Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"smiling bouncing smiley" Tom What's Your Opinion On The New 75? "smiling bouncing smiley"

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
"smiling bouncing smiley" Tom What's Your Opinion On The New 75? "smiling bouncing smiley"
December 01, 2014 09:06PM
Hi Tom,,,,Have you had a chance to try/test the new upgraded 75? So far most of the positive stuff I have read on it has been from people that have some how acquired one early....I personally would like to hear from people that did not get one by this method & has more experience of actually using one....I have not read any concrete evidence that it's actually any quieter,heck most of the people don't even know what mode is what....I also have not heard unequivocally that it's any better than it was....I would greatly appreciate your as always honest and unbiased opinion if possible....Thanks....JJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 09:14PM by jimmyjiver.
Re: "smiling bouncing smiley" Tom What's Your Opinion On The New 75? "smiling bouncing smiley"
December 02, 2014 03:56AM
It's a good thing I reported nothing on the 1st-generation Proto of the new 'quiet' F75. There's a night-and-day difference between it and the later Proto's. Currently...... I'm still running a 3rd Gen Proto........... and am reluctant to report much at this moment........... as I'm still waiting for FTP to verify final production roll-out/intent.

Keep in mind.......... this new 'quiet' version is NOT intended as a new flagship; rather, improvements on an already-existing platform.

I will say a few things:
On this PROTOTYPE (uncertain if this one is a 'final production run' unit)....... with possible implications of data-skew...... due to "prototype" status.... a few of my findings are as follows:

* 9.0 mode slightly deeper than 9.1 mode. It appears that 9.0 mode is approx. 80% DST.......... and 9.1 mode is 100% DST.
* Overall........ this unit is 85% more EMI stable....... at a cost of 5% less (overall) depth. There are certain areas where a standard F75 is in EMI shutdown........ and the 'quiet' F75 can still keep you in the game.
* FA mode is extremely fast....... yet; at a cost of nearly 50% depth loss; but, keep in mind......... it is intended for carpets of nails whereby..... depth is severely inhibited to begin with.
* 'ln' mode is fatigue-free...... and fun...... in heavy-volume iron areas. This particular unit is starting to catch up to the GMP/Deus platform.

I have expressed some additional concerns of this current (3rd Gen) platform to FTP.......... which may have very well been addressed prior to production-run roll-out. FTP has their hands full..... on many fronts. I could say much more; yet, if there have been additional changes above/beyond this current unit that I have........ than my expressed data would be rather moot.
Re: "smiling bouncing smiley" Tom What's Your Opinion On The New 75? "smiling bouncing smiley"
December 02, 2014 04:06AM
I thought that fisher is now selling these detectors and upgrading older units if you'r using a protype what is being released now???? I must have things mixed up?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 02, 2014 04:10AM
Im not sure if mine is final run either...

Its a July date code issue..But a PROTO..
Supposedly up to date at last shipment for the final version....And yes the first ones were not very encouraging..LOL!!

But what Tom sees is basically what I see...9.0 is the go to mode...

the manual says that the 9.0 is the DST mode but Im sure the 9.1 is the DST mode...

Im starting to really take to the unit in iron and on depth...

And yes the NEW modes are giving the DEUS a run in the iron....

also things you have to remember is the F75 has a small coil available and in the FA mode wiht that coil attached it can see things few can...and the small coil on this unit as alwasy is still plenty deep..

Im not sure the 1n mode is strictly just a mode where the disc is turned up to reject a nail...its more INVOLVED than that..

very sleuthy mode for sure...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2014 05:02AM by Keith Southern.
December 02, 2014 06:22AM
Hi,,Thanks for your quick response Tom,,,,I was kinda chuckling to myself about the so called new DST mode....You say there is a reduction in depth and the EMI factor has been reduced....Am I wrong or would you not get the same results by just turning down your sensitivity on a non-upgraded F75?.. Now the new FA mode does sound like it's a new step in the right direction.....I'm a firm believer in the fact that you don't want or need a machine that's noisy in iron or while hunting in a modern trash scenario. ...The human brain/mind can only take or sort out so much information that's contained within a given trash ladened area,while detecting....Some people have a mind/brain that is comparable to a more modern computers processor ,so they can tolerate and sort more stuff/targets out intelligibly.....On the other hand some people's mind/brain is like the old dinosaur 486 computers and really struggle to hear a few good targets even once in a while....The way this new technology is reporting multiple targets in a single sweep is getting Very Interesting....But I will say this cautiously, I also believe that you have to be on the ball and have or develop a faster processor (mind/brain) too....LoL....Thanks for your preliminary report on your Prototype....I will be awaiting for your final analysis on a confirmed final production unit....Thanks....JJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2014 06:23AM by jimmyjiver.
December 02, 2014 08:25AM
whhaaa he say?..ehe! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 02, 2014 04:55PM
Hi,,,,"whhaaa he say?..ehe! he! he!".......LoL.... I was basically saying that it sounded like they turned the sensitivity down internally on the 75.....THEY TAMED THE BEAST DOWN....LoL.... Also now that it runs a lot quieter/smoother it should help people interpret what they are actually hearing under the coil in a given sweep.....It use to be like trying to listen to a talk radio show during an approaching thunderstorm,you can only perceive bits & pieces....JJ
December 02, 2014 05:38PM
Dont think they have tamed the beast as per se.

But i think they have opened up lower ranges of the sensitivity range from 0-100 0 be no sens and 100 be full power.

On earlier 75 s it seems " 0 " on the control is actually set at 60-70 % of full power.

Some of the programs on the new one may be using the missing 60% of the range.
December 02, 2014 06:15PM
jimmyjiver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am I wrong
> or would you not get the same results by just
> turning down your sensitivity on a non-upgraded
> F75?

Yeah, you would be wrong in that.

jimmyjiver Wrote:
> So far most of the positive stuff
> I have read on it has been from people that have
> some how acquired one early....I personally would
> like to hear from people that did not get one by
> this method

Just a reminder, Tom is also a member of this not to be trusted group. It is all a conspiracy to convince you the new F75 is something it is not. We all know the secret handshake, and Fisher owns our souls. We are easy to identify - we all use our real names. Only anonymous posters can be trusted to give you the straight scoop.
December 02, 2014 06:23PM
Hi,,,The F-75 is based on the Fisher 1266 platform.....The 1266 will produce phenomenal air tests results but lacks the ability to accurately discriminate out certain trash targets at deeper depths and is very noisy to boot .....However with some effort it can be tamed down to accurately discriminate, for the most part at any depth and run as quiet as a church mouse....Keep in mind when you do this it will also loose some depth,so maybe the 75 shares these same characteristics... When the information first came out on the new updated 75, I actually was under the impression that the user had the option to still have the old 75 and with the push of a button you could access the new version....Thanks to Tom for his input, I now guess this is not the case.....JJ
December 02, 2014 06:31PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> jimmyjiver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Am I wrong
> > or would you not get the same results by just
> > turning down your sensitivity on a non-upgraded
> > F75?
>
> Yeah, you would be wrong in that.
>
> jimmyjiver Wrote:
> -----
> > So far most of the positive stuff
> > I have read on it has been from people that
> have
> > some how acquired one early....I personally
> would
> > like to hear from people that did not get one
> by
> > this method
>
> Just a reminder, Tom is also a member of this not
> to be trusted group. It is all a conspiracy to
> convince you the new F75 is something it is not.
> We all know the secret handshake, and Fisher owns
> our souls. We are easy to identify - we all use
> our real names. Only anonymous posters can be
> trusted to give you the straight scoop.

Well Jimmyjiver touched a nerve which I knew would happen.
Ya know I think you guys that get the free machines for testing/review do try and be objective but lets face it. There are some things left out. One that I read recently was that the tester had contacted the manufacturer and discussed a couple problems with the machine. Funny thing was that the review never had one negative thing to say.

Not Jumping on you Steve but when you declared that the Nokia was your choice over the f75 because you did not have one coming to test like you thought. Then all of a sudden you do have one coming. If you had bought and ordered the machine I would think that you would have received the machine.

Come on guys were not completely out of touch.

PacMan
December 02, 2014 07:03PM
Hi,, hey Steve,,,why does everyone get so defensive and take things the wrong way? ....I merely spoke the truth,that the main positive things I have read so far have came from people that somehow got one early....Can you read my mind and know what I have read? How does someone acquire one early does,Fisher send them out for a free evaluation ? I did not see any dealers offering any up for sale early....It so happens that I trust and value your opinion.....Do you realize how many machines I would own, if I was to follow up and buy every machine that was supposedly a killer machine, just because I read it on a forum?.. What inclined you to buy a Deus detector only to put it up for sale a short time later? I will bet that a forum was partially responsible for that decision....I don't think I'm out of line asking for some more opinions on a possible $1000.00 plus purchase....So far I have heard that there is something not right with the pinpoint and there's no difference in the EMI etc....Now this came from my intelligence gathering mission of non-early machine receiving people... My post was not intended to slam or degrade anyone so now maybe people will understand the reasoning behind my post.....Trust me if I have have something to say I will say it out plainly for all to read....JJ
December 02, 2014 07:09PM
I did the field report on the Tesoro Outlaw, they did some editing, so it was out of my control. I made some comments that they chose to delete, overall it made for a lame field test, probably my last claim for lame fame. I can say one thing, it is not an easy job, you have to take a lot of notes and NO, I did not get a free detector for doing the field test.

My real name is Randy Albin and I go by the pen name Hombre on here... Finds Mall and AHRPS forums because I happen to like the name.
I do like the Tesoro Outlaw, just that stupid Retune button gets everybody all confused. I tried to make it malfunction but in all fairness to Tesoro, it does work but you have to be carefull in how you use it.
December 02, 2014 07:48PM
Hey Jimmy its not a detuned F75 LTD... quite powerful still....once the BP mode on 99 sens is seen youll will be in awe of its depth....is it deepr than the old ones yes and no...if you found somewhere you could run the old one wide open 99 B.P. they would be no real increase .. maybe a half inch or so nod to the old one on a 10 inch dime...but setting your old on on 60 B.p. mode will not get you to the same depth of the new one on 99 send b.p. mode...

You have to see the machine run to get a feel for it..at first you may think this thing is lifeless...but its far from it...it will pull deepies as deep as I have seen in any Disc mode...and do it with no sparky noise..

The one I have I field tested it and it was a progression to get to the version now....at first there was not going to be no 9.0 or 9.1 it was just the D.S.T. model and that was it...others and me wanted the old mode back incase we wanted to go back to the original mode...so they gave us two modes 9.0 and 9.1 one is supposedly D.S.T. and one is not....but the truth of the matter I feel is the D.S.T. is hardwired into the circuit..so the newer non D.S.T. mode is still taking advantage of the shielding but is a simulated old feel in speed and sound and such...I actuaaly like the OLD MEW MODE as its the best of both worlds....HOT,QUIET and CONVEYING..

I dotn talk alot about it as i feel it would be misconstrued as Hype since I was testing them for FT ..

I would rather wait for what others say..I think if its a good product it will catch on ...

I hope they now have the EMI issues under control that has plauqed them for so long so the newer machiens coming in the future will be quiet and be POWERFUL as a Fisher should be..

Keith
December 02, 2014 09:38PM
Hi,,thanks for the information Keith....I would really like to see some validated comparison tests on various targets on the old 75 Vs. the updated one....Is the new updated one less prone to give false signals? Does it penetrate deeper in the soil now? etc....I would also like to see some tests using a 5x10" coil, would it enable it to now have hair splitting separation?....JJ
December 02, 2014 09:57PM
My upgraded F75 LTD was just delivered. Sent to FT on 11/18 and received on 12/02, not bad considering that ten of those days were killed off by FedEx shipping from California to Texas and back (4 days there, 6 days back - go fedex!...not).

This weekend we'll be sluething out a (hopefully) virgin 1840's trading post site, it should be the perfect site to test this out. I will be interested to see how it does on small silver (dime sized and smaller) as I never really felt (in my dirt) that my F75 LTD was that accurate on a dime past 6", whereas my CZ-70 was good to 10", that was a huge dissapointment to me. It would get low conductors like nobodies business, but aside from gold, there's not a lot of great low conductors to chase out here.

Any tips to using the upgraded F75 LTD2 vs the original F75 LTD?

Thanks,
Brian
December 02, 2014 10:13PM
The F-75 "neo" - even in FA mode does not "split" targets as well as the Deus or the Gold Bug Pro. I have tested all three against the same targets.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 02, 2014 10:18PM
Hi Jimmy..

I have a 5x10 coming should be here in a day or two..

I can do some testing....I dont have an old F75 anymore...the noise finally got to me on that one..LOL!!!

Keith
December 02, 2014 10:20PM
Hey Brain,

I hope that site your going to hit is with Tom T in the dirt in his area. Very mineralized and if it does good there things will be looking up for the F75
Let us know how you do.

El
December 03, 2014 12:10AM
Don't take my comments for more than they are. I love my F-75. The GBP is sold and the Deus is for sale!

Both great detectors, but for what I do, the F-75 means I don't need them.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 03, 2014 03:02AM
Pac man Wrote:
> Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> -----
> > jimmyjiver Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Am I wrong
> > > or would you not get the same results by just
> > > turning down your sensitivity on a
> non-upgraded
> > > F75?
> >
> > Yeah, you would be wrong in that.
> >
> > jimmyjiver Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > So far most of the positive stuff
> > > I have read on it has been from people that
> > have
> > > some how acquired one early....I personally
> > would
> > > like to hear from people that did not get one
> > by
> > > this method
> >
> > Just a reminder, Tom is also a member of this
> not
> > to be trusted group. It is all a conspiracy to
> > convince you the new F75 is something it is
> not.
> > We all know the secret handshake, and Fisher
> owns
> > our souls. We are easy to identify - we all use
> > our real names. Only anonymous posters can be
> > trusted to give you the straight scoop.
>
> Well Jimmyjiver touched a nerve which I knew would
> happen.
> Ya know I think you guys that get the free
> machines for testing/review do try and be
> objective but lets face it. There are some things
> left out. One that I read recently was that the
> tester had contacted the manufacturer and
> discussed a couple problems with the machine.
> Funny thing was that the review never had one
> negative thing to say.
>
> Not Jumping on you Steve but when you declared
> that the Nokia was your choice over the f75
> because you did not have one coming to test like
> you thought. Then all of a sudden you do have one
> coming. If you had bought and ordered the machine
> I would think that you would have received the
> machine.
>
> Come on guys were not completely out of touch.
>
> PacMan

No, I just agreed all us people who get machines early can't be trusted, and Tom is one of us.

As far as the Nokta goes it is a tossup for me but since I had one I was content to stick with it. I had a deal in the works on the F75 and it fell through, and all I did was post and say just that. Then the deal came live again, so now I will be using both of them. Eventually one or the other will probably stay and the other go. I literally just report what I am up to and what my thoughts are. Any testing done for the manufacturers is for them, not for you, so it hardly matters whether you believe anything I say or not. I have nothing to sell you and could care less what you use or do not use.

And that as they say is that. I'm going to make myself scarce.
December 03, 2014 03:21AM
Hey Rick what you say about the Gold Bug pro is sold makes me wonder...

I believe that maybe the reason that First Texas wont put the Variable tone break on the F75 is that it might just take everything away from the F19 and G2 and GBP....That's their big selling point is VTB...if the new quiet F75 put into Je mode 99 sens and still remaing quiet would probably be as good or better as those machines when they are in disc mode also...I know the F75 would be deeper...

I dont Know just thinking outloud..Im not a marketing expert...just a buying too many machines expert LOL!!

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2014 03:26AM by Keith Southern.
December 03, 2014 03:50AM
I just bought a new updated F75 LTD2. Tracking says it will be here Friday. I too, always take any report from testers with a grain of salt. I know most do get free units in the end, and if they wish to remain on the good side of manufacturers for future units, most aren't gonna give the full run down of a machine. Just the plus side of things. But that goes for anything. Archery staff shooters are some of the worse out there about doing it. And they don't get free bows...just maybe a hat and a 10% discount on the bows.
December 03, 2014 06:22AM
jimmyjiver Wrote:
> Hi,,,,"whhaaa he say?..ehe! he! he!".......LoL....
> I was basically saying that it sounded like they
> turned the sensitivity down internally on the
> 75.....THEY TAMED THE BEAST DOWN....LoL.... Also
> now that it runs a lot quieter/smoother it should
> help people interpret what they are actually
> hearing under the coil in a given sweep.....It use
> to be like trying to listen to a talk radio show
> during an approaching thunderstorm,you can only
> perceive bits & pieces....JJ

sorry for the response my post wasn't directed at you!..i was responding to another post with "spam" in it!
wound up in the wrong place!..as to your response,i completely agree!..just experiencing a "quiet" background
on the f-75 should make a world of difference!..absolutely in being able to discern what's happening under the coil.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 03, 2014 06:22PM
Oh well,... all this "he said this, they said that, those guys never mentioned that,..." talk just goes to show what a Great machine my F75 Ltd is allready.

If I want to upgrade I'll simply buy another F75 Ltd 2 and give it a whirl. But I'm not touching or fiddlin' with the one I've got wright now!!
Enjoying the F19 too much at the moment. Even had to put a plastic D handle on my digger,... temperature has just dropped below freezing :-(

HH
Johnb
December 03, 2014 09:39PM
I love the new F75. It is metal detecting joy.

The only time I'd bring out another unit is if a) silent masking was an issue or b) efficiency requirements dictated the use of my cleansweep coil, or c) I needed more 'complete' visual target representation.

With the new F75 its more about chosing the right coil for the job now rather than wondering if I had the right detector.

I wish there were more coil type/size selections available. I'd like to see a figure-eight series offering available for the F-series, something in the standard 4x18 size, a 4x10 size, and a 2x6 stubby. I'd also like a paddle sized 7x14 eliptical concentric.

That would totally float my boat smiling smiley

HH
Mike
December 03, 2014 10:29PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> Pac man Wrote:
> -----
> > Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > jimmyjiver Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Am I wrong
> > > > or would you not get the same results by
> just
> > > > turning down your sensitivity on a
> > non-upgraded
> > > > F75?
> > >
> > > Yeah, you would be wrong in that.
> > >
> > > jimmyjiver Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > So far most of the positive stuff
> > > > I have read on it has been from people that
> > > have
> > > > some how acquired one early....I personally
> > > would
> > > > like to hear from people that did not get
> one
> > > by
> > > > this method
> > >
> > > Just a reminder, Tom is also a member of this
> > not
> > > to be trusted group. It is all a conspiracy
> to
> > > convince you the new F75 is something it is
> > not.
> > > We all know the secret handshake, and Fisher
> > owns
> > > our souls. We are easy to identify - we all
> use
> > > our real names. Only anonymous posters can be
> > > trusted to give you the straight scoop.
> >
> > Well Jimmyjiver touched a nerve which I knew
> would
> > happen.
> > Ya know I think you guys that get the free
> > machines for testing/review do try and be
> > objective but lets face it. There are some
> things
> > left out. One that I read recently was that the
> > tester had contacted the manufacturer and
> > discussed a couple problems with the machine.
> > Funny thing was that the review never had one
> > negative thing to say.
> >
> > Not Jumping on you Steve but when you declared
> > that the Nokia was your choice over the f75
> > because you did not have one coming to test
> like
> > you thought. Then all of a sudden you do have
> one
> > coming. If you had bought and ordered the
> machine
> > I would think that you would have received the
> > machine.
> >
> > Come on guys were not completely out of touch.
> >
> > PacMan
>
> No, I just agreed all us people who get machines
> early can't be trusted, and Tom is one of us.
>
> As far as the Nokta goes it is a tossup for me but
> since I had one I was content to stick with it. I
> had a deal in the works on the F75 and it fell
> through, and all I did was post and say just that.
> Then the deal came live again, so now I will be
> using both of them. Eventually one or the other
> will probably stay and the other go. I literally
> just report what I am up to and what my thoughts
> are. Any testing done for the manufacturers is for
> them, not for you, so it hardly matters whether
> you believe anything I say or not. I have nothing
> to sell you and could care less what you use or do
> not use.
>
> And that as they say is that. I'm going to make
> myself scarce.

I understand that the testing you do is for the manufactures or else they would not send you the machine.You being mostly a gold hunter your evaluation most likely leans that way and I assume that you report your findings and recommendations But when you post your review on an open forum it becomes a review for all to read and make decisions on weather to purchase or not so at that point it is for me and all. There are not that many that have the experience that you and other guys have in the field and we look for guidance. When you omit obvious flaws you do an injustice to us and I see it as doing it for self gain. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ya know Steve your skin is a little thin for someone with your time and experience.

Forum name Pac Man
Born and raised name Dwight Hardy
December 04, 2014 03:53AM
"Ya know Steve your skin is a little thin for someone with your time and experience."

Perhaps. I guess you guys simply do not understand what testing is. It is to find the obvious flaws and have them fixed before you ever lay hands on one. That being the case, there is no obvious flaws to report nor are any withheld. I certainly never have done such a thing and if you took the time to read my reports over the years you would see I am free with reporting things I do not like. The fact is people ask questions and I try to be helpful. But when you cop the attitude that I am doing you an injustice by doing so and somehow am gaining something by sharing freely - well then I am done. There is zero requirement for anyone doing prototype testing to answer questions or help people. If you think I have anything to gain taking my time to answer questions on this forum you are dead wrong. I just like helping out if I can. The only reward is a pat on the back, and lacking that, and the kind of accusations you are tossing, then there simply is no point in my being here. People who do value my opinion know where to find me.
December 04, 2014 04:28AM
For my last post here I would like to say that the opinions I value are those of the prototype testers. Tom Dankowski, Keith Southern, Mike Hillis, and many others. I know you guys were chosen because of your honesty and you willingness to tell the manufacturers just what you think of their new in the works products. They have no use for yes men and you all have deep knowledge of metal detecting and metal detectors. I also salute each of you for sharing your knowledge with others. I for one respect you all and learn a lot from what you do share. Testing prototypes, despite what people may think, is actually a lot of work. Might a machine be a reward for the effort? Possibly, and well earned I say. I know for a fact I have never in my experience with any manufacturer been pressured to report happy findings to the public, or to even report at all. Any time I have made reports about using or liking a detector it was purely because I wanted to because I did believe in the machine. I know the same holds true for you. Happy Hunting!
December 04, 2014 06:43AM
Steve, I appreciate the reports that you and the other detecting heavyweights like Dankowski, Southern and Hillis share. I'm sure I speak for a lot of us here when I say please don't make yourself scarce and don't take any skepticism personally.

Very interesting to hear about the secret handshake and selling of souls. Does that make you guys the First Texas Masons or Scientologists?