Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Really Wish First Texas (Fisher) Would Get it together?

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Really Wish First Texas (Fisher) Would Get it together?
January 20, 2015 09:27PM
When I tried the 2-tone mode last weekend, that terrible 'ma-ma' sound made the pinpoint about unusable. I air tested the AM depth and it was disappointing compared to what was being posted here.

Just called and spoke with Art about sending my upgraded F75 back to fix the ma-ma bug and depth loss in all metal mode.

Art said that both of these issues were "normal" by design in the upgrade ....

I said I'd still like to send it in and have it looked at because I'm reading online that people that reported these issues were able to send their F75's in and they were able to correct them. He took my name and number and said someone would call me back.

Right now MAKRO is looking pretty good smiling smiley
wjs
Re: Really Wish First Texas (Fisher) Would Get it together?
January 20, 2015 09:45PM
So now the issues are considered "normal". That is bad. Good luck on the call back. Its funny with 1st Texas, seems like they don't want to listen to the customer. I don't know how they stay in business.
January 20, 2015 09:45PM
I have been a solid Fisher user now for around 30 years. I have always had at least one Fisher over all that timeframe.

The sad truth is right now, if asked by a friend, I would tell them to never buy a new Fisher model or even an upgrade to an old model until at least 6 months has passed. I am not saying that to bash on Fisher at all. It is simply something I think now is backed by the facts at hand.

The T2 and F75 both needed revisions after release. The Fisher Gold Bug introduction in case people have forgotten was a disaster. Numerous revisions including one problem discovered by our very own Keith where the machine was dead on big silver. Then more recently we get the F19 which was immediately recalled due to a hardware issue. And now simply updating an existing machine results in all this mess.

I like the company and its products and I like the people that work there. But they have a problem, plain and simple. If at least the top end machines were upgradeable by software download we could perhaps be more forgiving of early release issues. Right now honestly, I think a person has to be about nuts to be first up to buy a First Texas detector. Again, not trying to bash at all. I think that is a fair and honest evaluation of how I feel about the situation, and I bet a lot of people feel the same way. I have no idea what their problems are and I frankly do not care. But whatever it is somebody high up the food chain had better take notice and demand something be done about it.

First Texas purchased the Fisher brand name in large part because it had a reputation for quality that the Bounty Hunter name lacks. The hope of course would be that maybe everything would rise up to that standard, but anymore it sure seems like all we are seeing is Bounty Hunter with a different decal. Sorry guys, that is just the unvarnished truth as I see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2015 09:50PM by Steve Herschbach.
January 20, 2015 09:55PM
And what have we seen with the (relatively) new companies, such as Notka, by way of issues? Very little....and those issues that have come about are minor and remedied in short order. What about XP? Again, relatively new to the industry and entirely new in their detector concept and (again), very little in way of software bugs, bad coils, etc.... What is this telling us?
January 20, 2015 10:18PM
OK, I feel better. Juan called me, and acknowledged the issues I reported and is sending me a shipping label for the F75 to go back.

I have a brand new T2 LDT2/DST machine coming this week, and I haven't seen anything on the forums about T2 DST issues, so I asked Juan. He said they haven't had any T2 DST issues, it was only the F75. I'll see if I can learn the T2 while the F75 is in for repairs.

From the other reports of the DST "redos" it sounds like they are doing a good job of fixing them. I did really enjoy hunting in 3H BP mode last weekend, I was getting some deep targets and it was quite. I bet 2L BP mode will be killer without that annoying mama bug smiling smiley
January 20, 2015 10:31PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, I feel better. Juan called me, and
> acknowledged the issues I reported and is sending
> me a shipping label for the F75 to go back.
>
> I have a brand new T2 LDT2/DST machine coming this
> week, and I haven't seen anything on the forums
> about T2 DST issues, so I asked Juan. He said
> they haven't had any T2 DST issues, it was only
> the F75. I'll see if I can learn the T2 while the
> F75 is in for repairs.
>
> From the other reports of the DST "redos" it
> sounds like they are doing a good job of fixing
> them. I did really enjoy hunting in 3H BP mode
> last weekend, I was getting some deep targets and
> it was quite. I bet 2L BP mode will be killer
> without that annoying mama bug smiling smiley

So Brian, you are getting good depth in our central coast dirt ? What kind of depth are you seeing with the F75DST?

El
January 21, 2015 12:37AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> I have been a solid Fisher user now for around 30
> years. I have always had at least one Fisher over
> all that timeframe.
>
> The sad truth is right now, if asked by a friend,
> I would tell them to never buy a new Fisher model
> or even an upgrade to an old model until at least
> 6 months has passed. I am not saying that to bash
> on Fisher at all. It is simply something I think
> now is backed by the facts at hand.
>
> The T2 and F75 both needed revisions after
> release. The Fisher Gold Bug introduction in case
> people have forgotten was a disaster. Numerous
> revisions including one problem discovered by our
> very own Keith where the machine was dead on big
> silver. Then more recently we get the F19 which
> was immediately recalled due to a hardware issue.
> And now simply updating an existing machine
> results in all this mess.
>
> I like the company and its products and I like the
> people that work there. But they have a problem,
> plain and simple. If at least the top end machines
> were upgradeable by software download we could
> perhaps be more forgiving of early release issues.
> Right now honestly, I think a person has to be
> about nuts to be first up to buy a First Texas
> detector. Again, not trying to bash at all. I
> think that is a fair and honest evaluation of how
> I feel about the situation, and I bet a lot of
> people feel the same way. I have no idea what
> their problems are and I frankly do not care. But
> whatever it is somebody high up the food chain had
> better take notice and demand something be done
> about it.
>
> First Texas purchased the Fisher brand name in
> large part because it had a reputation for quality
> that the Bounty Hunter name lacks. The hope of
> course would be that maybe everything would rise
> up to that standard, but anymore it sure seems
> like all we are seeing is Bounty Hunter with a
> different decal. Sorry guys, that is just the
> unvarnished truth as I see it.

They don't call em "Bounty Fisher" for nothing!

I ALWAYS had a CZ of some sort in the tool shed for over 20 yrs and before that I had a 1266x that I used for a few yrs as you couldn't go wrong but the only one I've had since Fisher sold out is the GBP which wasn't a bad little machine at all once they fixed the issues with it

but/and at the same time - there's just been way too many "mishaps" with nearly every machine they release it seems since FT took over

all you've gotta do is read back through the last 5 or so yrs on here of all the Fisher related threads and you'll see a sad pattern slowly come to light

Ive never owned the F75 but I don't want one after all I've seen/read about it for the last 7/8 yrs

the only one I'd even consider at this point is the F19 and that's only a "maybe"!
January 21, 2015 12:59AM
Elbert Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OK, I feel better. Juan called me, and
> > acknowledged the issues I reported and is
> sending
> > me a shipping label for the F75 to go back.
> >
> > I have a brand new T2 LDT2/DST machine coming
> this
> > week, and I haven't seen anything on the forums
> > about T2 DST issues, so I asked Juan. He said
> > they haven't had any T2 DST issues, it was only
> > the F75. I'll see if I can learn the T2 while
> the
> > F75 is in for repairs.
> >
> > From the other reports of the DST "redos" it
> > sounds like they are doing a good job of fixing
> > them. I did really enjoy hunting in 3H BP mode
> > last weekend, I was getting some deep targets
> and
> > it was quite. I bet 2L BP mode will be killer
> > without that annoying mama bug smiling smiley
>
> So Brian, you are getting good depth in our
> central coast dirt ? What kind of depth are you
> seeing with the F75DST?
>
> El

Hi El,

I'm getting great depth now. My usual hunt settings are 9.0 mode, disc 0-4 (maybe 7 if lots of small iron), 3H tones, BP, and 99 sensitivity. I'm getting some very deep targets. Matter of fact, when I was hunting with Tom, I had him check a signal with his Explorer2 and he couldn't hear it. I dug it and it was a deep mini-ball. I have had a couple of problematic sites, but now that I've been able to use it for a few months, and taken it back to sites that I previously hunted that had EMI issues, I'm quite impressed with it. I feel the better EMI handling has allowed me to get deeper and better targets. I'm digging less trash, and more keepers.

Brian
January 21, 2015 01:00AM
Funny I complained about FT communication and quality control on another thread and got bashed.Funny how things happen ant it.
Guess it depends on who you pissed off.

Anyway sounds like communication within the company is not any better than with the customer.

Good luck guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2015 01:02AM by Pac man.
January 21, 2015 01:12AM
I wonder if the staff at FT ever have meetings or perhaps share email traffic. When the phone rings, it seems the story you get depends on who answers the phone. You would think by now with all the problems they would at least be on the same page. How many different folks do they have answering the phone when calling about upgrade or upgrade troubles/complaints??? This is the 21 century. I wonder if FT knows. Maybe they are communicating with the ole string and cups!! Can't someone put together a fact sheet on this F75 upgrade and spread it around to the service folks. They could then take it home maybe and study it. The term Mickey Mouse comes to mind every time I read a post with someone and their details on communications with FT.
January 21, 2015 01:31AM
When I first called Fisher and talked with Juan, he said the mama sound was normal in the 2 tone mode. After that I sent and email to Mike and Gene and explained what I was experiencing. Gene said that was not normal and whoever told me that mis-spoke. That was on Sunday....I see they have educated their staff..and rather quickly.

Everyone at Fisher has been very helpful. I even received email replies on the weekend. I just hope everything gets straightened out....and soon, this weather we are having in the Sierras is phenominal, I'm without a coin/relic machine, and just got permission to hunt a 1900's house. Had to send my AT gold in for service. I sent it in thinking I would have the new F75 LTD 2 to hunt with. Man was I wrong on that one LOL. Down to the GPX 5000...so gold hunting it is :-)

Hope it works out for you.

Kenny
January 21, 2015 02:35AM
All fisher has to do is start designing again and make a new flagship..you would think after all of these years they are on top of it but while they spin their wheels we are buying from Turkey and France and Russia to name a few. The market has changed and they may never gain back our trust and our money...I can see that being on top is just like being on the bottom

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 21, 2015 03:05AM
Needless to say, after the Fisher Facebook post, and Mike Scott's post, I though the FT crew would be up on the DST upgrade issues.

Looks like you need to get to Juan and he'll take care of things. After seeing the reports posted by others that got their machines back the second time, it looks like they have addressed the issues.

Fingers crossed smiling smiley
January 21, 2015 03:59AM
Hi,,,,LoL....LoL.....What about the CZ-3D they still have not got that one right yet,,it's pathetic..LoL...Even before the 75's upgrade issue,,, I seen and heard how the machines varied so much between each other....Some were noisy some lacked depth some handled EMI some were unusable etc....etc....etc....I have heard so many different excuses and reasons why they have this issue....If I was to put together all of the stuff that was said from FT and other people in a text document....I bet you would laugh so hard you would have tears coming out of your eyes....LoL.........It's crazy.........JJ

PS: I'm not bashing,crashing,smashing or trashing anyone just because I'm dashing don't mean I want to give anyone a thrashing...
January 21, 2015 05:41AM
I hear ya. I'm still complaining about a brand new cz. And above it all I still want a proper working f75. But honesty it will probably be a deus. Its really beyond me how they are still in business. Is I'd the one time hobby camper buying a bounty hunter?
January 21, 2015 04:34PM
I wrote fisher off when a man from FT who Claimed to be in:Marketing,Sales,and New Products development informed us that HE was not involved in Quality Control. Has Anyone who has ever been involved in Marketing,Sales, and New Product development Not been involved with Quality Control?? Not actually performing the tests ones self,BUT watching Quality Control.But I guess it Can happen--we are witnessing it.