Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whats been one of your biggest disappointments?

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whats been one of your biggest disappointments?
April 14, 2010 05:46AM
I remember one of my biggest came in the summer of '89. My buddys brother bought a 100+ year old fixer upper. He gave me the ok to come over with my detector. I had thought this was it, I was finally going to find some really old coins! So, we drove over a hour to get there, fortunately not that far. We get there and he shows us around the place. It was huge. All kinds of rooms, secret passage ways, even a butlers quarters! I remember the glass windows were all original, they were all "wavy", the way old glass windows looked. The whole time Im thinking about all the coins I was gonna find. So I got my detector out and started in the front yard and after a couple minutes I just had this bad feeling, and sure enough, there was nothing to be found maybe a few clad. Talk about bummed! So I checked the backyard....nothing, not a thing! After that, Ive learned never to get my hopes on anything. You never know where anyone else has been. I know someone must have been there...had to have been, for as old as the place was.
Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2010 12:10PM by Aaron.
Re: Whats been one of your biggest disappointments?
April 15, 2010 12:06AM
maybe the people that lived there was careful and didn't drop anything!
that's possible too!

(h.h!)
j.t.
April 15, 2010 02:11AM
My ratio 'was'; 9-out-of-10 sites would NOT produce. Now........the ratio is much better. I have learned how to 'read' dirt (IRT sink ratio)......and can (now) hunt in the iron with 'some' better success with current technology.
April 15, 2010 11:35AM
Isnt IRT sink ratio addressed in one of your articless (love is deep)?
Is that with the LTD that you can hunt in the iron better?
I think all of us would greatly appreciate some details when you have a chance.
Thanks!
Aaron
April 15, 2010 12:10PM
Yes and Yes.

Gosh.........all of the lengthy written details are in Fisher Intelligence and the longest thread/post on this forum.
April 19, 2010 04:11PM
In the summer of last year a friend of mine bought a Wattle and Dorb farm house with 20 acres of land which included a scheduled moat....I checked the site over and found the land had been de scheduled so I was allowed to detect...I couldn't sleep the night before thinking what might be coming of these wonderfully historic fields...what a disappointment, after 3 visits I only found one Victorian penny and a 1940's Ladies Land army badge.....I cried for a week.....John