Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How come we can buy Fisher and Technetics from........

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How come we can buy Fisher and Technetics from........
February 24, 2015 10:54PM
the same dealers, but not Nokta and Makro?????
Re: How come we can buy Fisher and Technetics from........
February 24, 2015 11:05PM
They have to try to be a little different than First Texas.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
February 24, 2015 11:08PM
because theyre not fisher/tech.
February 24, 2015 11:11PM
My guess is that it has to do with the two companies being competitors before they were recently joined, therefore having different distributors, dealers, etc...whereas Fisher and Teknetics were already both owned by First Texas. It is sort of like bow companies...each one has their own sub line of bows that a dealers carry. Mathews is the flagship company and Mission is their secondary company...both are built in the same place but Mathews is always their top of the line products. BowTech is the flagship company and Diamond is the secondary company; both are owned by BowTech. PSE has their Pro series line of bows, that only Pro rated dealers can carry...then they have their main line of bows in which all the dealers can carry, including the big box stores. They do it that way so that their Pro dealers can offer bows that the big box stores like Bass Pro and Cabelas can't.
February 24, 2015 11:33PM
The Nokta is solely imported to the U.S by Kellyco ...Yet kellyco is not a distributor...so there they have the prodcut as thier own...

The Makro is Imported to the U.S. by a Distributor...So there is the network to the dealers in place...

Heres how Fisher Tek works in the U.K.

direct from Mike Scott..

Hi Keith,
I hope you are well.
T2 and other Teks along with Fisher were solely distributed by Peter Bettis @Joan Allen in UK for many years. Later we gave the Tek line to my good friend Nigel @ Regton. Nigel and I knew each other from our early days with Minelab (1995-2003) and I knew he had a great distribution network in UK. Regton also has the BH Discovery line while Bounty Hunter is sold by another distributor which is our formula for almost 200 countries around the world.

Either way we would have 2 brands since its always better to compete against yourself than others regardless of what country you are in.
Financially, 2 businesses are always better than one and the Tek business alone is now worth far more than Fisher cost us when we bought it (and so is Fisher). Teknetics brand was going to be reborn and established with or without Fisher as a sister company.

Thanks,

Mike

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 24, 2015 11:42PM
Now that's some good info. First time I've really seen it spelled out. Definitely clarifies/reduces the confusion/questions. Thanks Keith.
Here is what Nokta had to say........
February 26, 2015 06:01PM
This quote was made by "Nokta Detectors" in the "Regarding the Impact post" thread.

"You need to understand that Nokta and Makro have had different distribution channels simply because they were 2 separate companies in the past and many of our customers wanted it to keep it that way after the merger."