Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new or old cz3d?????

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
new or old cz3d?????
April 05, 2010 10:45PM
sn# 0508 1391......well i purchased a cz3d and i was wondering how old it is? it does not appear to be one of the original fisher calibrated units? what are some of the key tests i should run to see if it is up to par?
tom, if it is not up to spec how much would you charge to calibrate my cz3d?

i must say that uppon first impressions it is HEAVY and not at all comfortable to swing like my f75. i new that would be the case but i bought it mainly for the audioboost feature,the salt/enhanced feature and the crisp clear hardhitting audio!!!
thanks,chuck.
Re: new or old cz3d?????
April 06, 2010 10:52PM
Yours is a newer May 2008 unit. I'm short on time......but there are threads on this forum that have all of this info. One quick important test is to see if the unit will detect a clad dime to beyond 10" in enhanced mode.
April 08, 2010 01:16AM
tested my 3d today. tried different modes/settings and and it seems the best it could do was about 8 or 9 inches on a clad dime. would like to have it perform as intended! tom,please let me know how much you charge to calibrate a cz3d.
April 08, 2010 01:35AM
Will send you a PM.
April 12, 2010 03:44AM
tom, im a little confused? i contacted a individual... keith willis of east texas detector service (before i contacted you) to see if he was able to calibrate a cz3d. he stated that 8 or 9 inches on a clad dime was all that was expected from a cz3d but "he would see what he could do". lots of people refer others to him as an alternative to fisher?? i also seen a recent post where a guy sent his 3d in to fisher and daniel(i have had great experiance with him) calibrated his machine to hit a dime at 11 inches. now all that being said, i was allways told airtests are not important and you should judge a detectors "in ground depth capabilities"

after air testing my f75 and cz3d i am getting about 10 with the f75(stock coil) and about 9 with the 3d(8 inch coil).....now, heres the kicker i get the same if not better from my bountyhunter discovery 3300(8 inch coil)!!!!!!!! i want to do this test again in a different location to confirm these results. just curious what you think about kieth, daniels results, airtests in general and my personal airtest results?

you may post this on the forum if you like, i just did not feel like it was appropriate since i "named names".
chuck(seeker41)
April 12, 2010 04:50AM
I'll answer this Chuck. Im the "guy" your refuring too. Daniel did calibrate my 3D to air test a dime at 10.5 inches, he spent more than the usual time on it because such a big issue was made with this 3D situation during the winter. The machine is very hot now, the sensitivity can only be set as high as 4 and it starts falsing. Fisher did a great job. The problem is a lack of consistancy. Some guys swear by the new ones and claim they are just as good, however...MOST of the guys that have purchased the new ones have all had issues regarding poor air tests. Mine was really poor, it only tested a dime at 6". If you do the research on this topic in this forum you'll see the eye-opening comments Tom has made regarding the new Fisher and where the problem is. As Tom had stated that I found really surprising is the internal components of the Mexican made 3D are superior to the USA made ones, and thats great..except one thing, the Mexican made ones are like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!
Aaron
April 12, 2010 06:28AM
"If you do the research on this topic in this forum you'll see the eye-opening comments Tom has made regarding the new Fisher and where the problem is."

i have seen the comments and since they were coming from tom i did give them some value, however i do not buy into the ideal as expressed on some other forums that the new fisher sucks!!!!!!! there service sucks, they have no techs,there detectors are just poorly built overhyped junk. many are just anti firsttexas/bountyhunter and have had a there goes the neighborhood mentality since the first news of fisher being bought out! some people are hinting that there is a sweatshop somewhere where lowpaid uneducated mexicans inconsistantly slop together cheap detectors,the unwelcomed lowlife firsttexas and its new engineers/techs have left other detector manufacturers scrambling to catch up and failing to do so.
sorry but i have been dealing with this since i started detecting and tryed to fit in to some forums while using a bountyhunter.
April 13, 2010 12:54AM
Chuck,

Keith Willis is good with CZ's; but there is one issue with him. A friend of mine sent him 2 detectors 6 months ago.....and Keith has yet to fix these two units. He may be backed up a bit. I know Daniel at Fisher. He is quite good with CZ's. Daniel would be my preference.

.....As far as your CZ having the same depth as the BH Discovery; this should not be the case. A properly tuned CZ should be a fair amount deeper than the 3300. Yes, the CZ is better at being tested in real dirt; however, there lies minimum standards that it should pass....IRT air-tests.
April 13, 2010 01:45AM
I sent Keith my CZ-70 Pro back in January and havent gotten it back yet, however, Ive heard he is worth the wait.
April 13, 2010 03:17AM
yes, kieth wrote in his e-mal that he was about 4 months behind!! when i decide to have it calibrated i will send it to tom.

aaron and tom, thank you for your replies!!!!