Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom question

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom question
March 30, 2010 03:19PM
Is the new gold bug detector going to be able to deal with hot ground? I hear it will be a higher freq then the LTD but when you hunt for gold nuggets I thought the ground was hot most of the time. Would it be safe to say the new machine would do the same job as the explorer? And if not why? I will not buy an explorer for this area to hunt but I know there is a lot of silver in the ground and it is a good size area....Im I just trumped or have to dig every one way bad sounding hit I get. The tones is not a quick sharp tone it is long. What is the key...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Tom question
March 31, 2010 12:20AM
It's specifically designed for hot/bad/mineralized gold-bearing dirt. It 'should' be much better at finding small nuggets vs Explorer..........as the Explorer is not a prospecting-specific unit..........although the Explorer is (probably) better at handling bad dirt. PI's are always the best for bad dirt.........BUT.....are NOT as sensitive to small/tiny nuggets. Robbing Peter to pay Paul!
March 31, 2010 11:02AM
Lawrenzo when you say the tone is long is this on the deeper soft hits? If it is that is just how some machines respond on certain deep targets.. the audio response has a slow build up and decline that has a different quality to it. Kinda hard to explain.

Tom

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2010 11:07AM by Jackpine.
March 31, 2010 03:21PM
The tone was long like it was reading the ground. You could not really tell how deep the target was because the target may have been the ground. I would dig the short hits more like coins would hit. But the coins and I only dug one wheat were dirty and not clean hits. They bounced a lot and were hard to tell what you had.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!