Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is the T2 LTD just as good as the F75 LTD, performance-wise?

Posted by Mojave 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Is the T2 LTD just as good as the F75 LTD, performance-wise?
April 28, 2010 09:28AM
Sorry if this has been asked already...

I see that the T2 LTD is going to be $200 cheaper than the F75 LTD. Is the back light, one extra preset setting, the Fisher brand name, and the ability to save settings when turning the detector off worth the extra 2 bills? Or is there some other performance advantage that the Fisher has that I am not aware of?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2010 09:28AM by Mojave.
Re: Is the T2 LTD just as good as the F75 LTD, performance-wise?
April 28, 2010 12:03PM
Mojave,

Good question. I never used either detector before, but what I do not understand is in todays world, how the heck can any digital detector with presets costing over $500 not have the ability to save the current settings when turned off ?

I know there are a lot of times, when beach hunting with my brother or friends, where I have a hit a target and I wanted them to check it out ( or vice versa ). Since most times when we get close to each other, the machines go wacky, I turn mine off. Since I mostly use my 6a, it's just a flick of the switch back on and I am up and running. Shouldn't that be the same with any new machine today ? If one has his/her machine tuned just right for the conditions, they should be able to turn it off, and then back on and those same settings should load up.

Why does one have to save to a preset prior to that ?

Sorry...just venting but it just blows my mind when I hear machines do not have the ability to save the current settings when the unit is turned off. Is it that much of a cost saving ?

If I had to answer your question, I would say the back light and the ability to save the current setting is worth the extra $200 because I would feel there are other advantages of the F75 LTD over the T2 LTD that are not advertised.

JC
Re: Is the T2 LTD just as good as the F75 LTD, performance-wise?
April 28, 2010 03:05PM
F75 still remains the Flagship.......and is a bit deeper. That's the primary reason.
The MOST major difference performance wise in my and other's opinion is:
April 28, 2010 03:14PM
The T2 LTD is locked in two tone mode in the BP and CL (boost) modes whereas the F75 LTD can use all the tones in the BP and CL which I think is a real bummer for the T2 LTD sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2010 03:15PM by christopher-ohio.