Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Foam grip wont stick...

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Foam grip wont stick...
March 26, 2010 01:53PM
Hi I bought a new foam grip for my 3D from Fisher and I can't seem to get it to stick on the pole. I tried hair spray, that always works for my bicycle grips but not for the 3D.Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2010 02:28PM by Aaron.
Re: Foam grip wont stick...
March 26, 2010 03:12PM
Seems like some of the hand grips(foam rubber) depending on the run are a hair to large and move(aggravating as can be) what I did was run some electrical tape around the pole to widen the pole a tad and grip will not move...may have to experiment as you just want a light layer to have the grip stay in place..Imagine
double faced tape would work also but electrical tape causes no damage to the pole or grip itself should you wish to remove or move the grip...
March 27, 2010 12:49AM
You can try motorcycle grip glue. It's sorta like liguid rubber. Go to any motorcycle store and ask for grip glue. Scott and Honda are some name brands of this stuff. Even ebay might have it if you don't want to travell.

You can call Fisher, they might tell ypu what they use to put their CZ grips onsmiling smiley

Hair spray would not work well, the grip is too porus.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 02:55AM by coinhunter.
March 27, 2010 03:39AM
Thanks alot guys!
Aaron