Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lookiing for the best detector around $500. new or used...

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Lookiing for the best detector around $500. new or used...
February 18, 2015 08:47PM
No need for beach mode. Relics and coins is what I'll be searching for...

What's out there? Tone ID is important.
Re: Lookiing for the best detector around $500. new or used...
February 18, 2015 09:31PM
Now that the Fors Core is on sale for $599 - it may be worth a look or you could pick up an MXT Pro for about $500 or so. Earlier today I saw a mint looking DFX for sale for $375 on another Friendly forum - that would be pretty hard to beat.
February 18, 2015 09:43PM
You have lots of choices. New White's Mx5, New Garrett At Pro, probably a used Fisher F-19, used White's MXT and more. Before you purchase you might let us know what area of country/state you plan to detect in. Not all detectors are created/perform equal when it comes to detecting in medium to high levels of soil mineralization.
February 18, 2015 10:08PM
You would be hard pressed to do better than this setup..[www.treasureclassifieds.com]

No Im not selling it or know who is but those machines work well about everywhere....beach....bad dirt....good dirt....excellent in trash with small coil...and target I.D. in iroj is the most accurate ive ever seen..

Heck you can even hunt in water to 10 feet...

it really is that good of a unit...and still hot on coins at the higher freq it has ...plus hot on Jewerly and a KILLER on relics in iron..And aslo audible audio allows you to dig rejected target's like iron relics with ease...

If I could only have one unit for everything it would be a AT PRO ... it does so much so well..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 18, 2015 11:16PM
DonM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that the Fors Core is on sale for $599 - it
> may be worth a look or you could pick up an MXT
> Pro for about $500 or so. Earlier today I saw a
> mint looking DFX for sale for $375 on another
> Friendly forum - that would be pretty hard to
> beat.

Where?
February 18, 2015 11:31PM
DFX is offered for sale at 2 sites - you have to be registered to see the classified section.....first one is treasurenebt and the other one - here is the link

[metaldetectingforum.com]
February 18, 2015 11:31PM
Now you went and done it - I get a T2 and MXT Pro and find out I should of got an AT Pro.

Only kidding I am happy with the ones I am getting both detectors I have admired and have wanted to try. But I will say The AT Pro does seem like an amazing detector for the price. But I have always wondered the Pro or the Gold. Some people think the Gold is Hotter and has better iron discrimination and handles bad ground better - that last statement is true - Garrett has a video to prove it. But I am sure there are trade offs. Almost like the T2 vs F75 debate similar but different.

Keith Southern Wrote:
> You would be hard pressed to do better than this
> setup..[www.treasureclassifieds.com]
> tectors/garrett-at-pro-with-both-8-5x11-5x8-coils-
> and-hp-adapter_i1144
>
> No Im not selling it or know who is but those
> machines work well about
> everywhere....beach....bad dirt....good
> dirt....excellent in trash with small coil...and
> target I.D. in iroj is the most accurate ive ever
> seen..
>
>
> Heck you can even hunt in water to 10 feet...
>
> it really is that good of a unit...and still hot
> on coins at the higher freq it has ...plus hot on
> Jewerly and a KILLER on relics in iron..And aslo
> audible audio allows you to dig rejected target's
> like iron relics with ease...
>
> If I could only have one unit for everything it
> would be a AT PRO ... it does so much so well..
>
> Keith

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 18, 2015 11:49PM
Best place to buy the AT Pro NEW?
February 19, 2015 12:15AM
lots of good dealer's out there..not sure Tom wants any of us plugging any of them though..

I will say call around and get quotes...tell them you are seriously considering one and looking for the best price.. you should get a broad range of prices..at times better than used..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 19, 2015 12:54AM
I would think a Explorer Se................Coins and stuff!
February 19, 2015 01:04AM
mascard1 Wrote:
> I would think a Explorer Se................Coins
> and stuff!

I love the explorer. May consider a good used one.
February 19, 2015 03:52AM
Agree w/mascard a used explorer in good shape is youre best bet if audio is important. Unlimited coil options, super deep, but heavy. I prefer the Exp 2, as its a bit smoother in iron, I just dont dig it unless I chase a borderline signal, in which case the machine is saying iron to a degree anyways. These machines can actually hit and accurately ID 11" pennies/dimes. The se has the faster screen and better pinpoint. Beware of the se w/the stock coil. You want the se pro as its got the pro coil.
February 19, 2015 04:15AM
Detectorist Wrote:
> No need for beach mode. Relics and coins is what
> I'll be searching for...
>
> What's out there? Tone ID is important.

whites mx-5 is a crackerjack detector for coins,especially with the 5.3 eclipse coil
terrific in the trash!..it's got (v.d.i.) and 8 tones or two tones,or single tone.can get it for $ 500.00,
or less!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 19, 2015 05:20AM
If your interested I have the original Green T2 with the stock 11" coil and also the N.E.L. Sharpshooter Coil.

El
February 22, 2015 05:36AM
I'm tending to like the AT Pro....actually, I like it very much.

The deal killer is the huge stock coil. 11" really? Insane. If I could find one with the concentric 9" coil I might splurge.... I don't want to have to spend more money right away on a smaller coil.
February 22, 2015 05:46AM
Why don't you call some dealers and ask. They may be able to work a deal with a coil swap so you're not in as deep $$$$wise. Just a thought. You could go the AT gold route. It comes with a 5x8" coil. Looks like a little more $$$ than the AT Pro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 05:55AM by tnsharpshooter.