Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F19 vs F75Ltd vs F75Ltd2

Posted by Steve Herschbach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F19 vs F75Ltd vs F75Ltd2
January 08, 2015 03:23PM
Well, you guys are probably going to hate me for this but here you go. I got my hands on a prototype of the new F75 and was very impressed with the improved EMI resistance more than anything. I also liked the new ferrous tones option; the new FA fast mode is something I do not need as much as most people on this forum. For me I had sold my previous F75 for no other reason than EMI issues and so let it go in favor of my Gold Bug Pro, which is exactly the opposite when it comes to EMI.

I had to send the prototype back but was told I would see a production unit eventually. I must have been last on the list because it kept not showing up. Questions raised in the meantime here and on other forums really got me to wondering about things, so while I was waiting I found a deal on a never used 2013 F75Ltd version 7.0A. I figured it would give me a baseline for comparisons. Recent posts on Findmall and here also got me wondering about the Fisher F19, and on an impulse I picked up one of those also in like new condition.

So I am sitting around playing with these two detectors when my new 2015 F75Ltd2 shows up a few days ago. Only one problem. The ground is frozen here. Now, I would love to say I went out and tested the heck out of these three detectors, head to head, under stringent test conditions, witnessed, verified, and on video. Given the circumstances it seems almost criminal not to. The reality is however that I am about burned out on the whole Fisher upgrade saga and just wanted to make a personal decision and move on. I do not feel like waiting around for the ground to thaw.

The F19 is a sweet little detector and does hit tiny low conductors better than the F75. The new F75 seems just marginally better than the 2013 F75 in that regard but still not as good as the F19. Since I have other machines that trump them all in that regard I decided what really mattered to me was larger item performance and overall features so the F19 got kicked to the curb.

My only real issue at that point was trying to determine if there was anything about the old F75 versus new F75 that would make me hesitant to upgrade. Again, I wish I could give you some kind of in depth report but I think I have learned my lesson reporting on machines where I have got one for free (sort of). The extra effort is kind of wasted so all that really matters is satisfying myself. I bench tested as best I could and the simple take away for me once again is the new F75 is remarkably more stable and interference free at higher gain levels than the old F75. I noted no significant loss of depth in all metal mode or anything else to cause me concern. I may very well have missed something, not saying I did not but it does look like I got what Keith would call a "Proper F75". I have decided I am happy with the new detector and that it is time to move on. I am getting pretty busy with getting ready for the prospecting season and in fact am headed to BLM right now to spend the day on claims research.

So for what it is worth it is new F75Ltd2 for me. If anyone is interested in like a like new F19 or F75Ltd they are both for sale at [www.detectorprospector.com] The F19 I am including my 5" and 11" DD coils from my Gold Bug Pro that I held onto just in case the F19 ended up being the keeper. They can go now also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2015 04:08PM by Steve Herschbach.
Re: Fisher F19 vs F75Ltd vs F75Ltd2
January 08, 2015 04:50PM
Great report thanks!! I was on the fence on the f19.. Now i will pass and maybe look into the racer later on..
January 08, 2015 04:51PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, you guys are probably going to hate me for
> this

No, as a F75SEtoo, to, two owner/upgradeder, I am quite happy with what you find/found and hopefully will find as you go.
Best of luck in your upcoming season, Steve, and thank you for all that you (and others) share with us here. Doesn't matter to me if you pay for your detector or not, or if you test for any manufacturer. I don't sling arrows or look gift horses in their mouths.
Or question motives of folks who are trying to be helpful and share their experiences or knowledge with me. I, and I think most on this forum, APPRECIATE and RESPECT your opinions and observations.
Please keep them coming!!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
January 08, 2015 05:07PM
Steve, when you fire up the new F75 SE what is the production date on the screen(11/14, 12/14 or 1/15)?? Thanks for the update, I just picked up an upgraded F75 SE 11/14 and I'm hoping for a Keith Southern "proper" F75 detector.

Bill
January 08, 2015 05:09PM
Hi Steve,,,good deal,, nothing is free in Waterworld (quote from movie) I don't think you got a machine free, you earned it....Thanks for the limited comparisons it's enough to see they are probably on the right track...JJ
January 08, 2015 05:17PM
cobill Wrote:
> Steve, when you fire up the new F75 SE what is the
> production date on the screen(11/14, 12/14 or
> 1/15)?? Thanks for the update, I just picked up an
> upgraded F75 SE 11/14 and I'm hoping for a Keith
> Southern "proper" F75 detector.
>
> Bill

version 12/14

When you get right down to it all three are sitting in front of me, two have to go, I get to keep any one I want, what do I do? All the testing in the world just boils down to that.
January 08, 2015 05:24PM
Hi Steve, How much derfrance in the F19 and the G2? I think someone said they are about the same on small gold. Have you tryed bouth? Thanks Flintstone
January 08, 2015 11:26PM
The technological curve is moving, albeit slowly, and with fits and starts, but it is progressing nonetheless...
January 09, 2015 01:20AM
Flintstone Wrote:
> Hi Steve, How much derfrance in the F19 and the
> G2? I think someone said they are about the same
> on small gold. Have you tryed bouth? Thanks
> Flintstone

From a gold prospecting perspective the Gold Bug Pro, G2 and F19 are all basically the same detector. Had the Gold Bug Pro since day one and just gave the F19 a spin. No real difference for prospecting but I would tell people get the F19 just because it comes with the best prospecting coil, the 5" x 10" DD. Never used the G2 but it is just a Gold Bug Pro in a different suit.

It never gets any love but in my opinion the basic Gold Bug version without manual ground balance, just the ground grab, at under $500 out the door new with warranty is the real deal for gold prospecting bang for the buck. I sing the virtues of manual ground balance constantly but I have to say that ground grab does a heck of a job.
January 09, 2015 08:41PM
Thanks Keith, I got the 5x10 NFL coil for the G2 and it dose very well in trash at the parks, gets about 1/2" less deepth than the 11". Haven,t got to use it for gold yet, but it hits good on ear ring backs, so that is small. Dose the F19 use the same coil conections? The 5x10 NFL might work on the F19.
January 09, 2015 08:56PM
Gold Bug Pro, G2 and F19 are all basically the same detector and any coil that will work on one will work on all three.
January 09, 2015 09:41PM
Keep us informed on the one ya keep, please! The new version of the F75? It's still a possibility with me. Although I have owned two of the F75SE's.....I could never run them at anything above 70 sensitivity.
January 09, 2015 11:26PM
I guess I'll be sending mine in next week. It sound's good.

Julien