any of the four would work. I like the f75 and core because they look like they would have a lot less of a learning curve plus they re easier on my budget. One question about the core is the display being on the side. Is that a problem for anyone that has used it
November 18, 2014 12:35AM
I think both units will do great for you. You may also look at the Teknetics T2. A little less money and same performance. For me the Fors Core has an edge in trashy sites and a tad bit deeper. Both units have a small learning curve but not bad.
OK, do your homework and let us know what you decide.

Tom in SC
November 18, 2014 07:31AM
By shop around, figure out what you want and call several dealers and get their best price on it. Most machines can be had for 10 to 20 percent or better below list price. And getting a new machine from an authorized dealer is the only way guarantee proper service and warranty. The F75 recently updated make sure you get a new version if the features seem something you want, otherwise shop for a deal on the older inventory. T2 update is due anytime FYI. Enjoy the quest!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 18, 2014 03:25PM
Do your homework as its up to you...some guys like blue chevies and some like red fords kind of thing...
November 18, 2014 04:30PM
There are so many detectors out there but I think the new f75 is one I would wait and read about the new update...For coins I really love the deus and I have had a lot of detectors in my time..I didn't really like the whites V3...and not many here use it but for coin hunting it is a good unit. Masking is the key in trash and iron so if you area has a lot of that you may want to consider some of the detectors the forum has told you about...I was on the fence with the deus for about two years and now I really injoy it and I found four finds that were silver at a park...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 18, 2014 04:56PM
I'm in a similar situation.

I have ran the F75 and T2 off and on since they came out. I really like that platform. They don't have a lot of bells and whistles on them like a Whites or Minelab. They are just simply raw power machines. The ID on them isn't the best in the world...they are jumpy/sparky, if you will. You wont find many VLF machines that can go deeper than them either. Coupled with a 12x13 or similar sized coil, it makes them an even better powerhouse. For the relics side of things...you have to put those two machines in the top 5 machines currently on the market. There's just no way around it.

For cherry picking coins...I personally believe that there are better machines out there than the F75 and T2. In my opinion, I think the Minelab machines have the top spot for that. You should know from having the Explorer. The eTrac is a fine machine and I reckon the CTX is as well. The F75 and T2 can tell you there is a target in the ground...but the ID might be so jumpy and inconsistent that if you were going by visual display, you would walk on past them. SO if you are in a site where you were digging everything that gave a signal, despite its visual ID...then the F75 and T2 would be pretty good for that. If you are in a place you want to cherry pick the silver and coins out of...then I feel you'd leave a lot of them in the ground trusting the ID on the F75 or T2.

As for the CoRe machine...it's the one that currently has my eye. I hear it's similar to the F75 but has a few other features that the F75 doesn't have. I am gonna do some more looking around before I fully decide which direction I am headed in. If I get the CoRe right now, I think it would be a pretty easy machine to resell if I didn't like it. But with the F75...it's hit or miss. They've been out for so long that the market is a bit saturated with them. The last one I had, was a regular model with after market coils and I practically had to give it away to get any interest and it was only a yr old. I think the only one that would resell fast would be the newest LTD2 edition.
November 18, 2014 05:15PM
I think Daniel pretty well nailed it.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
November 18, 2014 09:49PM
Thanks for all the help!!! I had found a good deal on a new f75 se but I think I will save a few more $s for the core. Unless I hear the duess is the really the one. I've seen them just on eBay. There is a big price difference (1200-1900) in listings. What's that about?
November 19, 2014 06:04PM
Don't think the v series whites get the credit they deserve. Its hard to describe but they just "swing right" to me, guess its the tried and true chassis. Hope they don't get away from them as time goes on. I'm in the same boat as you, a CW relic hunter by heart, but have turned to chasing coins a lot in the evenings after work for convenience. I have the Vx3 and have dug coins at 10-11". I've also found a lot of gold rings in a short amount of time, Im not a jewelry guy but rings help buy coils. I ran a blue and grey (5900) and xlt for years. Loved them but found they weren't so hot on brass, especially small buttons. The V series has more than resolved this issue. The pin point is also a joy and gives you a lot of target info. If you just like to grab a machine and hit a school and not sweat emi (some coils better than others), but still be capable in the woods (wireless headphones are a relic guys friend) they are worth a look. There are better machines in trash, but by no means are they a slouch in that dept.

That said my partner runs a deus and its amazing the ground you can cover with those machines. I hunt at a snails pace with my Explorer, Vx3 and DMC-2B. He flies around, I always preached to him to slow down, and its still key especially in trash. However after running the machine I'm convinced it does allow you to work much, much faster than a lot of rigs in open ground. More ground covered can equal more finds a lot of times.
November 20, 2014 11:37PM
The F75 are a great choice but so are the minelabs don't overlook the V series. I bought a v3i this spring and have done very well with it. Had an awesome field season with it. Lot of good machines to choose from. Good luck. Corey