Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Racer unpacking Video & inital testing Video// Gold Nugget test added

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: My Racer unpacking Video & inital testing Video
February 07, 2015 07:19AM
So am I correct that it is just what they said it would be? Its a good thing I have an XP Deus to pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 07, 2015 08:26AM
Can you do a video about how well the Makro racer identifies bottlecaps?
February 07, 2015 01:54PM
Do you have a video showing a the 10" dime being buried and measured?
February 07, 2015 02:25PM
Good morning keith thanks for the vids.. Whenever you get a chance can you measure the racer from handle to coil max extension please..im tall and need tall man rods on everything... I have the newest f75ltd and will be buying the racer when its avail..
February 07, 2015 02:32PM
Etsija82 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you do a video about how well the Makro racer
> identifies bottlecaps?
Heck yeah I second that question!! I have went through a ton of detectors that had a love for them and they didn't stay in my stable due to that.
February 07, 2015 03:15PM
Hi Keith,,,,are you testing and showing videos of a prototype or a regular production run unit?....JJ
February 07, 2015 03:21PM
whats the details on the dongle and headphones ??how good are they and finding coins with the vibrator on its own is how accurate ??
and how do they compare with deus phones ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2015 03:23PM by diggers.
February 07, 2015 03:48PM
Hi,,,,For those of you that follow my Crystal Ball readings....LoL....I see the 5.5"x 10" DD Coil will be the coil to use for the best depth and separation on the Racer.........JJ
February 07, 2015 03:52PM
Hi Keith,
Can you make me some bacon,eggs & grits? Haha
February 07, 2015 05:00PM
No iron vol that is a bummer man

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 07, 2015 05:02PM
deathray Wrote:
> Hi Keith,
> Can you make me some bacon,eggs & grits? Haha

LoL

don't forget the OJ!
February 07, 2015 05:04PM
It is about half the price of the deus and has the small coil..I would do a test with the small coil and then the same test with the deus and the 9" coil and see what happens...so have the price and no real way to program it other then the presets have a few adjusments...well bang for the buck not bad but...seems like it may give the AT Gold and Pro a run for the money..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 07, 2015 05:25PM
By, by, American pie,ummmm make that deus.
Re: Heres a Night shot of the Screen and Control Cursor
February 07, 2015 07:00PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> [i957.photobucket.com]
> ght_zps4825ea5d.jpg
>
> you can choose to have the screen only light when
> changes are made or when a target I.D. comes up..
>
> or have it stay on till you turn it off..
>
> The Control Cursor is rubber and very tactile...
>
> Keith

Keith thanks for the night shot of the screen lighting. Too bad they didn't make the screen backlighting red like the F19, that would've been sick.

Question for you, how does the screen look at the lowest brightness setting? Do the red cursor buttons also change intensity when changing the screen intensity?

Looking forward to your future reports!

Thanks,
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2015 07:06PM by Cal_cobra.
February 08, 2015 12:30AM
detectingMO Wrote:
> Do you have a video showing a the 10" dime being
> buried and measured?

Why would you ask such a question?

Tom in SC
February 08, 2015 12:45AM
deathray Wrote:
> Hi Keith,
> Can you make me some bacon,eggs & grits? Haha

Good one! Some people...geesh...
February 08, 2015 12:50AM
Keith, What other detectors have you had hit that 13" nickel? Also can you post the video of you digging, measuring and covering up that 13" nickel? Just kidding on that last comment buddy!
February 08, 2015 12:59AM
Etsija82 Wrote:
> Can you do a video about how well the Makro racer
> identifies bottlecaps?

I will have to locate one first...Im sure it probably hits them about like the G2 or other high gain units...

Keith
February 08, 2015 01:01AM
40" from handle to bottom of coil wiht botom pole in last hole.....total length is 54" ...

Im 6.1" and Im comfortable at the last hole...

Keith
February 08, 2015 01:02AM
Regular production Jimmy..

Keith
Re: Heres a Night shot of the Screen and Control Cursor
February 08, 2015 01:09AM
Hey Brian yes as you turn down the intensity the cursor pad goes down too..

Ive ran the screen on bright for about 3 hours now yesterday and this evening and ran the flashlight also same amount and the battery bars are still full...and they have about 8 hours on them right now...

the Noktas and now Makros seem to be battery misers...

Youll really like the flashlight...it seems to light up an area better than the Core...more of a 180 degree field compared to the CoRe more like 120 degree...also the housing cover is clear on the back side so the light works fine through it..

Keith
February 08, 2015 01:27AM
Keith,pm me your adress..gonna send ya a small nug or two for playing with.
Real world hunt (Video)
February 08, 2015 01:37AM
Nothing earth shattering found but I think it will give you a feel for the depth and sounds ...

medium iron contamination site..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith
February 08, 2015 01:39AM
Hey Ray that woud be Awesome ...

Im indebted to you Sir!

Keith
February 08, 2015 02:27AM
Hi Keith,,,,Thanks for the reply...........JJ
February 08, 2015 05:30AM
Great video of your hunting Keith. That machine looks like a capable home site unit,.....even with the 11 inch coil. Thanks for up loading these vids for us to see!!! Uploading vids onto Youtube is a time consuming process (for me). Great job!!! I love finding those toe taps.
February 08, 2015 12:42PM
So to sum this one up its nothing new and amazing ?.... more or less the same performance as the Fisher F19 but with some extra features but harsh on audio.... Plus side is having wireless headphones though but at extra cost.

Come on manufactures let's get a whole new machine and not pinch a tiny gain here or there, let's break the mould and have something that blows us all away... Getting bored of all these machines that do the same thing just repackaged.... No disrespect to Nokta/Makro but it's like they didn't release any footage of the machine because they knew it performs like most other machines out there now, if I had something unique I would be shouting and showing it off like a lunatic but they kept us in the dark and look around on the many forums and people are like Hmmmm not impressed.

Things might change after a few more field tests but to me it's not something I'm itching to get hold of, will test and review one if the time arises but just can't see anything amazing happening with it... I found a gold coin at 7-8 inches with a bottom of the range Deeptech, Good ground is the number 1 key then a machine then luck.
February 08, 2015 03:16PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> It is about half the price of the deus and has the
> small coil..I would do a test with the small coil
> and then the same test with the deus and the 9"
> coil and see what happens...so have the price and
> no real way to program it other then the presets
> have a few adjusments...well bang for the buck not
> bad but...seems like it may give the AT Gold and
> Pro a run for the money..

not in the UK a deus lite is cheaper than a racer after recent price cuts ,with WS5 and 11 inch coil
February 08, 2015 03:34PM
Hi Ziggy,,,What's new an amazing so far has been, for the first time we have a manufacture that actually listens and communicates with their potential customers....So far there is also indications that the Racer may provide us with similar or better performance levels at a fraction of the cost when compared to other machines.....The jury's still out on that though, along with other things pertaining to the Racer....I'm sure we will have a better grasp on the outcome in the next few weeks....JJ
February 08, 2015 07:52PM
Most welcome and thanks Kevin...

And no the Racer is not some new area 51 tech...its just a machine that has looked at what is working right now in the market and inserted them into a new unit..I feel its a T2/GMP hybrid for simplification..

What's funny is the shortcomings I find of the CoRe like weird configured pistol grip and such compared to the anticipation of the New Racer's ergonomic heads up display and such leaves me still leaning towards the CoRe at the moment...

I have about I have about 13 hours of hunt time on the Racer now and they are very very similar...almost dead even with slight depth advantage to higher conductors to the Racer...

Yet I like the Audio report of the CoRe better..They're the same mind you but different to a slight degree...the Core feels a tad bit more reactive to the smaller stuff im after and especially the thinner on edge type thing's...

If you never had a Core then you would never notice the differences,,And Im very anal about things so I pick up on little things most I know would not give two shakes at...

The Bluetooth for me is something I would not use...it works ...but again it looses some of the audio nuance/finesse that the Killlerb's give me plugged in...Something is lost in transmission...And I do feel a slight slight lag...not like most bluetooth but its still there...a proprietary system is what others use for wireless and I know why...Again im overly picky about audio...its there if you need it...Im really not a wirless person...

The DEUS is king of wireles audio and it cant be discounted that its a in house design that helps them achieve success..

The ergonoimics seem beautiful but take a toll on your forearm with stock coil after a couple of hours...Its the shape of the S-Pole...its to right angled...and with bottom pole exteneded all the way it leads to a forearm pull..

To me to make the most out of the Racer for me a pistol grip for the housing would be in order...a rigid grip...like the core but no switches on the grip leave everything like it is and set it on top of a simple pitol grip...

all preliminary and things I see and feel.

machine is quite deep in disc mode in my dirt on coin sized things...

I am having issues unmasking in iron with the small coil as well as I do with CoRe with small coil..not exactly sure why but the small coil causes me to chase more iron as good targets even on low sens...does it more inpacked tight dirt...loose flipped tilled type soil it does not seem to as bad..

and yes my Tones are out of Order from 1-5...4 setting on my machine is highest tone then 5 is lower...2 is higher than 3...1 seems the lowest then they are out of progression..Not sure if this is by design or not..

Target I.D on isloated targets to medium depth of say 6 inches or so is very accurate on stock coil...

Keith