Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like Nokta /Makro has answered Our every wish WOW

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Looks like Nokta /Makro has answered Our every wish WOW
December 26, 2014 02:19PM
its doomed without wirless phones as buyers in UK wont buy a plugged in job now ,all moving over to XP models

its amazing at rallies as so many have deus XP machines now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 03:01PM by diggers.
December 26, 2014 02:22PM
And yes it will have vibration and LED like the FORS.

If they pack evrything into the new unit I wonder why anyone will buy the Fors series?

It seems I took the leap for a used Fors unit at the wrong time. Oh well. At least I can still compare it to the Deus. I can tell you that after I spend some time with Fors Core either it or the Deus will be sold. I need one good dirt machine for when the mood hits. I plan to spend my money and time detecting on the beach. In fact I would Nokta to come out with a multi frequency machine for the beach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 02:38PM by goodmore.
December 26, 2014 02:29PM
Dilek, thanks for the communication! Can you share a possible time frame in 2015 the Racer might be available?
To all the rest of you guys....... you sound like kids at Christmas time........ wait, IT IS CHRISTMAS!! LOL.
HH all.
December 26, 2014 02:51PM
canslawhero Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Hello all.. This is Dilek - For those who do not
> know me - I am the Sales&Marketing Manager at
> Nokta."
>
> Hi Dilek, I've spent time in Istanbul and
> Cappadocia, among other areas. Beautiful country
> and wonderful, friendly people! Your english
> speaking ability will be invaluable to your
> company.
>
> "We will also have optional bluetooth headphones
> available for the unit."
>
> Please allow your Bluetooth implementation to
> adhere to standards so that we can pair any of our
> standard audio bluetooth headsets to the detector.
> And again, as many have stated, a detector
> of this apparent quality should be equipped with
> the ability, via a usb port, to upgrade the
> firmware. My vote is for black/grey.
>
> looking forward to more details. think about
> giving Tom D. and/or Keith S. an early version for
> evaluation/feedback....
>
> cheers from Canada....

Hello! Well I lived 15 years in the States and I visited Canada,too, but did not get too far - just the Niagara Falls by the border :-)

In this model, we will not have a USB port but some of our future upper level detectors will.

Now regarding the bluetooth - the BT module may work with other BT headphones but we cannot guarantee the performance as we have no way of testing it with all the BT headphones available in the market. Therefore, we recommend it to be used with the supplied headphones.

Thank you for all the feedback and cheers from Turkey!
December 26, 2014 03:38PM
Hey goodmore,

The one area where I think the FORS models have a clear advantage is in the use of the large coil. The control box and battery assembly position can be adjusted which offers at least some ability to better balance the unit when used with the large coil. You may not have an interest in that but just thought I would mention it. I of course really want to get my hands on the Racer but I still think I will be using the Nokta with the large coil. In fact, the large coil will probably not come off it once I get the Racer.

I sure hope the coils are compatible between the Racer and FORS models. If not it is not a big deal but it would be nice for those seven people out there like me that might be using both!
December 26, 2014 03:44PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:

Therefore, we recommend it to be used
> with the supplied headphones.
>
sounds like the wireless headphones will come with the racer, sounds good, hope the price is not too high. Also, we have a Makro distributor here in Canada (Ontario) and
hope to see them carrying Nokta detectors also....what with the merger....
December 26, 2014 04:14PM
canslawhero Wrote:
> Nokta Detectors Wrote:
>
>
> Therefore, we recommend it to be used
> > with the supplied headphones.
> >
> sounds like the wireless headphones will come with
> the racer, sounds good, hope the price is not too
> high. Also, we have a Makro distributor here in
> Canada (Ontario) and
> hope to see them carrying Nokta detectors
> also....what with the merger....

I may have phrased that wrong ...the standard or the pro packages will not include any BT headphones simply because it would add to the price. The BT headphones + module will be sold seperately and can be purchased as an add-on to the std or the pro package at the time of order or later on.
December 26, 2014 04:20PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> Hey goodmore,
>
> The one area where I think the FORS models have a
> clear advantage is in the use of the large coil.
> The control box and battery assembly position can
> be adjusted which offers at least some ability to
> better balance the unit when used with the large
> coil. You may not have an interest in that but
> just thought I would mention it. I of course
> really want to get my hands on the Racer but I
> still think I will be using the Nokta with the
> large coil. In fact, the large coil will probably
> not come off it once I get the Racer.
>
> I sure hope the coils are compatible between the
> Racer and FORS models. If not it is not a big deal
> but it would be nice for those seven people out
> there like me that might be using both!

Sorry Steve but they are not compatible....
December 26, 2014 04:35PM
Dilek, how soon will the Racer be available? Early, Mid, late 2015?
December 26, 2014 04:42PM
possum mo Wrote:
> Dilek, how soon will the Racer be available?
> Early, Mid, late 2015?

Early...
December 26, 2014 04:47PM
Your waving a bag of herion in front of a bunch of junkies , Dilek!
December 26, 2014 05:52PM
deathray Wrote:
> Your waving a bag of herion in front of a bunch of
> junkies , Dilek!

Going to make for a long winter and more OT lol
December 26, 2014 06:35PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
I of course
> > really want to get my hands on the Racer but I
> > still think I will be using the Nokta with the
> > large coil. In fact, the large coil will
> probably
> > not come off it once I get the Racer.
> >
> > I sure hope the coils are compatible between
> the
> > Racer and FORS models. If not it is not a big
> deal
> > but it would be nice for those seven people out
> > there like me that might be using both!
>

> Sorry Steve but they are not compatible....

OK, I can live with that. Big coil on FORS Gold, and smaller coils on the Racer. Thanks for the reply! (amazing, replies.... must be dreaming).
December 26, 2014 07:30PM
I have never owned one of these Nokta units. For relics and occasional coins (hunting yards and woodlots, and old, rotted-down homeplaces, which Nokta unit would shine??? My dirt is moderately mineralized. Nuts! I'm ready to buy something!!!
December 26, 2014 09:05PM
We all ask the same questions Kevin...

Put also remember patience is a virtue...

We have very limited info on the Racer besides it looks good ..Seriously it looks like a unit you want to take out a swing...like its ready for action...But looks dont get the goodies..

But heres something to ponder...if it has the Core DNA in a more user frinedly and ergonomic package well theres a plus for the Racer...

Also the company from what I can tell and from what we already know trys to keep prices competitve and maybe even offer more for the money than most.... the way they are going to market the pro pack sort of leads me to believe maybe the price of the unit to stay in the same range as maybe the Pro CoRe the large coil will be omitted...and offered as an option...

And I think the Makro merger with Nokta is good for business ,, It takes the monopoply away from Kellyco...and maybe we can even see better deals through our favorite dealers...

If your serious about aNokta/Makro in the form of a Racer or Core or CF77 I would practice patience for now...Heck most companys dont even show whats next so lets be grateful we KNOW we have options...

If you need to jump on something right now go with the CoRe PRO Pack..Money well spent for the extras..

Ive had the Velox the CoRe and I assure you Ill have the Racer...and from the Velox to the Racer what do I see..evolving technology and craftmanship...

We are still in the dark on the Racer and Upon careful picture study I do see the coil for the Racer is manufactured different and even has a different pivot point form the CoRe of same size...we dont even have the Freq yet...alot of things to discover...

Freq,,clock speed,,,tone breaks ( factory or user defined) ,,Screen info offered...ETC,,,

So while we hope it has the CoRe DNA (and more) we just dont know yet...We do know we will get a profesional piece of equipment with a company that for the first time has copme forward and met the Consumer with openess to share whats happening and I Know from dealing with Dilek that they are very curtious and willing to help...Ive had a couple of issues that were taking care of with 2 day air shipping from Turkey no charge to me...I cant get a part for an American made detector from the factory in 2 days here in the States...All emails were answered promptly and I was also followed up with on both occasions to assure I was happy.. And I was.....

I can aslo say on the Racer the Aesthetic appeal really does create a more 21st century modern era look and makes you feel like the package is not off the shelf but engineered to exacting standards...

I Know it does not matter how a machine looks but how it performs but the Racer looks like a unit you want to be seen with if there is such a thing LOL!!I guess I should say it has a lot of curb appeal....If its got the goodies under the hood then Perfect...

I hope it does come out early while the foliage is dead so I can run it in some of my sites I cant hunt in the summer..

I was teetering on a Membrane CoRe back in the lineup,,, but now I will hold out for awhile to see what the Racer brings to the table...

PATIENCE.

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 09:23PM by Keith Southern.
December 26, 2014 09:14PM
Thanks Keith. I think I'll wait for the Racer!
December 26, 2014 09:34PM
Sounds Good Kevin...

I too will wait...real worlds hunts against the DEUS and PROPER F75 will be the real eye openers for me for things I MYSELF want to personally impressed with..

Im telling you Kevin its a great time in the history of detecting to be alive..So much compettion and tech coming we the user are the winners!

Keith
December 26, 2014 10:03PM
I will wait till Keith,Kevin and Steve get the Racer,lol. Love this forum!
December 26, 2014 11:35PM
I have the Core, I am waiting on the CF77 to arrive and I will also purchase the Racer. Once they all are in hand, I will test each and decide which is best for my type of hunting. Then let the rest go to a new home.

Tom in SC
December 26, 2014 11:39PM
Only problem is that Keith Southern is a relics guy and Steve Herschbach is a gold nugget guy.

We need a hardcore coin guy on this forum...lol
December 26, 2014 11:47PM
Not a problem for me Cadman...Im a relic/nugget guy,lol.
December 26, 2014 11:51PM
deathray Wrote:
> Not a problem for me Cadman...Im a relic/nugget
> guy,lol.

Ha... you are getting the best of both worlds...lol
December 26, 2014 11:58PM
cadman Wrote:
> Only problem is that Keith Southern is a relics
> guy and Steve Herschbach is a gold nugget guy.
>
> We need a hardcore coin guy on this forum...lol

Ain't that the truth. Where is the next new deep silver/old coin machine?
Coin hunter detector tester
December 27, 2014 12:52AM
I would like to nominate tmanly as our official coin hunter unit tester. He has the experience, and buys every new machine that comes along. How about it Tom?
Are you up to the challenge? smiling smiley
December 27, 2014 01:07AM
Problem is...sometimes I can walk the walk. I just cant talk the talk...lol

Tom in SC
December 27, 2014 03:08AM
If Nokta creates a unit that has the "partial iron see-through" of the GMP/DEUS........ the mineralized ground handling capabilities of the GMP/DEUS............ the depth of a F75SE.............. and the ID accuracy of a CTX-3030

((( or greater performance )))

then............... we have 'evolved' (nirvana).
December 27, 2014 03:13AM
Tom, have you tried the core?
December 27, 2014 03:43AM
True words Tom

Unmask like a DEUS+++++ tall orders..

Go deep as a PROPER F75++++++ wow...

I.D. like a 3030++++++Tough too...

I would jsut be happy if it could do one of these things...

And speaking form experience of having a what seems to me a PROPER F75 ....I will echo your statment from another recent post....I wish everyone could see what a PROPER F75 runs like...

In my 4/5 Bar dirt the F75 is the first machine Ive had to hit and I.D. a 10 inch dime without ground bal off set...and too me thats amazing especially since the I.D. is also fairly accurate on the dime...

I have also in the last few weeks pulled some deep targets with said unit in hard hit sites in disc mode....and for the first time its low coductors at depth not high conductors...im digging Spencer hulls everywhere I go at Depth few see...

I have alot to talk about on the F75 but I want others to get one working right first....but will hold off till more have the right units...Ive actually bought 2 detectors this week to compare against some things on the F75 to verify my finding's..

Keith
December 27, 2014 03:52AM
Luckily for me I am more likely to get what I want. Performance as good as or better than a CoRe with a forward facing control panel.
December 27, 2014 09:39AM
I have only 5 wishes:

1. Depth
2. Depth
3. Very detailed audio information - it should also sound "nice" (I don't care about ID numbers)
4. Fast recovery speed
5. Accurate target identification on the first sweep! (The first - not like on many YT videos, when someone is swinging the coil 1000 times over a (known, self buried) target till it makes the "right" noise and passes the "test" ).

If it comes in a light, well balanced package... But the picture looks promising.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2014 09:40AM by x2000.