Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

One way CZ target hits...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
One way CZ target hits...
March 25, 2010 02:28PM
Many say it has to repeat from 4 angles which it usually will do on shallow targets..My philosophy has always been if it repeats from two angles side to side not to and fro( tech told me years ago to and from on a CZ is not as good as side to side so no to and fro when using a CZ. Heres a tip if you get a one way target that sounds good check the depth and if 8 inches or more play around with it before digging and even if you get the slightest 2nd repeat go for it. Sometimes taking 5-6 inches in a plug from target area helps to confirm. Having not been getting out due to eye surgery and a nasty bruised rib from a fall but hunted a local cleared lot where a house stood for years..Played around and managed to get a second repeat so went for it and retrieved a wheatie that had to be twelve inches deep. Just a thought especially when things are slow in a beat to dealth area as it just might be a nice silver coin..
Re: One way CZ target hits...
March 25, 2010 03:44PM
Thanks a lot for the tip Dan. That's what I've always felt too. If it sounds out left an right I always dig.I'm gonna take my 3D out to a school buit in the 50s we found that's full of coins this weekend.I hope a quick recovery for you.
Aaron
March 25, 2010 03:59PM
I agree 100% Dan. You have to dig a lot of one way hits and even low tone/high tone or low tone/mid tone hits if the target is deep.

The CZ does average down on deep targets, and I have found a lot of deep silver coins digging one way hits and low/any tone hits.

Also, if it pin points small and faint and it's deep...I am digging it.

If the rain holds out today, I am going to supposedly a virgin spot with my 3D and see that transpires. I have not really used the 3D other than a quick 1 hour hunt Sunday at a field where I found a bunch of .22 casings, bullets and shot gun shells. I have to survey this place since there are about 2000 acres to hunt.

As for the virgin site today...its private property, has lots of older trees and the owner said no one hunted it before. It's not 200 years old, but from the 40's and the owner indicated her family had picnics and gatherings there.

Any marked jewelry I will surley show her as it could be from a family member. Hopefully the 3D pulls out a few silvers. Since I have been beach hunting the past year or so almost exclusively, I am dying to pull of a nice shiny silver coin as opposed to the beat up gray ones I get from the beach !

Will keep you all posted.
Wow 12" deep
March 25, 2010 04:18PM
I don't know if my F75 will do that.
March 25, 2010 07:16PM
I've found several deep silver dimes that bounced from iron to ZN and/or high coin. I always dig these now, and I'd say half the time or better they turn out to be deep silver.
March 25, 2010 10:32PM
Yes, it's the deepest of coins that have a greater propensity to 'bouncing'. If the target has a bit more strength......and is a 'bouncer'..... it's more of a crap-shot. A nail that 'bounces' audibly.............vs................a coin NEXT to a nail...is discernable......but somewhat difficult. This is where the single Freq F75 will perform MUCH better at ID'ing the iron.....plus.....separating the targets out better; individually......giving you a better idea if the target is just a nail...................or a coin/nail combo.