Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How many of you detect when it's dark...

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How many of you detect when it's dark...
January 28, 2015 02:39AM
Nokta/Makro units that have the built in light. That one LED however powerful it is, really is bright. Hard to believe you can get that much out of 1 LED. Don't discount it's use as a gimmick. Great feature..........
Re: How many of you detect when it's dark...
January 28, 2015 02:42AM
And no glare!!!!!
January 28, 2015 03:10AM
Yeah,Im kinda diggin that! I hunt EARLY am often. Not so much midfle of the night,too many rattlers.
January 28, 2015 03:23AM
I just got back inside from park hunting to test a detector repair. Much prefer the dark...and I can usually run a little more gain at night, since that giant thermo-nuclear reactor in the sky is spitting out it's EMF somewhere else.

smiling smiley
mike
January 28, 2015 03:46AM
We hunted South Carolina in the dark we hunted the strips and court house. The Cops didn't say anything and you can go from one neighborhood that is middle class to the next that is poor and scary. We found so many silver coins and large cents that night it blew my mind so much that I couldn't sleep when we got home about 1 in the morning...I did a lot of parks in Marin and San Francisco at night and it is a lot slower but we didn't have to deal with all of the people. But now I like the day when I can see what is in front and in back of me. We also did beach hunting and dug a few gold rings kind of fun with a head lamp.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 03:51AM by Lawrenzo.
January 28, 2015 03:47AM
I do.
The light is a great idea, not that I would have it on while hunting.

Aaron
January 28, 2015 04:02AM
I hunt a lot at night. Fields, cellarholes, and so on. Coyotes are the only thing you have to keep and eye out for especially in February and March , they are a little hungry after long winters and they pack up so you have to carry more then a stick lol. I use a 20 volt Cajun light the you would use for coonhunting very bright. Corey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 04:03AM by docbars.
January 28, 2015 04:08AM
I hunt alot at night this time of year...

no snakes.to step on...

the light is nice but once you set it down to dig its in the wrong place.But if you dont have your headlamp gear its a great last minute save...

To be truthful I love my cap mounted headlight the best..

Keith
January 28, 2015 05:45AM
I like hunting a low tide under a full moon,just me, the beach and the ocean......peaceful.
January 28, 2015 10:22AM
I prefer hunting the wee hours of the morning. Use a cap mounted led light the size of a half dollar that is just the right amount of light.
January 28, 2015 04:22PM
Hunt with a buddy...Lots of critters out there including two legged ones..
January 28, 2015 04:46PM
Hunt various places at night. I generally enjoy night hunting, it's quite, surreal, peaceful, and I already have a blinding light....it's the backlight you can't turn off on my F75 smiling smiley
January 28, 2015 04:50PM
At night there is much less interference.
More finds light up then if upgrading detector during daytime. An Explorer lights up like a candle and see like an owl if you compare to daytime.
All interference come from a source that is energy driven.
The largest energysource we know is the sun. It can play out on any energydriven device, including MD s.
The thing is that you have to experience it to believe it. Once you are convinced, you are certain.
January 28, 2015 05:09PM
I can't stand the f75 back light at night..it will snow blind you...

I actually have to have a headlamp on to offset the GLOW...

Keith
January 28, 2015 05:38PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't stand the f75 back light at night..it will
> snow blind you...
>
> I actually have to have a headlamp on to offset
> the GLOW...
>
> Keith

If it's a full moon, it's tolerable, if not, it's blinding. No idea what they were thinking (cost savings?) by deciding to leave it on 100% of the time. I'm tempted to crack open my F75 and see if it's possible to add a on/off switch to it smiling smiley

HH,
Brian
January 28, 2015 05:49PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I can't stand the f75 back light at night..it will
> snow blind you...
>
> I actually have to have a headlamp on to offset
> the GLOW...
>
> Keith

Agree, it is nearly useless in dark conditions.
January 28, 2015 05:57PM
I use red theater lighting gel with transfer tape to hold it in place on both the F75 andCTX. The transfer tape rubs right off when you want to remove it.
January 28, 2015 05:59PM
Crosby Wrote:
> I use red theater lighting gel with transfer tape
> to hold it in place on both the F75 andCTX. The
> transfer tape rubs right off when you want to
> remove it.

Have any extra?
January 28, 2015 06:03PM
Yea if you hunt in public places at night you must keep an eye open for the 2 legged creatures. Lots of methheads and all out thiefs among us
January 28, 2015 06:07PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Crosby Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I use red theater lighting gel with transfer
> tape
> > to hold it in place on both the F75 andCTX. The
> > transfer tape rubs right off when you want to
> > remove it.
>
> Have any extra?
Sure. Text me when you get a chance.
January 28, 2015 06:10PM
Night - City - Girl - Scary - No way unless I had two big guys or a guard dog. May be ok in rural area.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 10:41PM by Bryannagirl.
January 28, 2015 06:26PM
Hi,,,I do hunt at night on occasion but I see no real functionality for the light in my situations ....I guess you could blind the competition with it and take away their night vision for awhile..LoL...JJ
January 28, 2015 06:42PM
Everything is more fun at night. Fishing is better too. I have extremely good vision at night. I can see better than most all my buddies at night...whether it was frog gigging, fishing, or hiding from the cops for doing those crazy things we did as young people. I could find my way through the woods without a light. When I coon hunted I did just that a lot of times til I got to the tree the dogs were at.

I have only detected a few times at night. We started during the summer when it was just too hot to hunt the open fields. Much more tolerable. The only thing I didn't like was when the dew fell and would end up soaked (here in the south it is extremely humid at nights...sometimes it's like it has rained) if you didn't wear waterproof boots/shoes your feet would get soaked from the dew.
January 28, 2015 08:12PM
When younger use to hunt at night a lot,but NO light--those park rangers didn't understand.This was back when the MetroTec was the Hot machine---so it's been a while.
January 29, 2015 12:19AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Hunt various places at night. I generally enjoy
> night hunting, it's quite, surreal, peaceful, and
> I already have a blinding light....it's the
> backlight you can't turn off on my F75 smiling smiley

Nowadays most would just think it's a cell phone lol
January 29, 2015 03:56AM
I do alot of bass fishin at night. Used to walk the banks,the bass move up shallow and feed heavy after dark. Took my wife once. I would not let her turn on a flashlight,cause it spooks the fish. Seen a dark'stick'shape on ground in front of us,tried to steer my wife away from it,without drawing attention to it...too late...she turned the flashlight on...big ole rattler...last time I ever took her night fishin,lol.
January 29, 2015 04:21AM
I usually detect a pillow under my head at nite. C'mon JJ top that!!
January 29, 2015 04:39AM
Hi,,,, When your hunting at night and your light kinda goes splat Detect-arrhea
When your driving in Chevy and your pants are kinda heavy Detect-arrhea
January 29, 2015 04:42AM
I knew you could do it!!!
January 29, 2015 05:09AM
JJ...when you going on your stand up tour?haha