Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any advise on a Fisher CZ7a

Posted by Blackadder43 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any advise on a Fisher CZ7a
May 08, 2010 07:51PM
Hi, on another forum a guy is selling a Fisher CZ7a, do any of you guys own one or have used one?
Tom whats your take on this machine?
Jeb
Re: Any advise on a Fisher CZ7a
May 08, 2010 08:00PM
A pretty good detector if you can get to use one properly. The only bug bear was trouble with the touch key pad at times I believe.But plenty of little bells n whistles to play with on it. Worth trying if you havn`t used one before .
May 09, 2010 09:01AM
Thanks Jeb......am i right in assuming the battery pack is mounted under the arm rest?
Making it unbalanced and heavy?
May 09, 2010 12:12PM
Assuming it functions per design, it's a very good unit. You may want to ask where the batteries are installed............as it is easy for someone to not say 'Pro'......leaving that portion out of the description. The 7a-Pro batteries are a pair of 9V's that are installed on the bottom side of the black control box.
May 09, 2010 12:58PM
Indeed many call a CZ7A or CZ7A pro as one and the same..(not so)

CZ7A is a rodmount only with AA batteries under the armcup and a S rod ...although a tad heavier than the pro its better balance and ergonomics make it feel lighter.

CZ7A pro is a rod or hipmount with pistol grip with 9 volts under the control box a little lighter than the CZ7A but weighting and ergonomics are not as good as the CZ7A.

Indeed CZ7A was the second digital CZ replacing the CZ7 and is older than the CZ7A pro and would inquire which one he has and go from there..
both are equal properly tuned but the rodmount CZ7A is a bear to use with the larger CZ coil whereas you can hipmount the CZ7A pro to use the bigger coil. Box attached to the rod with a bolt makes the CZ7A rodmount a more solid unit for swinging...

This ought to cover the basics and a little research and above all a picture should help you decide...
May 10, 2010 02:31PM
I got one of my best freinds and his son into detecting this year. I sold him my Mexican 3D and I got his son a CZ-7a pro for $320. The kid is already knockin em dead with that thing. Found his first 2 silver war nickels and silver rosey and merc and lots of wheats. Great turn on an go bullet-proof detector. I've got a mint 70 pro I sent to Keith Willis back in January. I can't wait to get it back. The CZ's are timeless and as Tom stated "benchmarks in qaulity design".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2010 02:33PM by Aaron.