Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'm just about ready to sell all my VDI detectors and get 2 CZ's!!!

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'm just about ready to sell all my VDI detectors and get 2 CZ's!!!
April 14, 2010 02:15PM
If I look back at my notes for the last couple of years I notice my "good" coin ratio to clad coin ratio has greatly declined.The number of Wheaties,Indianhead pennies,Buffalo Nickels,V nickels is way down.I still find a decent amounts of silver dimes and quarters though.My silver jewelry numbers are down also.This puzzles me as my research and site selection has improved.I seem to find less coins on edge also.I've moved back out to the Dakotas to retire here.The soil is mineralized with iron and saline(alkali salts). The CZ's just work better for me in this soil.I can't run my F 75 with sensitivity above 80 without it running very erratic.80 is the ragged edge of stability here,lots of times 70 is max.I'm going to keep one F 75 with 3 different coils as the 3X7 coil on this detector is the best combination in heavy trash clad hunting I've tried.Two CZ3D's with 5 inch,stock 8 inch and 10 1/2 inch coils will soon be on the way.I found an old horse race track that is now a farm field.It closed down in the 1950's.The whole town by the race track is gone.I asked the owner if I could hunt and he said yes.I might not get to hunt it until fall as it is going to get planted here any day now.To be continued...........
Re: I'm just about ready to sell all my VDI detectors and get 2 CZ's!!!
April 14, 2010 03:04PM
Sounds like your going to have a great place to hunt this fall!
HH, Aaron
April 14, 2010 10:00PM
I am not sure if there is any detector that is as simple, yet with raw power, as the CZ's. I have 4 (Two 6a's a CZ20 and a CZ3D), and I am always on the look out for another CZ.

Bought and sold lots of different models, but never sold a CZ...I just aquire more of them.

I think your old coins and silver finds will increase dramatically with the 3D. Not sure if you used a 3D before, but once you learn it and listen to ALL the targets ( this means running the unit so you hear the iron low tone) you will begin to tell the 'real' high tone good targets from the false iron ones. Once that switch is set in your mind and ear, you will start to dig lots of deep coins.

Good luck and keep us all posted.

JC
April 15, 2010 02:18AM
I recommend finding a few deep coin signals with a CZ........then see how the F75 compares on these exact targets.

I recommend finding a few deep coin signals with a F75........then see how the CZ compares on these exact targets. VERY IMPORTANT!......as this is NOT the same......and may produce different results!!!!

You will then have your answer. (( Head-to-Head is critical )).
April 16, 2010 09:26PM
Tom
I just hate it when you reply with logical and reasonable answers!!!Why do I ever go to other detecting websites when I can get all I need here.
April 17, 2010 12:14AM
kickback, I am thinking about doing the same thing. I grow weary of my Explorer and I've always been interested in the CZ lineup. I don't know which one to get though. I primarily relic hunt but I want something that can coinshoot too.

Are these heavy detectors? Do they have a fairly fast recovery speed?
April 17, 2010 01:04AM
In general, CZ's are slightly lighter than the Explorer. CZ's are the worlds most audibly coin-intelligent detectors.............especially to the human ear. After a few hunts with one.........you'll know exactly what this statement means.