Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Impact

Posted by carvlin7 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Nokta Impact
February 21, 2015 05:03AM
We'all know you're truthful in your reports/test Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 05:09PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 21, 2015 05:05AM
If nothing else the competitive pricing cant be ignored. Meanwhile minelab has lost their bleeping minds.
February 21, 2015 05:12AM
deadlift Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If nothing else the competitive pricing cant be
> ignored. Meanwhile minelab has lost their bleeping
> minds.

Agreed!
February 21, 2015 07:39AM
hmm

Black/White photo.

It could be that it is red and is the Kellyco brand specific Racer.

[www.kellycodetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 07:44AM by OldandBold.
February 21, 2015 07:22PM
No insinuations taken Wayne ..

But I know how people feel about HYPE .. A sthere is not perfect unit..and what i usually do is jsut look for a Niche quality ina unit and see if maybe it can stay around for awhile...and again the small coil in nails is what I see as the Niche for the whole unit...

Other's may find other qualities but I Know where I see the strength..

Remember when we were in that old house site with the CoRe when you were down here and I found that small lead pencil in that iron that's the type targets the CoRe and Racer sees with small coil....

What keeps me motivated though is say theres a thin silver I.D. disc or Silver thin Corp badge...and if thats the only way to find it in iron then I have a tool for that...

But I look at detectors as simple tools and at times the only thing I even know about detector in hand is how it works in iron.. not in modern trash and such...Or even affinity for jewelry or coins etc..

I find the Racer/CoRe as a Micro unmasker in iron...

Hey I forgot about the Modded Surfmaster II....hope its still working O.K. that one turned out hotter than usual..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 21, 2015 08:47PM
Keith S---NO ONE could ever say/imply/or suggest that you have been anything but upfront with all your input on any machine,one you bought,one that was sent to you to test,or one you borrowed. If it were not for people such as YOU who give up a lot of personal enjoyment to inform--FOR FREE-- fellow detectorist we would be lacking in a lot of knowledge.
As a matter of fact the other day I was wondering"how the h ell does Keith work those long hours and still find time to keep people informed on MDing"? My hat is off to you and I imagine that 99/44/100's of other folks feel the same way.
February 21, 2015 08:54PM
I enjoy hear/talking/ reading about the latest detectors. That is why I am a member of this metal detecting forum. And the AWESOME thing is, we can spend our cash on whatever suits us. Hopefully, in a few weeks, another detector will be up and front for our consideration.
On another note: I am still waiting for a certain company to come out with a GROUND BREAKING, paradigm-shifting, possibly multi-freqency (if that is a good thing), machine. One that will bypass that 4 inches of 'hauled in top soil' and reach down and say HOWDY to the hidden coins of long ago!!!
Alot of my town sites should be riddled with half-dimes. They were easy to drop and lose. etc etc.
Anyway, my thoughts.........about 2 cents worth. (I take paypal)....lol
February 21, 2015 08:57PM
Right on Doc, I'm in the 99.44% as well. Keith does possess that special persona, non confrontational, and has wisdom too-he won't admit though. That's ok by me.
February 21, 2015 09:26PM
Keith Southern Wrote:

No insinuations taken Wayne

> Hey I forgot about the Modded Surfmaster
> II.... hope its still working O.K. that one turned
> out hotter than usual..
>
> Keith

Yep = still working good Keith,

That sucker's like a SM II on steroids ;-) I've had 3 of them in the last like 20 yrs and this one is by far the HOTTEST one since you did your magic on it!

Remember I found this gold band in the lake last summer at 13/14" deep in the sand after you shipped her back all souped up & ready to go!?

February 21, 2015 10:30PM
I get what MRH is saying. Here lately, you can't log in to this forum without there being at least 5 threads on the first page about the CoRe or Racer, or other Nokta news. The thing is, IMO there's nothing really new about any of them that isn't already offered on other machines. But as said...you cant log in here anymore without being bombarded by threads about them. I see a lot of talk but not a lot of people putting their money down for one.
February 21, 2015 10:43PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I get what MRH is saying. Here lately, you can't
> log in to this forum without there being at least
> 5 threads on the first page about the CoRe or
> Racer, or other Nokta news. The thing is, IMO
> there's nothing really new about any of them that
> isn't already offered on other machines. But as
> said...you cant log in here anymore without being
> bombarded by threads about them. I see a lot of
> talk but not a lot of people putting their money
> down for one.

EXACTLY!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 05:10PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 21, 2015 11:04PM
Well MRH, didn't you go to Ga and detect with Keith?? If you don't mind what machine did you use?? Seems like I remember you found one 3 ringer. Sounds like maybe you need to change machines?? I mean one 3 ringer for what 1500 mile round trip. Mr Jack Flynn has posted finds, I have posted finds from a CW site I pounded with Deus twice. Keith posted a find-remember the token??
And just how many FORS CoRe users are there?? And how many of them visit this forum? And is it possible many like me are taking the CoRe units to places that have already been hunted(pounded) with supposed other top of the line detectors.

And I'm curious what detector do you possess that can tell the difference say between a $1, $2.50, or $5 dollar gold coin from a small piece of lead?? I don't have a single one.
If you don't like or want to buy a Nokta or Makro detector just don't. The detectors I feel do have their place. And I also feel with time and better weather you will see some incredible finds. I would never rate a detector based on finds or lack of in the middle of winter-totally unfair to the detecting community and the detectors. Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 11:13PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 21, 2015 11:45PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Well MRH, didn't you go to Ga and detect with
> Keith?? If you don't mind what machine did you
> use?? Seems like I remember you found one 3
> ringer. Sounds like maybe you need to change
> machines?? I mean one 3 ringer for what 1500 mile
> round trip. Mr Jack Flynn has posted finds, I
> have posted finds from a CW site I pounded with
> Deus twice. Keith posted a find-remember the
> token??
> And just how many FORS CoRe users are there?? And
> how many of them visit this forum? And is it
> possible many like me are taking the CoRe units to
> places that have already been hunted(pounded) with
> supposed other top of the line detectors.
>
> And I'm curious what detector do you possess that
> can tell the difference say between a $1, $2.50,
> or $5 dollar gold coin from a small piece of
> lead?? I don't have a single one.
> If you don't like or want to buy a Nokta or Makro
> detector just don't. The detectors I feel do have
> their place. And I also feel with time and better
> weather you will see some incredible finds. I
> would never rate a detector based on finds or lack
> of in the middle of winter-totally unfair to the
> detecting ommunity and the detectors. Cheers

Dude

you got a "problem"??

You want one??

And gold coins??

here's one for ya >> [www.dankowskidetectors.com] -- read if you can = maybe you'll L E A R N something (spell that slow enough for you)??
February 22, 2015 12:12AM
No problems here. Just don't understand why you would want to knock Nokta detectors. They are up and coming here in the USA. And this "Lots of talk" you refer to. You know there was lots of Deus talk too. And if another release happens with Deus, there will be more-guarantee it. Don't you have a Deus?? There is no perfect detector. BTW, I don't have problems with spelling or reading or answering questions !! And when I do communicate on this forum I try and not be pompous!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 12:13AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 22, 2015 12:16AM
What I've noticed is that there are a lot of experienced people on these forums that have been detecting for a long time and have acquired multiple high end detectors. I think that what people need to keep in mind is that there are many more people that visit, to learn from the experts. Not everyone has the financial means to have multiple machines or to buy the high end units currently on the market. So, while a machine like the Racer may not introduce any new groundbreaking technology to justify someone replacing their current machine, it is very appealing to those of us looking to upgrade.

I have been using an ACE 250 for the last four years and based on what I've seen regarding performance, price and ease of use, the Racer looks awesome as an all around detector. I was considering an AT Pro but this detector has made me rethink my priorities regarding how I plan to hunt in the future. Sure, something like an F75 or Deus would be awesome but it's out of my price range at the moment and from what I've been reading, the Makro/Nokta units aren't to far off performance wise but cost considerably less.
February 22, 2015 12:40AM
FollowtheBeep.... you are exactly right. And THAT is why the Racer is being talked about so much, imo. Easily learned, easy on the pocket book, and a contender with the big boys. That is saying something. BTW... the Racer, and AT Pro are both great choices, I don't think you can go wrong either way. My question is how did you deal with the bong of the Ace for so long....lol. Kidding, my first detector was an Ace 150..

As for finds, it shouldn't matter if you find lincolns, buffalo nickels, or black beards treasure. It's all about a common interest in detecting and sharing our great hobby with one another. Obviously some people do not feel that way about it and cast a negative vibe around. I'll happily watch a video of Jack Flynn digging zincolns in a trash pit as I would Tom D. hunting for relics, as I may learn something from either said endeavor. When (hopefully) I have acquired 30 years detecting under my belt, I hope to be able to share said wealth of knowledge with others in hopes of passing on knowledge of a great hobby, not put them down due to what they may or may not find.
February 22, 2015 12:43AM
Wow-----I hadn't seen those finds you made Wayne--missed seeing them somehow.-----Two gold coins in nine years---that's two more than I've found in a lifetime! smiling smiley----Really enjoyed looking at all your finds.---That Lincoln "bust" was neat to---wonder what that was off of/what the story is on that?------Belated congratulations & thanks for posting them.-----------Del
February 22, 2015 01:10AM
more of a joke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 05:11PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 22, 2015 01:22AM
MRH,
Never slammed Deus. I actually have 2 of them, A CTX too and a F75LTD2. I was linking your complaining about all the Core/Racer talk to the Deus. As it had been talked about heavily here too. And no slam for the 3 ringer, I dig them too, small lead too. You just seem like you never dig any junk. You would be the first I've heard of; especially when relic hunting. You do relic hunt don't you?? And if you'll notice not many current finds being posted by hardly anyone? Does that mean their detectors are junk, less than ideal?? I've had below 0 temps, rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow. When all this mess gets gone we can all get out and enjoy, and hopefully post some finds. And I too may make a trip down and visit Mr Southern. He seems like a nice guy.
February 22, 2015 01:33AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> MRH,
> Never slammed Deus. I actually have 2 of them, A
> CTX too and a F75LTD2. I was linking your
> complaining about all the Core/Racer talk to the
> Deus. As it had been talked about heavily here
> too. And no slam for the 3 ringer, I dig them
> too, small lead too. You just seem like you never
> dig any junk. You would be the first I've heard
> of; especially when relic hunting. You do relic
> hunt don't you?? And if you'll notice not many
> current finds being posted by hardly anyone? Does
> that mean their detectors are junk, less than
> ideal?? I've had below 0 temps, rain, freezing
> rain, sleet, and snow. When all this mess gets
> gone we can all get out and enjoy, and hopefully
> post some finds. And I too may make a trip down
> and visit Mr Southern. He seems like a nice guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 05:12PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 22, 2015 01:36AM
Does Keith's hunting partner post here??
February 22, 2015 01:43AM
I think all machines have a good following with many that also enjoy using them and perform excellent if used within their specifications and capabilities.
Whether its an Ace or a top end machine. Having fun is what counts.
The Racer seems to fill a nice price point that makes it perfect as an entry level machine and for some one who is experienced and provides overall an excellent level of performance.

You have to give Notka/Makro credit for being one of the few if not only company who has reached out to the treasure hunter asking what they would like to see in a machine.
Then made a super first attempt to provide what the consumer wanted........................all in all Notka/Makro should be applauded.
Who knows what interesting detectors they will conjure up in the future.

I always like reading about the newest machines and what folks find with them.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Keith I have your Surfmaster II, a nice detector
February 22, 2015 01:50AM
Would be nice if I could change the coil. Would like to pick up a modded IDX Pro or Classic III SL sometime.

You can swing this detector so slow.

Rick
February 22, 2015 02:10AM
even more of a joke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 05:13PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 22, 2015 02:50AM
I appreciate what all the testers do for us . I was into testing and reporting on detectors and accessories for a while and decided it was more work and time consuming than I cared for. Always having to video this and that and it cut way back on my actual time detecting so I quit. I like to spend my free time swinging and digging without hardly a break to eat even .

My hats off to those who take the time so inquiring minds may know .
February 22, 2015 03:31AM
> Dude
>
> you got a "problem"??
>
> You want one??
>
> And gold coins??
>
> here's one for ya >>
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,63960,63960#msg-63960 -- read if you can =
> maybe you'll L E A R N something (spell that
> slow enough for you)??

wow....what a jack wagon....
February 22, 2015 04:11AM
Dang I go to work for eight hours, just logged in and we are discussing ME. lol. If it's not raining tomorrow I plan to make a video in a little less than 1080 so hopefully it will load into UTube.
February 22, 2015 03:15PM
Not trying to step into the middle of a heated debate or step on anyone's toes. I tested a Fors CoRe at a beach here in Florida and was very impressed with it's performance on wet sand and moving from very shallow water to the wet sand. It was very stable after doing a manual balance.

I normally hunt with a custom excal, I searched a section of wet sand with excal, marked iron nulls and tones in sand and went back and searched same area with the Fors CoRe in beach mode, the CoRe found all the same targets and went over the iron with out giving a tone which is what it is suppose to do in the beach mode. It was extremely stable, especially for a single freq detector.

I think the good thing about Nokta and Marko is it will force some of the long time major manufacturers to rethink their strategy. They have a new player to contend with offering a great, well built product with new features for less money.... More competition for less money benefits us all......I personally look forward to seeing and testing the Nokata Impact in person..
Nokta Impact (wow, a double entendre)
February 22, 2015 04:15PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I get what MRH is saying. Here lately, you can't
> log in to this forum without there being at least
> 5 threads on the first page about the CoRe or
> Racer, or other Nokta news. The thing is, IMO
> there's nothing really new about any of them that
> isn't already offered on other machines. But as
> said...you cant log in here anymore without being
> bombarded by threads about them. I see a lot of
> talk but not a lot of people putting their money
> down for one.

Not trying to add to the noise factor, here. And our temps are actually up to, WOW, just turned to look at the outside temp and it's 63! Still too wet and icy to get into the ground most places here, though.
But as far as being bombarded with Nokta/Racer "talk," it's pretty easy to skip the threads that have Nokta or Racer in them. If you're seeing a lot of talk that you don't want to see, why are you following those threads?
And perhaps even adding to them? Makes no sense. Cents, either, and that's what this forum is really about: Increasing everybody's knowledge of detecting and increasing everybody's GOOD finds!
Sure, there's a lot of interest in new to the market detectors. A lot of conjecture and speculation and gossip, too; crumpled and shredded drink cans and deep plow points and nails in the metal detecting vernacular.
But as detectorists, we have to accept some of those to get to the "nuggets." But we can minimize the stuff we don't want to read by...wait for it...NOT reading it!
Every time we post, we should ask ourselves; are we adding to the trash, or the good stuff?

No offense intended to anyone, living or dead, housebound or out making the find of a lifetime.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 22, 2015 04:51PM
My gripe is that nearly every day, the same people or so are starting 3-5+ threads on the same topic about the same things and it gets old. I have been looking past most of them but it has gotten to the point of being nauseating. Like two people in puppy love that can't hang up on one another on the phone. "You hang up...no you hang up..". With that said, I think this will be one of the last posts I make here on this forum til all this blows over.