Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I value all opinions not just prototype testers. Why????

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I value all opinions not just prototype testers. Why????
December 05, 2014 01:57AM
I value all opinions on detecting equipment and detecting scenarios. Why may you ask?? Because I feel a lot of nuance is left undiscovered in the testing phase(s). And when you consider just how infinite the detecting scenario can be in the world we live, some people will undoubtedly experience a detecting situation that's unusual or rare. Metal detecting is a continual learning process for me. Just look at what's happened over the course of the last year. Deus users were given upgrades and now the deus behaves differently, same for the F75/F75LTD. I expect future detectors to be firmware/software upgradable so the learning continues even when one one thinks they have their equipment mastered. When I'm reading forum posts I'm looking to see if some are seeing and hearing what I am. I am also paying close attention to what people hear and see that I'm not. So if I ever maybe witness such I can maybe relate and make the best out of it. No I'm not a rocket scientist or university professor with a PHD, I'm just a retired USAF Senior Noncommisssioned Officer who enjoys retirement by hunting with the aid of firearms and metal detectors.
Re: I value all opinions not just prototype testers. Why????
December 05, 2014 02:22AM
Nice combo - guns and detectors, you can recover all your lead!!!

I have a couple of airguns so my 3 acres are an ideal placeto test your detectors ability to pick up very small medium conductors.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 05, 2014 02:49AM
I may have to do that. The way silver is dropping it won't be long until lead is worth more. Ammunition, fishing sinkers, airgun pellets have really gotten a lot more expensive in the last 10 years. I used to have a 20 cal theoben rapid airgun. I could shoot the brass on of a 12 gauge fired high brass hull at 80 yards on a calm day. A real shooter for sure. I had many around here rethinking their rimfires as I had a clinic set up and was giving lessons. I sold that gun unfortunately. I have an Anschutz 1710 with match 54 action 22 rimmy I've had for almost 8 years. It's a shooter too. I don't do much target shooting mostly woods hunting. Most people around here stay away from me with their guns for fear of embarrassment-hence my forum name.
December 05, 2014 03:17AM
Whoa! Step aside tnsharpshooter, mighty tall talk. I may have to bring my .22 cal Mossberg down there and out plink ya! ; )

Aaron
December 05, 2014 03:38AM
Had a mossberg model 46bt bolt action with a 27 inch barrel with a tube magazine paid $40. It would hold if my memory serves me right 25 short cartridges and it was very good shooting gun. Unfortunately I went into the AF 33 years ago and my father accidentally sold it. bummer Right now I'm playing around with a 204 ruger. A real shooter at long distance- sniper accurate. Take a look at this:

[www.youtube.com]
December 05, 2014 04:18AM
Both of you step BACK meet John Wayne? [www.youtube.com] Warning #^&*=French I think ? Notice he has his bugger finger off the bang switch when he pulls his 45 in his recap, lets see where is that in the list of safety rules?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 05:51AM by rapidroy7.
December 05, 2014 01:39PM
Ever try a Kimber .22 rimfire? Sub-MOA 5-shot groups.
December 05, 2014 02:19PM
rapidroy7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Both of you step BACK meet John Wayne?
> [www.youtube.com]
> Warning #^&*=French I think ? Notice he has his
> bugger finger off the bang switch when he pulls
> his 45 in his recap, lets see where is that in the
> list of safety rules?

My brother-in-law shot himself to trying to be a "quick draw McGraw".----I was standing right behind him when it happened.----He packed the (in pieces) hollow point bullet in his body to the day he died a few years later.
December 05, 2014 02:21PM
Before metal detecting my decade long love was high end adult precision airguns, I've owned more than I care to say here from all over the world. When you have a passion that involves 75 to 100K in airguns at the house and 25K coming and going all across the world in money or guns all the time it gets fun! Had an 80 yd range here at the house in 20 yd increments and was shooting somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 pellets a month off the bench. .13 center to center accuracy for a 5 shot group if nature cooperated was pretty common. Absolutely loved it! Then I realized that our airgun retailers here in the US were holding us hostage somewhat after a conversation with a good friend in Norway. He bought a gun for 800 usd new that in the US we were being charged 1600.00 for. I asked the question why so much and was lied too. I was peed off and let the world of airgunning know about the insane markup. It killed my passion and I liquidated it all over a years time. Anyway enough of that lol.
December 05, 2014 02:41PM
If a rifle or pistol is not extremely accurate I loose interest real quick . My problem is I like to pack my guns around and use them so have a hard time with the Kimbers and similar as they are generally to nice to beat up lol .
I do own a custom Ruger 10-22 that has left a many a would be sharpshooter embarrassed . Full one inch Douglas premium air gauged SS barrel with match chamber threaded into the receiver like a real rifle . Custom match trigger and a great scope to match .
Also have an old High Standard Supermatic Citation .22 pistol that out shoots most modern day .22 rifles.

My motto is true happiness is a sharp knife and a tack driving gun .
December 05, 2014 02:51PM
Can't beat dual hobbies and depending where you detect many carry.....
December 05, 2014 03:44PM
I had a Rapid Air Weaons (RAW) regulated 20 cal. I have owned several of the upper end airguns. I just sold a 25 cal Kalibregun Cricket (built with a hammer-forged CZ barrel) and at 80 yards, a magazine of shots (12 shot magazines) would appear as a single hole the size of a nickel. I am also an airgun FREAK! Now talk about draining the bank.....these aforementioned airguns are in the 1500 to over 2000 dollar range. They can easily hold their own in Benchrest competions against powder burners. An amazing feat considering they are shooting diabolo-shaped pellets.
(Crap, I apologize for the blatant hijack. But when airguns are talked about, I just have to get involved. I am about to make a purchase today for this coming years Field Target matches., Likely, yet another HW97K or TX200 in 17 cal. Hi Pressure air is becoming difficult to acquire around here)
Anyway, sorry for my hijack. Happy Detecting.....kevin
December 05, 2014 04:36PM
Okay, knock it off stop the "hi-end" air gun talk before I have upgrade my crummy Crossman...

If you guys wanna talk expensive hobbies we can talk auto racing, that will make your air guns seem like pocket change! LOL

Aaron
December 06, 2014 02:45AM
I had 3 kimber rifles in 22cal rimfire. Only one would shoot better than I could hold it. A lot of other folks had the same problem. Kimber no longer produces rimfire rifles. I hear their pistols fair a bit better. Another good shooter I had is a Sako finnfire with Lilja custom barrel installed. Now that was a real sub moa gun even at 100 yards even with moderately priced ammo like wolf. The CZ line of rimmies is probably the best bang for the buck in the accuracy dept. One needs to shoot about 2 bricks of junk ammo thru one first before they try and ascertain if they have a good one or not. I almost sold one once for junk price. It all of a sudden starting lighting up the bulls eyes after about 1000 rounds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2014 03:03AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 06, 2014 02:56AM
Yes..... the CZ-452's are stunning for the price.