Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

You guys with the new Racers are being awful quiet

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: You guys with the new Racers are being awful quiet
January 25, 2015 08:04PM
What we have been witnessing a few years is that the giants sleep. First sleeper to get kicked was Minelab in Europe when XP delievered different detectors producing more finds and finds that the Minelabs could not see.

Now we have several companies from abroad moving in with detectors people like. Detectors that produce, have the " sound " and are different.

The dynamic market has finally hit the US detector market wich until now can be described as stable. They must think new, not " new " as IBM where they failed but really really new.

Read this..

[en.wikipedia.org]
January 25, 2015 08:25PM
as regards the headphones...I'm curious since I've been trying to understand the wireless issues with bluetooth in general when used with any detector.
just searching online a little shows that audio 'lag' is the big culprit. Kleer proprietary technology seems to work (Sennheiser RS160 for example has it) and it requires that tech for both transmitter and headphones. 'Apt-X low latency' is another proprietary technology that may also work if it resides both in the transmitter and headphones.
I looked at the specs for the Philips SHB7000 Bluetooth Headphones sold by Makro for the Racer and they seem to be standard bluetooth with no proprietary tech that I know of.
I asked Dilek (via forums) about the transmitter used (who makes it/what codec is used) but haven't gotten a response....just curious how they implemented their version...
January 25, 2015 08:41PM
You never know. Until tested.

I have used many bluethooth setups and all have some kind of lag. It is the downside of bluethooth.

Some places it is no problem with some lag and other places I had to use wired.

What if there is no lag or to little to worry about with this bluethooth set up ?

Hard to imagine for me but what if ? And what if it has some lag as we all know comes with regular bluethooth
January 25, 2015 09:15PM
I liked the setup Minelab uses for the CTX...allowing folks to use any headphones with the receiver (clipped onto your belt) was great...I could use earbuds when it was too hot, noise cancelling phones when too noisy, etc.

I never had any issues with lag or interference and I only used it in busy urban areas....don't know what tech they used but it's bulletproof....hope they can migrate it to newer, lightweight models also...I miss the CTX but not the weight..
January 25, 2015 09:32PM
Both Minelab CTX and Deus and several other XP s allow you to use your own preferred headphone as wireless. The reciever could be smaller.

Whites do not.

Todays technology allows for a very very small reciever. So small it can be hidden anywhere you want if you want to be absolutely free.

WHY ? has no US manufacturer developed a reciever ( only) that actually is designed as small as possible for this kind of use ?
January 25, 2015 09:53PM
OldandBold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Both Minelab CTX and Deus and several other XP s
> allow you to use your own preferred headphone as
> wireless. The reciever could be smaller.
>
> Whites do not.
>
> Todays technology allows for a very very small
> reciever. So small it can be hidden anywhere you
> want if you want to be absolutely free.
>
> WHY ? has no US manufacturer developed a reciever
> ( only) that actually is designed as small as
> possible for this kind of use ?

yes, agreed...I noticed that there are some USB bluetooth transmitters (that include the apt-X codec) for PC's that are not much bigger than the connector! certainly a receiver could also be tiny...
January 26, 2015 04:31AM
I was thinking about trying this bluetooth transmitter:

[www.miccus.com]

I have their BT receiver that I used to make a TDK TP6803BLK Boombox (this isn't your fathers boombox!!) work with smartphones, and it works great. I don't know if the BT transmitter would have lag or not?