Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Racer unpacking Video & inital testing Video// Gold Nugget test added

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: My Racer unpacking Video & inital testing Video// Gold Nugget test added
February 12, 2015 09:19PM
First, to see testers being very open and honest on this forum and the company letting them do that is so cool. So Keith and Tom are testers...the company may still tweek it a bit seeing what has been reported so far...and they won't let any info out on the racer gold and they can really tweek that machine before letting it be tested..way to go I think the bigger compaines have so many detectors out that they have lost track on releasing their new flagship detectors...I would think they sell more world wide but they have lost a lot of the trust we had in them. Can you go from where they are to where the company that makes the racer is...I don't think so..just my thoughts

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 11:31PM by Lawrenzo.
Re: My Racer unpacking Video & inital testing Video
February 12, 2015 11:17PM
Im Sure the 5x10 would be an awesome go to coil for day in day out use...

I too as you are aware am a Huge 5x10 DD coil fan ..and for good reason...they just simply perform well for relics...And the type pof brushy site we hunt..

Hope you dont have to wait long for the Racer Kevin..

Keith
February 12, 2015 11:21PM
I think on the racer Gold I remember reading Lawrenzo they had not decided on freq yet...

although with what I see on the Racer in the Testing I did in the video it seems to be holding its own pretty well on the 14Khz..

Im sure it will be very similar though ...maybe one less mode or a freq tweak.

Keith
February 12, 2015 11:35PM
Do you think a freq of say 15 or 18 would be a game changer? On the deus a lot of hunters I was with were using 8-12 and a few 4 not many using 18 and as Tom wrote on in a post the 18 on a hunted out area will surprize you on what it will find. In my dirt I don't see that but in his dirt that may be ture...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

February 12, 2015 11:46PM
I would not run a DEUS on any freq but 18Khz..

and I cant say Lawrenzo if they were to say do 19Khz on a Racer Gold if it would be a "game changer"...It would take more than a freq tweak to see in iron on a whole new level....

I feel the reason the CoRe and Racer unmask well is from less filtering of signal and more blendy tone roll's...coupled with tight DD coils..

To add a higher freq to the mix im sure would see smaller isolated targets.. but it may also cause more falsing in iron to boot...whatever tech they have developed im sure they have the magic working in that freq locale filtering wise...if the go higher MAYBE a tad bit more filtering would be required...???Who Knows but the designer...

The DEUS unmask with a round DD coil that is not very tight but still dos amazing things..the DEUS seems to be the type detector that its picking up everything and then you choose through settings what to remove AUDIBLY either through tone assignment or blanking...100 % DSP at work...

Keith
February 13, 2015 12:14AM
Yes, a higher frequency on the Racer should make it a world class brass button unit, one would think. For me, Civil War buttons are funny items. They often ID at different numbers. If they are lying flat in the ground, they ID like a coin quite often. But if that sucker is on edge, wow......easy to miss. I have a button(or rather HAD a button) buried in my test garden. The soil in this are was three bar bouncing to 4 bar (on the F75SEver2). It would barely pick the button up and would actually miss the button when circling the target. Whereas, the G2 or F19 would hit on the button while circling all the way around. As I have learned, the fact that the G2 and F19 are 19khz machines makes one logically assume that the higher frequency units gave the upper hand. (wow......what did I just say?) I'm already confusing myself.
To be fully frank.....I really WOULD be better off with a very simply 'turn on and go' unit............such as the Racer. I just do NOT have an analytical mind that is required for 'learning a detector'. I'll hush and crawl back under my rock. lol
February 13, 2015 12:25AM
No No Kevin ...Very good thinking ...a high freq does resonate the lower conductor buttons better ...dont crawl under a rock.LOL..Keep your thoughts flowing..

Keith
February 13, 2015 01:25AM
I'd like to see a test of the 5" small coil with the gold... please :-)
February 13, 2015 01:42AM
Kevin I think you should get your deus back and get the racer then you should have the best of both worlds and with the software update being tested in the US for the US market it should be a win, win. Now you have the small coil for lots of iron and that is a must and with the racer your buttons should be easy to find. On the deus I was finding flat buttons on their side with a freq of 12 I tried 18 and same hit they were about 8 inches deep.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

February 13, 2015 02:58AM
Ill see what I can do..!!

Keith
Small coil Small nuggets test (VIDEO)
March 04, 2015 10:59PM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 05, 2015 03:24AM
Im pretty impressed how well it hits that subgrain piece in Two-tone. Of course ,everything changes in the dirt,but may be a good choice for those nuggetspots around the camps. Really like that display too. Thanks for posting. Oh yeah,nice ingenuity on using those zip ties! Ray
March 05, 2015 08:22PM
Thanks Ray...

Yes the Racer and CoRe are very sensitve to Nuggets it so seems...

I may even go on a limb and say its one of the best multi use machines at ALSO seing small gold...A tad better than a F19 or G2...

I feel the F19 is going to be the competiton machine for the Racer...close to the same price close to same performance in dirt aslo I feel from what im seeing...

Racer has three tones but F19 has notching and variable tone break ...though the Racer really does not need that it so seems...also the small coil on the Racer is more powerful against small F19 coil..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 05, 2015 08:44PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Ray...
>
> Yes the Racer and CoRe are very sensitve to
> Nuggets it so seems...
>
> I may even go on a limb and say its one of the
> best multi use machines at ALSO seing small
> gold...A tad better than a F19 or G2...
>
> I feel the F19 is going to be the competiton
> machine for the Racer...close to the same price
> close to same performance in dirt aslo I feel from
> what im seeing...
>
> Racer has three tones but F19 has notching and
> variable tone break ...though the Racer really
> does not need that it so seems...also the small
> coil on the Racer is more powerful against small
> F19 coil..
>
> Keith

Sounds like two good machines to have in the arsenal (Racer & F-19).-----I'll have 'em both--that is they ever get the Racer Pro packs shipped out! smiling smiley-----I still have that Tek 5" coil I bought from you Keith.----It's been a good coil to have on the F-19 or GB Pro.-----Even at that---I like the stock 5 X 10 on the F-19 the best---Seems to work really well on that detector also has a nice tight foot print & gets you some ground coverage at the same time.------It would be very interesting to compare the 5 X 10's on the Racer & F-19.---Have you done that yet?---------Del
March 05, 2015 10:31PM
I dont have a 5x10 Racer coil Del..

So no way to know..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla