Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

In light of all of the feedback....I STILL am considering an F75SE2

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
In light of all of the feedback....I STILL am considering an F75SE2
December 14, 2014 08:48PM
There is alot of feedback from people (plural) whose reviews I trust about the F75SE version 2. I want one. I can see how the depth in Disc Mode can be a nice addition to my Teknetics G2. But I DON'T want to have to buy a machine and then send it back due to poor performance. I also use All Metal mode in some areas where skirmishes occured.
But I know, when I order one, from any number of retailers, that the units are drop-shipped from a main warehouse. So PLEASE, keep the reports coming......good and bad. And when/if I get mine......I will add my reports into the mix. I have a useful test garden. My deepest target is at the very FRINGE of detectability for the Tek G2. So....in theory, the F75SE version 2 should SLAM those targets with ease. Upgrades, by the very definition of the word, should mean that the unit, after having been UPGRADED, should be of a better grade than the unit before the upgrade.
So far, the things that I am seeing is that All Metal mode has been DOWNGRADED in many units. And UPGRADED in a couple of units. Also, the Pinpoint function seems to be different sounding in the various upgrades. Just musing out loud here. Are there any other members that are considering a new purchase (F75SE2) or an upgrade of your existing F75SE??? I would appreciate hearing your reasoning. Perhaps I can couple your reasoning with my reasoning and can justify the purchase.
I'm sorry for the rambling.......but I am confused.
My G2 will give a good repeatable signal on a 7 or 8 inch bullet as long as there is some dampness in the ground. If the ground is parched (iin my test garden) I can only get iron grunts or single hi tones. SURELY the F75SE2 in DISC mode will be deeper than my G2.......which to me, is the perfect all-around machine. (plus, it has the very useful feature of VCO. Anyway....Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!! kevin
Re: In light of all of the feedback....I STILL am considering an F75SE2
December 14, 2014 09:23PM
Nobody at this point on the consumer end has any idea to tell a good unit from a subpar unit. I would stay away from them for the near future, but then again that is up to you. If FT refuses to acknowledge a problem then what are you going to do if you end up with a subpar unit? Resell it? I think full disclosure in a sale will kill your bottom line.
December 14, 2014 11:03PM
Kevin I am not sure that the new F75 should hit those G2 fringe targets any better than an older good F75LTD. I really haven't seen anything saying that there was any kind of depth increase add into the upgrade other than reduced emi which would help hear the target.

So I guess that what I am saying is that other than the DST and FA process not sure if someone can expect any real difference from a standard F75 LTD.Yea they added so fe tones and what ever.

Goodmore has hit it with his reply but you are the only one that can decide.
December 14, 2014 11:48PM
I've always felt that if my LTDSE was not so prone to EMI, it would be my favorite machine. So I'm pretty excited with the reports by Tom and Keith, and when I get the word I'll send mine in to get it upgraded. In the mean time, I'm not going to be complaining. I'm happy Fishers finally doing something about the EMI issue.

All you guys who are so concerned about getting a new LTD2, why don't you ask Tom if you can purchase a validated unit through him? End of problem.

Aaron
December 15, 2014 12:00AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've always felt that if my LTDSE was not so prone
> to EMI, it would be my favorite machine. So I'm
> pretty excited with the reports by Tom and Keith,
> and when I get the word I'll send mine in to get
> it upgraded. In the mean time, I'm not going to be
> complaining. I'm happy Fishers finally doing
> something about the EMI issue.
>
> All you guys who are so concerned about getting a
> new LTD2, why don't you ask Tom if you can
> purchase a validated unit through him? End of
> problem.
>
> Aaron

i dont mean to hijack this thread but i didnt know that tom sold metal detectors,what kind does he sell?
December 15, 2014 12:20AM
Sometimes he has new units to sell that he personally validates. Got my LTDSE from him years ago and works waaaay better that the camouflaged LTD piece of junk I used to have.

Aaron
December 15, 2014 12:24AM
Aaron Wrote:
> I've always felt that if my LTDSE was not so prone
> to EMI, it would be my favorite machine.
> Aaron

My thoughts as well. Although I don't feel that the audio is as 'ear friendly' as some other detectors, it id's well at depth, is decent in iron, and is a very powerful unit over all. I may revisit the F75 next year once the dust has settled on the latest version.
December 15, 2014 01:21AM
Aaron is correct. I bought a validated F75Se from Tom, which is very quiet and very deep. Due to that, I will not be upgrading mine.

If Tom sells any of the new F75LTD2's, and validates them, then there should be no worries.
December 15, 2014 01:58AM
How does Tom work the validation process? i take it he buys the detectors at trade price and tests them and any that dont pass his test garden/air tests etc dont get validated if so what does he do with the underperformers send them back ?
December 15, 2014 02:10AM
What difference does it make what he does with the sub par units? Your guaranteed a great performing unit that's all you need to be concerned about.

Aaron
December 15, 2014 02:15AM
It will be interesting how the F75 situation pans out. Obviously there are many subpar units in the hands of users, and probably still many more on store shelves. Pretty much the same story all over again that we saw with the F19 early on. Right now it's buyer beware till Fisher can squash whatever problems or bugs these newer/ugraded units are having. If Tom is still validating F75's now might be a good time to take advantage of that option.
December 15, 2014 04:36AM
im glad i wasnt the only one confused on this. btw i wanna thank all who post feedback good and bad on the f75 upgrade.
December 15, 2014 05:19PM
I asked Tom about selling the new units, and that I would MUCH rather purchase one from him. He stated that he hasn't got any in stock right now. Hence, my making of this new thread.
I appreciate all of the replies. Everyone made some great points. And I thank you. I think that I will wait a while.
But I STILL want a new detector for Christmas. One that I have never had. One that will out-perform the G2. One that I can be very excited about getting. To be totally FRANK......the Teknetics G2 seems to be able to hear a bullet (and buttons) quite well in my dirt. I even dig iron grunts when I am in a location that I KNOW has CW relics. I just dig it all. (as long as it's not a carpet of nails. I have a big rae earth magnet for those situations.
I guess, to be fully honest.....I just want a new toy. lol Merry Christmas to all. (it is pouring rain here). A good day for scouring maps and historical books of the area.
December 15, 2014 08:00PM
I can relate to your sentiment completely Kevin.
We just want to buy something that works,... and performs like a flagship detector would :-)

All this F75 Ltd2 has gotten me thinking about something very different.
The comparison between an F19 and X-terra 705 both with elliptical coils and more specifically about their Gain/Sensitivity.

I know you can jump up the Gain in disc mode on the F19 almost to the max and have it run stable.
But for some reason on my hunts I haven't been running it full throttle.
Setting up in All-metal, tuning ground balance, then set it to a stable threshold and then ground balancing again.
This often leaves me with with a gain setting of 50 to 60,.... which I just leave be and switch to disc mode and hunt.
OK,... maybe it can handle more. But you need to start somewhere getting to know the unit.

Here's the catch,... I've been pulling our small 50 Centimes Belgian Francs with ease with the F19.
And I needed a Sens setting of 70% minimum on the X-terra to hit those same coins and an X-terra is a very EMI stable unit.

Now it could be down to a variety of adjustments, factors why one unit likes some coins better than others.
But I like the fact that those Fishers can give you raw power when you need it,... and not administer numb making pain killers to the detector.

There is something about this Digital Shielding Technology,... be it from Fisher or Minelab or Deus that numbs down performance and you can't put your finger
on it. It might be great in certain circumstances and give you workable depth,... but it takes away some of the feel, audio memory, familiarity in settings, etc.

Just like racing drivers like manual transmissions and hate traction control systems and daily drivers "focused on anything but driving" love the auto tranny and traction control
systems.

Don't get me wrong when the dust settles I'll probably get myself an F75 Ltd 2,... next to the DST they've added some nice features only before found in XP detectors :-)
But I would like to get a good one in stead of a lemon LOL

HH
Johnb
December 15, 2014 08:10PM
My experience tells me that unmasking on higher levels needs lower sensitivity or you could call it " numbed " down, yes.

High sensitivity hits on the magnetic and conductive objects much harder then on conductive alone. Read - Iron.

With lower sensitivity together with a manufactued " blending " of tones and a trained ear you will go to unmasking level 2 or 3.
December 15, 2014 08:23PM
There's lag in digital audio..it's looses the analog full picture feel...yet its alot better than a decade ago..

one thing I commented on with a F75 proto was it felt more drawn out..

the latest 12/14 model I have feels like a normal f75 audio wise but quiet...

I'm not convinced they need to leave 9.1 on theachine...it just leadsto confusion..

If 9.0 gets emi so does 9.1...no difference I have found...yet 9.1 is sluggish...

right now the 12/14 model feels as close to a regular F75 I've seen and I believe deeper...

I've informed the factory today that this one I have right now needs to be held at all cost...whatever they have done stop there..I'm afraid there at the apex any further tweaks cut take it on a downward slope..
December 15, 2014 08:50PM
wanna trade for a 11/14 one? lol
December 15, 2014 09:17PM
OldandBold Wrote:
> My experience tells me that unmasking on higher
> levels needs lower sensitivity or you could call
> it " numbed " down, yes.
>
> High sensitivity hits on the magnetic and
> conductive objects much harder then on conductive
> alone. Read - Iron.
>
> With lower sensitivity together with a manufactued
> " blending " of tones and a trained ear you will
> go to unmasking level 2 or 3.

So it's a Rookie mistake running everything Full Throttle :-)

HH
Johnb
December 15, 2014 11:15PM
Well nutz! Nutz nutz nutz!!! Here I sit wanting to buy a new 75SE version 2. If I KNEW that I could get a unit like Keith's, I would be ALL OVER IT. But when I order, the warehouse will likely reach up on the shelf and grab the next machine. It may or may NOT be like Keith's properly working 75. If it ISN'T......I, too, will be calling FT. They did a SPLENDID job on my Tek G2 and although it was a used machine, they didn't even charge me a dime.
All of this reminds me of the Garrett AT Pro days. I bought one of the first ones. It's depth was horribly low. It would BARELY hit a quarter in my ground at 5 inches!!!! Then I started reading about mineralized dirt (I was brand new to detecting) so I figured that my dirt was highly mineralized. But since then, I found that my dirt is only moderately mineraized.
I reckon I'll put my Christmas cash back in the bank and be satisfied with my G2. But there has GOT to be a reason for some F75's performing well and some (or more) that are not up to snuff.
Maybe the engineers are working overtime at First Texas. I know absolutely NOTHING about electronics (I can't even text) but there must be some variances happening along the assembly line. It makes one wonder, why do the variances have to produce sub-par F-75's and an occasional PROPER F-75.
Anyway, I appreciate all of the feedback. There is just no possible way that I could justify spending cash on a unit that may or may not be 'up to snuff'.
I read somewhere that Fisher is STILL going to release some type of new flagship unit. All of this mess has soured me on anything new from FT.
But really, I have no right to get on here and gripe. It's the forum members who have already spent their money for the upgrade or for the new F75SE ver 2. I can't say that I blame them for being aggravated. Y'all have EVERY RIGHT to get a fully properly working detector for your cash!!!!!!
Ya know, I have never owned a White's VLF machine. Or a Nokta. (sp?) Depth is what I was hoping for. And if they have reduced the '75's depth by 2 to 2.5 inches......well, there goes that option.
December 15, 2014 11:44PM
I have a new,july 15, F75LTD, only used it in the yard a couple times and I can get a free up/down grade,but I think I will hold off until all the dust settles. I really feel for the guys who sent their good ole 75's in and now are in limbo.
On a new flagship detector--since Carl from Whites went to FT and he's an expert on PI's I look for a waterproof PI,lighter than an ATX and quiter than a TDI Pro and will push the Overpriced minelabs in performance. Or we may get an Upgrade to the upgrade??
Merry Christmas to all.
December 16, 2014 12:22AM
Yes, I'm waiting till it's all resolved. I'm not gonna risk my NASA validated unit until I'm sure I'll get Keith's software.

Aaron
December 16, 2014 12:45AM
Quote from Kevin B > "I reckon I'll put my Christmas cash back in the bank and be satisfied with my G2."

That's not the Kevin B we all know and love, lol.
December 16, 2014 02:20AM
ozzie Wrote:
> Quote from Kevin B > "I reckon I'll put my
> Christmas cash back in the bank and be satisfied
> with my G2."
>
>
> That's not the Kevin B we all know and love, lol.

Must be an imposter!!! Kevin,someone hacked your account!
December 16, 2014 02:24AM
Kevin, maybe you can pry Keith's out of his iron like grip.

They say every man has his price... LOL
December 16, 2014 03:40AM
Ray, if he's an imposter, he's a darn good one....he writes just like Kevin. lol
December 16, 2014 01:46PM
ozzie Wrote:
> with my G2."
>
>

(LOL) I gotta admit......that was a good one.
December 17, 2014 04:31PM
ozzie Wrote:
> with my G2."
>
>

yes!.kevin you need to send all your money to (f.t.)
remember,they didn't charge you anything for your g2,
sooo ball's in YOUR court!..do the right thing,and GET that
f-75 2..(lol)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
wjs
December 17, 2014 04:55PM
Kevin we need to find a good dealer that will get a couple in stock and test them for us before we shell out our hard earned cash on them to make sure they are as hot as Keith's. Then give them to us at his cost.....Lol
December 17, 2014 04:59PM
keith's on (f t's) payroll!..he's using
the "lead engineer's" personal detector!
eh! he! he!...(lol)....ho! ho! ho!..merry xmas!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 17, 2014 06:44PM
If I had a chance to buy one like Keith's I would go straight into a panic attack trying to get the buyer paid! We need DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH.......with a correct audio response.
They are tearing down a house in the historical district, Right BESIDE an old church (the old building is gone, replaced with a new edifice) that was used by Grant as a major hospital for the returning wounded soldier's/officer's from Shiloh!!!!! WOW!!!! I am driving buy there on the way to the post office and ask permission. My skin is thicker now, so I am ready for either answer.....YES!!!!........or no.......