Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just ordered a Fors Core Pro Pack

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just ordered a Fors Core Pro Pack
January 12, 2015 07:26PM
I have read more positive than negative. Let's see how it does on my buried bullets, a silver Rosie, and a 7 inch Eagle Infantry button. Plus, I have several sites that I want to see it perform in. I will be thorough and brutally honest in my reporting. This will give me something to occupy my time. I will make a few vids as well since wjs (Thanks Bill) tutored me on how to upload vids to Youtube. Kellyco said that it would ship today. He said that I should get it at the end of the week. They are using free Fed Ex Home Delivery. From Florida.....if shipped today......I should think that it should be here Wednesday.
Re: Just ordered a Fors Core Pro Pack
January 12, 2015 07:30PM
Hi Kevin,

Looking forward to your reports!

Duke
January 12, 2015 07:37PM
Rocker switches or touch pads?
January 12, 2015 11:42PM
Kevin,
What did you select for your BOGO prize???
January 13, 2015 01:05AM
@ Steve: I didn't even ask them which ones where avaliable. I just stated that I wanted the Fors Core Pro Pack.
@ TNSharpshooter: What is a BOGO prize? They never mentioned it to me. I have not done much business with these folks as I like to spend my brass on the smaller 'one man' shops. But back to the BOGO Prize.....are ya yanking my chain or is there really such a thing? lol If so, I wonder if it is too late to call and tell them that I want my BOGO prize.
EDIT: I just looked on their site and sure enough......I spent over a thousand bucks. I WILL be calling them tomorrow!!!!! Seems like Mark (the tele-salesman) should have reminded me of that. It wasn't on the Fors Core page. That......or I just missed it. Maybe I'll try Bounty Hunter pinpointer. That was the first FREE item. Then, a camo jacket (got a dozen of them). And another FREE prize was a Bounty Hunter VLF. I might get that thing and tear into it and for once......see what's going on in them there control boxes. Or.......sell it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 01:11AM by Kevin B.
January 13, 2015 01:11AM
Go to big K's website and look. whoops I saw your edit. sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 01:13AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 13, 2015 01:13AM
I just did, and I appreciate you telling me about it. I am a bit disgruntled that the salesman didn't mention it. I WILL be calling them tomorrow!
January 13, 2015 02:21AM
Give 'em he-- Kevin!!! smiling smiley
January 13, 2015 07:11AM
Tell them to skip the BS BOGO detector and knock some money off.
January 13, 2015 11:19AM
If i had one ordered I would rather have the latest model out that has the upgrades. When I talked with them last week the salesperson did not know what I was talking about.(upgrades) At least he said he did not know. your money......
January 13, 2015 11:29AM
Yes I could see possible problems. Nokta it seems has already updated their site (pics) of the CoRe unit with membrane switches. So I guess one could complain now if the unit they receive doesn't look like the FORS CORE detector on Nokta's site.
January 13, 2015 01:24PM
I would rather they knock couple hundred off the rocker switch model. And no offense to kellyco,but that bogo stuff is cheasy.
January 13, 2015 01:27PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would rather they knock couple hundred off the
> rocker switch model. And no offense to kellyco,but
> that bogo stuff is cheasy.

That's putting it a LOT lighter than I would Ray!
January 13, 2015 01:35PM
I wait to hear your full review o fthis machine. I would love to have a coin/rellic specific detector to have in the stable as well.
January 13, 2015 04:26PM
The rockers is just a nit-picky thing I thought needed improving and I am glad they did. However, I have an upgraded touch pad FORS CoRe and my old FORS Gold and when I headed out yesterday I grabbed the Gold. The rockers are not a big deal. I turned on machine, used rockers to switch to DI3 and bump Gain to 60, and went detecting. No big deal.

Still, I had encouraged Kevin to wait. Since he pulled the trigger anyway I wanted to make sure he A. got the touch pads or B. beat a good discount out of Kellyco if they sold him the rockers. Big deal or not it will matter when he sells (and Kevin always sells) as the rocker models will probably suffer a discount on resale.

But Kevin, with Racer just weeks away........
January 13, 2015 04:28PM
that bogo stuff is cheasy!!! If you know what you are doing then don't take it to a hunt it will just be a waste of time but good stuff for someone that is new to the hobby like taking a freind to hunt....But it sounds like you made a great choice...I think that detector alone with the 5" coil is a must when you start out with a Deus and can't get the job done in heavy iron. That alone makes it a good buy...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 13, 2015 04:33PM
Well, I didn't bother them with the BOGO crap. The stuff that they had up was crap anyway. I DID call the salesman out (via email...lol) because he promised shipping yesterday and, to his credit, he sent me an email this morning stating that "shipping was down yesterday when the order was placed and that he would keep an eye on it throughout the day for me".
But when this unit comes in, it will be NO HOLDS BARRED. I will likely be sending out several PM's on how to properly do a comparative test. I have my trusty G2 and I feel that I know it quite well. It's a very simple machine. But from what I have been told by reputable people.....so is the Fors Core. I have some buried bullets, buttons, and coins that have been in the ground since last Feb.
I'll keep the rainguard on the control box to keep debris out of the rocker switches (if that is what I get).
In Tennessee, RIGHT NOW is our best hunting time. Well, I'll speak for myself: MY best hunting time. Deer season is closed. Turkey season is a couple of months away. The woods are clean. So there is a limit to just how long I can wait. If the Fors Core delivers and I am satisfied.....maybe a Racer will be in my future. Maybe one will anyway, especially since someone else will be distributing.
Thanks for the replies.
January 13, 2015 06:48PM
Cool Kevin!

I got 1st dibs when you sell it! ; )

Aaron
January 13, 2015 08:08PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Cool Kevin!
>
> I got 1st dibs when you sell it! ; )
>
> Aaron

Okay Aaron. I will keep the rain covers on it to make sure that nothing gets in the rocker switches (if that is the one that they send.
This is only the second time that I purchased From Kellyco. The first time, I purchased a 13 inch coil for an Omega or F5. I didn't realize that I could talk them down or anything, I am absolutely NO GOOD at haggling. That is why, when I sell a unit, I price it down low enough to where there would be no need for haggling.
I have just got permission to hunt some ground near Waterloo Alabama. There was a BIG skirmish along Second Creek. My father used to won about 167 acres there. There are a number of VERY old houseplaces on it. I DEARLY want to find a Large Cent!!!! Or possibly a Confederate Camp on one of the ridges overlooking the creek. There is also a year-round branch that empties into the creek. There are several old stills on the branch. Maybe some of the bootleggers reached into their pockets to pull out there pocket knife and pulled out some coinage. This will be a BIG trip. I will have to pack a lunch in and all of that good stuff.
January 14, 2015 12:23AM
Kevin, don't forget to take a compass or gps.....and protection,........ ya may run into Elle May, lol
January 14, 2015 12:34AM
Doubt that Ozzie, she just passed away unfortunately.

[www.cnn.com]
January 14, 2015 01:02AM
I heard about that tn. I should have used a different name. No disrespect intended.
January 14, 2015 01:13AM
That's OK. I just didn't know if you knew.
January 14, 2015 02:14AM
wish I ran into her during her prime!
January 14, 2015 02:19AM
No you wouldn't, you're forgetting about Granny and her shotgun!!!
January 14, 2015 02:26AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> No you wouldn't, you're forgetting about Granny
> and her shotgun!!!

Wouldnt be the first time I had too jump out a window at gunpoint,haha!
January 14, 2015 02:56AM
I am a divorced 51 yr old man. I came into my prime a bit late. In fact, I'm plumb in the middle of it (my prime, that is). It would be fine with me if I ran up on a country gal who chews and spits and carries a Crackshot (fer squirrels and such). Heck, the way I feel.....I'd probably propose. lol......
January 14, 2015 03:11AM
Hahahahahalol.... good sense of humor in you gents.
January 14, 2015 03:46AM
Oh man..dont know about chicks that chew Kev,haha.
January 14, 2015 04:01AM
Call me odd...I would rather a woman chew or dip snuff than to smoke. Being from the hills of Appalachian country, the women that dip are not as scarce as they are in other parts of the country. I know some hotties that dip a little snuff on occasion.