Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus Owners Read and Heed

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus Owners Read and Heed
December 16, 2014 03:37PM
Registering your Deus will not get you warranty work. It WILL take a sales receipt. I called XP this morning since I hadn't got a sales receipt with either of my 2 units. When I bought my first unit in Mar 2013, I registered it by telephone and the gent on the other end then told me not to worry. This morning this was not what I got from the nice lady at XP. I haven't had any issues, just trying to cover my tracks as I would presume nonwarranty work on these little devils might be quite expensive. Cheers
Re: Deus Owners Read and Heed
December 16, 2014 04:40PM
I feel a call to the dealer should get you a sales receipt. All competent dealers keep a record of their sales. If you bought from a private individual its a different deal. Matter of fact when I bought a new Fisher a while back dealer advised me they could always check with him but did send me a sales receipt which I never received initially..Fisher also requires a sales receipt for warranty work ...All companies are different so know the procedure when you buy...to sort of cover your tracks.....
December 16, 2014 05:40PM
I thought that the warranty was transferable on the Deus??? That would mean that everytime a Deus is sold to another person, the sales receipt would have to be included in the deal. Or am I missing something????
December 16, 2014 06:03PM
I got my Deus over 4 years ago in a trade with a fellow in England, 1.2 version,it wouldn't hold a charge 24 hrs.,I didn't care because I charge my cell phone everyday, and the Deus was finding silver in ground I've searced for 15 years.This year I sent it off to XP in France, and for $100 they go over it,fixed the problem and got it back like a new unit,lost the programs I had but who cares,I have a new unit for $100,held the charge over a month,(useing other detectors),so I'm a happy camper.XP service is second to none.
December 16, 2014 06:07PM
PS,it wasn't the battery because I changed it when I first got the detector,think it was around $45 for the battery.
December 16, 2014 06:12PM
Kevin B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought that the warranty was transferable on
> the Deus??? That would mean that everytime a Deus
> is sold to another person, the sales receipt would
> have to be included in the deal. Or am I missing
> something????

You are not missing anything Kevin.-----The warranty on the Deus is transferable to subsequent owners---but---the sales receipt is necessary for XP to make the transfer.--------So, yes---make sure you get the sales receipt upon purchase.
December 16, 2014 08:37PM
I have since called my dealer and gotten sales invoices on my 2 units.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2014 09:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 17, 2014 01:14AM
That kinda sucks. I bought mine second hand. Did not get...or expect...a receipt.
December 17, 2014 01:46AM
Deathray, if you bought from private seller, you might contact them and see if they have original receipt.
December 17, 2014 01:56AM
Well,he will see this thread. Let me know bud...if not,no worries.
December 17, 2014 01:57AM
Yes they have alway's required a reciept for warranty work..

Keith
December 17, 2014 02:33AM
The entire thing is BS. What if you buy your Deus and split it up like I did? I sold off my WS5 headphones and bought a pair of WS4 headphones. My receipt had no serial number for the WS5 headphones on it. They absolutely know how long ago a detector was sold along with the coil and headphones. So what is the big deal? The warranty is transferrable. So I guess if you buy a coil or headphones second hand off of a forum you are screwed! There is only one origional sales receipt. Who gets it if I sell my coil off and my headphones and keep the remote? Like I said. BS!
December 17, 2014 02:52AM
I tend to agree with you Goodmore. I do notice the packages I have all have the same serial # per set on the 3 pieces (remote, coil, and headphone). My sales invoice doesn't have any serial # info either. My sales receipt just say deus with the specific headphone listed and coil size. And they have a support menu on their site entitled "Warranty registration". A bit confusing. This is why I called and asked. And to top that when I tried to register my last deus setup, it seems they already had my address and ser# info already loaded. All they lacked was telephone and email info. I would like to see XP send their customers a certified detailed receipt for each of the 3 main parts. This would solve the problems you are referring too. I realize handling paperwork these days cost big bucks for manufacturers, but if they take their warranty program super serious and dot all the Is and cross the Ts, customers will notice and this action will pay huge dividends down the road for all parties involved/concerned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2014 04:15PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 17, 2014 02:53AM
I agree Goodmore.
December 17, 2014 03:52PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well,he will see this thread. Let me know bud...if
> not,no worries.

Sorry Ray

I don't have the receipt as I too bought the unit used from "bigboar" (Dale) here on the forum when it was like just a couple months old but he didn't send a receipt to me with it and I didn't know you needed one either for repair work...
December 17, 2014 04:12PM
I've sold a couple of Deus's myself. I never sent the sales receipt. Didn't see the need to because of TRANSFERABLE warranty. I sure hope nobody calls me and asks me to look for an old Deus receipt. I would NEVER be able to find it. I just wad stuff up and lay it around until I tidy up the house. Then all wadded up receipts get filed into the trashcan. This is GOOD INFO to know just in case I get crazy and buy yet ANOTHER Deus. And that is quite possible......maybe. Merry Christmas!!!!! kevin