Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD (and others) TID and Audio Independence

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD (and others) TID and Audio Independence
April 09, 2010 07:32AM
I've read that the TID and audio processes on the F75 LTD (and other new Tek/F-series machines) are independent processes.

I didn't really realize the value of this, until I was thinking about some of my more recent silver finds. For instance I had a Walker silver half that sounded killer, but the TID was terrible. At 6" deep I recovered the walker and rescanned the plug to find there was actually a clad dime almost on top of the walker! Given the TID I may not have recovered this target, but the audio was my dig/no dig gating factor in this example. Had the audio been tied into the erratic TID, who knows, and perhaps that's why this target hadn't been recovered by other detectorists.

At another site, another walker half target (I've been fortunate to find three in the past couple of months) I had the opposite scenario. Initially I had three brass wing-nuts in a more or less triangular formation about four inches deep, and another three inches under them was another walker half. Of course the machine locked in on the nuts, and I dug them out. I decided to rescan the hole, and the audio for some odd reason wasn't so great, BUT the TID was dead on for a silver half dollar. I was careful to make sure my hole was wide enough as to not scratch the potential half dollar signal and sure enough a half dollar did indeed come out of the hole at 7" deep!

HH,
Brian
Re: F75 LTD (and others) TID and Audio Independence
April 09, 2010 08:39AM
Man thats awesome Brian, Im still looking for my first Walker and Ive been detecting for 25yrs!
April 09, 2010 10:18PM
Experience and Education!
......puts you ahead of the cherry-pickers.
April 11, 2010 05:02PM
Cal i had this happen this winter . I found a target in the
woods My #s were good but tone was spongy at best so i had a hunting
bud cross check with his tone only machine . He said NO DIG sound.
It was frozen so i left it .I went back a week later with small coil
still no dig tone but DIG ME #s Chiped the ice ang got a 1912 weat.
About 5 inches deep. The mask still frozen in the hole. F75
April 12, 2010 07:06AM
gman I can only imagine that in these instances there must be some level of masking going on. Only bad thing for me, is in target laden parks I usually listen for tones first, as a million TID#'s can stream across the screen, but for the right site it's definitely worth watching the screen, one more tool to get the goods.
April 12, 2010 03:25PM
We hunted a park and if you listened to the tones you missed the silver. GG park where the dirt sucks and if you can get even a one way tone dig it. Three silvers were found that way. The Vdi bounced the tone was crappy.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!