Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WHAT DO YOU THINK

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WHAT DO YOU THINK
May 11, 2010 02:11PM
ARE THESE TWO MINE LAB MACHINES BETTER THAN ALL THE REST.
GREAT STORY THOUGH.

[thunting.com]
Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK
May 11, 2010 03:22PM
Well in the right hands those machines are great machines but the same should go for the LTD

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 11, 2010 04:01PM
71 silver halfs in 5hrs between 2 people is hard to believe. Not saying its not true or possible though. At todays silver prices that's around $650. Not a bad haul for a few hours work.
Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2010 04:04PM by Aaron.
May 11, 2010 09:02PM
Only half dollars.....and no other coins of interest. Hmmmmmmm
May 11, 2010 11:46PM
I think Minelabs are good machines, as are Whites, Tesoros, Garretts and others. I am a CZ fan myself, and I think the hunting spots are more of a factor as to what is found than the machine ( as long as the machines are of the same performance level).

Here are pictures of some 8 Reales I found on the beach with my CZ6a. All from the 1775-1780's. Also found one from 1740, along with a 1723 British half penny. They were a bunch that were found with a Minelab and Whites too...so, it was the area much more than the machines that made the finds.

May 12, 2010 12:23AM
Fantastic! What 'type' of erosion.................long duration winter winds, NorEaster, hurricane???
May 12, 2010 01:19AM
Actually Tom, no erosion ! It was a spot where the beach was being dredged and the dredging unit went over a ship wreck. There were several spots, in the DRY sand, where lots of these were found. My friends and I found over 130 of them. There were others who found bunches too. Now, they are spread sporatically on the beach, and people are finding one or two here and there.

I think we found the slurry pile of the dredge, where the cage was on the beach where the water/sand spews out. The DEP folks have to empty the cage/basket every so often due to shells and sand, and the reales are really hard to see because they aren't really silver in color, but more grey/black.

So, needless to say, we got lucky, and it wasn't really the machine that found them ! Still, I stick by my CZ's as still the best overall units ever !
May 12, 2010 01:53AM
That explains why one of them looks hit. What a chance-of-a-lifetime!

Yes, I agree.....CZ's are one of the best all-around units......and hard to match for wet salt conditions.
May 12, 2010 02:33AM
Yes, some were really bent, busted up and had lots of iron on them. Others were in really great shape. Also, there were 2 gold coins found as well. Unfortunately I did not make the trip the day my buddies found the 2 ! DARN !

I believe the gold coins are 1/2 Escudos from Spain. They are very thin and the size of a nickel. Really nice coins.
May 12, 2010 12:13PM
Wow what a story.