Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1st Time out with the LTD

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1st Time out with the LTD
March 29, 2010 08:19AM
I am really impressed with my new LTD. I wasnt expecting the construction to be so good. Its really light and the balance is perfect. It is however very different from my other machines so its a little challenging to get used too. I had a chance to spend a bunch of time with it this weekend and found alot of coins with it in a couple school yards. I am totally impressed with the speed this machine can process targets and the depth it gets especially after it was not being ground balanced properly. I tried the Fast Grab method and the Manuel ground balance, and every time the message center says "Cant GB". I made sure the ground was free of metal too. I have read the instruction manuel several times. I realize this machine doesnt run as quiet as my CZs but its really noisy, I figure maybe due to the lack of ground balancing? The Fe meter is reading low min. too. I tried running it mostly in df and bp and experimented in all tones and sensitivity. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Aaron
Re: 1st Time out with the LTD
March 29, 2010 12:11PM
Make sure the coil connector is pushed all the way in and the nut is hand tight.
March 29, 2010 02:42PM
Fact of life the new F units are noisy(EMI) compared to your CZ but with time in the field and experimenting imagine you can cut down on the EMI..Perhaps someone who has unit for a while can help him out..
Remember the 1266 with its snap-crackle-pop was also noisy but was the favorite of many for years..
March 29, 2010 05:53PM
Its not so much the noise Im concerned about, I knew from the videos what to expect. Its trying to get it to ground balance is what the problem is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2010 09:03PM by Aaron.
March 31, 2010 12:24AM
Your dirt may not have enough mineralization to GB with. Try this test;

Go to all-metal mode with a fairly high Sens setting.........and pump the coil on the ground. If there is a noticable response........see if you can manually adjust it out. You may find that there is virtually minimal difference whilst pumping coil; subsequently, mineralization is not bad enough to Fast-Grab Grnd Bal.