Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold fell like a rock today....

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold fell like a rock today....
March 07, 2015 01:28AM
Weird times were in..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Gold fell like a rock today....
March 07, 2015 01:53AM
Yeah, a so did some other things. HH jim tn
March 07, 2015 02:17AM
Naked short selling. Should not be allowed but it is. The disconnection between paper contracts and the actual physical metal is frightening.

How the hell can you sell something, on leverage to boot, without actually owning it nor will ever purchase it in the future to sell ?
March 07, 2015 02:20AM
Yeah

that's what can happen in an "instant"

and how you can LOSE a PILE of $$ in a hurry

same as I was explaining in another thread here on the whole PayEnemy thing and what happened to me with a rip-off con man during a coin/silver/gold transaction I did for 45k back about 5 yrs ago

Fortunes can be lost/gained in an instant when playing with the "gold" market = NO DOUBT

look at it this way

if you invested in 100 oz of gold a week ago = today you would've lost $3000 on that investment (just in 1 weeks time)...
March 07, 2015 02:21AM
Interesting Rover..

Very insightful...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 07, 2015 02:42AM
Hate that for ya Wayne on loosing that much!!!

gotta hurt bad!!!

Short story...I like to call Missed opportunities...

It was right after 911..... not sure of the exact date....A buddy of mine was going around buying silver in large quantities from different people who had been stockpiling...

I actually went on a run with him to pick up 5000 ounces one day from a gentleman..My buddy was getting the silver for $5.00-$6.00 an ounce back then by buying in large quantities from collectors and such...On that day it was dead on $5.00 an ounce what he paid

well to make a long story short ..he bought up somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000.00 worth at roughtly $5.00-$6.00 an ounce..well he sold it when it went above 40.00 an ounce about a decade later...He's sitting pretty right now at about 55 years old.!!Im still working LOL!!!

He told me and told me to buy all I could get.. I did not listen...Missed oportunities...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 07, 2015 03:03AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hate that for ya Wayne on loosing that much!!!
>
> gotta hurt bad!!!
>
>
> Short story...I like to call Missed
> opportunities...
>
> It was right after 911..... not sure of the exact
> date....A buddy of mine was going around buying
> silver in large quantities from different people
> who had been stockpiling...
>
> I actually went on a run with him to pick up 5000
> ounces one day from a gentleman..My buddy was
> getting the silver for $5.00-$6.00 an ounce back
> then by buying in large quantities from collectors
> and such...On that day it was dead on $5.00 an
> ounce what he paid
>
> well to make a long story short ..he bought up
> somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000.00 worth
> at roughtly $5.00-$6.00 an ounce..well he sold it
> when it went above 40.00 an ounce about a decade
> later...He's sitting pretty right now at about 55
> years old.!!Im still working LOL!!!
>
> He told me and told me to buy all I could get.. I
> did not listen...Missed oportunities...
>
> Keith

Keith

if it EVER GETS ANYWHERE NEAR that low again = BUY ALL YOU CAN PAL!

I did the same back then (911 and a few yrs after was the time period I was BIG time into dealing in it)

I XXXX you not = I made a KILLING in a short period of time

I had BAGS of JUNK silver coin (mercs, washingtons, roosevelt's, st. libs, walkers, etc) that I paid $4000/$4500 per bag for and sold at 3xs that much in just a couple yrs!

Gold too = I had $20 gold pieces I paid $550/$600 each for and sold a few yrs later at $1500 each (and I don't mean 1 or 2) I mean like 30 or more of them!

The rule of thumb is

when gold is between $350 and $500 per oz - BUY all you can

and

silver when it's at $5 to $8 per oz

after that (any higher) = forget it --- you better "wait" and bide your time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 10:21AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
March 07, 2015 03:03AM
Keith...in all honesty, I think the price of gold and silver today is a bargain. If you think about how much printed fiat is being made artificially every day, in all forms, physical gold and silver is undervalued ( imho).

Also, the price of gold fell in DOLLAR terms, because the dollar was stronger vs all other currencies. Ask the people in Russia and Greece if they would rather have gold or fiat in their currencies ( ruble, Euro). In addition, because of the 'good' employment figures, the Fed hints of a rate hike, hence less money printing, hence making the dollar look stronger, which is what they want to force the price of gold down. But the price is a paper price, in a fiat currency ( dollar).

The dollar is the cleanest shirt in the laundry at this point.

I have been turning all the clad I find each year into silver, and buying gold each month with some of my savings. I feel one has to have some form or insurance against a falling dollar...which will happen and possibly sooner than one thinks.
March 07, 2015 03:07AM
I hear you Keith... I have many similar experiences...Im destined to work till the day I die...luckily I enjoy working. One I remember was an oppurtunity to buy a beautiful Limelight green AAR cuda for $5k....shoulda jumped on that!
March 07, 2015 03:33AM
Just looking at the price does not tell the story.
Look under the hood, and research whats going on where few people look.
Thats how you can play it right and win.
Get in for the mid to long term. Buying one week and hoping to sell the next for a big profit is very tough.

[kingworldnews.com]

Good read on whats happening behind the scenes. The west is running low on gold. The gold trading hub will be moving east.
They will set the prices, and no, they will not give their gold away at a loss. The Chinese are not stupid. They have the gold, they will be making the rules.

Keep stacking.
March 07, 2015 03:38AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Weird times were in..
>
> Keith

Indeed they are weird times we are in. Does anyone have that feeling that something is looming......gathering...???? I know that I do. AndI have never been an alarmist but something is in the wind......and it ain't just the paper-mill.
March 07, 2015 03:54AM
Kevin, lots of storm clouds on the horizon. We don't know exactly when or how bad the storm will be, but its coming. Hope we all survive it.
March 07, 2015 04:24AM
possum mo Wrote:
> Kevin, lots of storm clouds on the horizon. We
> don't know exactly when or how bad the storm will
> be, but its coming. Hope we all survive it.

I think about it alot Possum. And taking care of my 82 year old mother makes it even more worrisome. She is set up right now to live her days in her own home and in comfort. I would not want a destroyed economy to cause her ANY type of bad stuff. I promised her that I would keep her at home. She was insistent. So far, so good. But I have been keeping up with the economy and Congress and the President and all they seem to want to do is take care of their own butts. What happened to the REAL MEN. The Presidents of old who would create a solution. No matter what party affiliation, they seemed to have the people's best interest at heart. Or maybe I have been reading history through rose-colored glasses.
I was hoping that I would not out live the dark times that loom on the near horizon. It's going to take a survival instinct.
The price of gold dropping like this is just crazy. And I just made a thread about investing in precious metals the other day. And then.....this.
March 07, 2015 04:28AM
Well..big storm in the obama/Iran/Israel saga...our fearless leader doesnt seem to understand what Nintenyahoo(sp?) is trying to tell him.
March 07, 2015 04:50AM
deathray Wrote:
> Well..big storm in the obama/Iran/Israel
> saga...our fearless leader doesnt seem to
> understand what Nintenyahoo(sp?) is trying to tell
> him.

Only a fool would not have understood (even without Netanyahu's address), and I don't take him for a fool in this instance. I hope I'm wrong.
March 07, 2015 10:05AM
I hate to talk politics here but I have to say: I wish we had leaders here in the US like Israel has. They have balls and know how to handle those extremists. Unlike OBummer who likes to play a childs game of PaddyCake with them.
March 07, 2015 10:30AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I hate to talk politics here but I have to say: I
> wish we had leaders here in the US like Israel
> has. They have balls and know how to handle those
> extremists. Unlike OBummer who likes to play a
> childs game of PaddyCake with them.

Ain't THAT the truth!
March 07, 2015 10:59AM
Presumably the fall was triggered by the US jobs data announcement, combined with the lack of any support at the 1200 dollars/ounce price (it was just below 1200 before the jobs data). Plus it's currently on a downwards move, after the past months' failed breakout. It's basically gone back to the trading range it was at before mid January.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 04:21PM by Pimento.
March 07, 2015 12:28PM
Obama is a Sunni Muslim. He says so in his autobiography. But you heard heim sau that he was Christian on TV? Well, I'm, telling ya that he identifies himself with the Sunni Muslims. ISIL is also Sunni.
March 07, 2015 12:40PM
If i were Israel id be concerned about the U.S. with the current administration too. I think the only reason Israel hasnt been araticated is because of the fear of our support. Its keeping Isreals finger closer to the button..... scary.

As a water hunting to gets a little gold now and then my stack sure seems to be getting smaller. By the price of PT i looks like we could see gold go to $1100.

Dew
March 07, 2015 01:26PM
((( I know I stated this about 7 years ago.... in regards to a 'new' Golden Rule ))):

The Golden Rule = Those with the most gold............. rule.
March 07, 2015 02:15PM
Boys hold on to your silver and gold--the paper gold boys are causing this upheaval because like the emperor who has no clothes, they have NO gold.The prices will fall dramatically initially,but when the new owners of the physical gold and silver step to the plate get ready for the home run.
March 07, 2015 02:55PM
Ok - I really do not believe that to be true - but I have been wrong before so can not say for sure. But even if he is that is like saying if you are German you hate Jews if you are black you are a drug dealer etc... I think there is a lot of hate being stirred up on the Internet. Not good for anyone. There are powers financing this hate. There are powers trying to manipulate financial markets, and there are powers trying to control what and how you think and I think it is working. I say powers because that kind of influence takes money and lots of it. It is not the democrats. It's not the repuplicans. It is someone else - truth is I do not know who it it is or what their end goal is. But who ever they are they have a plan and it is working. They are trying to divide us, scare us - I can see it. Good people are saying words and acting in ways they never would have 10 years ago. Be Careful what you watch and read, challenge everything. Try not to fall into the blame game and the you against me stuff that is being put out. Be cautious, but also try to not to live in fear. The best times this country ever had is when we all had confidence in our country and other Americans. Try to look for the good a little more then the bad. We do have a great country and great people. I hope at some point we all start see that and start working together and ignore the negative and fears others want us to focus on.

Back on your statement Kevin. My son grew up with a kid named (eye-oz) phonetic version, his dad was a plastic surgeon, his family was all Sunni Muslim, they were and are very good people. i always taught my children to judge people by how they treat you and others around you. Never group them together because everyone is and individual. I still believe this to be a good practice.

Oh and one more thing try and not watch news or negative Internet propoganda - instead watch Keith videos they are much more uplifting - also go do more detecting - good therapy for the soul.

Kevin B Wrote:
> Obama is a Sunni Muslim. He says so in his
> autobiography. But you heard heim sau that he was
> Christian on TV? Well, I'm, telling ya that he
> identifies himself with the Sunni Muslims. ISIL is
> also Sunni.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
March 07, 2015 02:59PM
huh? It's doesn't look like a big fall. Where did you see it?
March 07, 2015 05:06PM
Thanks for that, Bryanna ...much appreciated breath of fresh air!

And gold dropped just 2.7% .. not fun but not really a big deal. Silver dropped just 2.4%. Where is it heading? Pick a direction. I think down a little more then back up to hover between $1200 and $1300.

Joe
March 07, 2015 05:19PM
Trying not too go there too much,but being ignorant of what Obama is up to, isnt good.Thats how these traitors keep getting elected, thus putting the entire world at risk.
March 07, 2015 05:45PM
The Democrats and Republican parties are infested with progressives. Those types want total control. Thats where the problems are coming from. If we get a Republican president in 2 years, and he is a progressive, nothing will change. Boehner and McConnell, our house and senate leaders are progressives. Thats why we are not seeing much change in Washington, but rather bowing to Barack. Why not? Their agendas are very much the same. We keep voting for progressives, nothing will change. Now off to the bathroom to puke, the subject makes me sick!! sad smiley
March 07, 2015 07:42PM
When 2 sides are at war or cold war, they are both spewing propaganda, would pay money to see a list of negative Internet propaganda ? " in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king " how can anyone that cant see blatant exoteric signs and symbols right in their face talk about the esoteric? P.s look on the back of your dollar bill for a little glimpse of your master! The pyramid's are your enemy!!! Oh and one more thing anyone want to talk about the Jesuits?
March 08, 2015 10:18AM
I talke to a lot of the ole timers on the beach who are still swinging a detector. I like the stories about finding gold every time out or them even showing me hundreds of rings they still have over the years. Im not sure ill be able to every match their success, BUT....... ill be able to tell the next generation..... i remember when gold was over $1800.

Dew
March 08, 2015 12:47PM
To understand the price, and as others have mentioned - The Manipulated Price of Gold, you must look to the financial system. The financial system in America and the EU is on it's last legs. I am shocked they have been able to prop it up as long as they have, but faith is a huge part of money and as long as people still believe in it, it, to a point, will have some value. (And a big powerful military is a part of that equation of course.)

Now, enter gold. It is ingrained in most folks with a few years behind them, that gold/silver is representative of the strength of the USD or any money for that matter. It has always had this relationship to inflation, right? 10 gold coins should always buy basically the same thing. But if Gold/silver do go up with more QE, then what will that do to a world of people and their opinions of money? It will CRUSH it, it will be the sign they have all been waiting for, amongst others.

So, keep this argument simple, those controlling the money system, MUST MUST MUST, keep the price of these inflationary indicators down, to a point. With food, it is sort of simple, the manufacturers do it unconsciously, producing increasingly smaller packages with ever slowly increasing costs. Throw subsidies into the equation and don't forget how the government always "adjusts" (I really should just call it what it is, LIES), regarding it's economic indicators to get people to believe/feel that things are bettre than they are.

Something's got to give and I don't think it's any coincidence that the US and Nato/EU want in on Russia, but luckily that hasn't happened yet.

Albert